Jordan Matthews chest injury (update: Sternum chip)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@christrapasso

Re: Matthews' injury - #Bills regular season opener in 3 wks. Terminology may be a bit different but he did play in WCO in '16 w/ Pederson

@profootballdoc

Good news: just a pain tolerance issue.

Bad news: can be pretty painful.

Being that he's a vet and knows the WCO...I'm not that concerned.

The mental reps will be there but the chemistry with TT will be delayed. Oh well....we're Bills fans.

@profootballdoc

Good news: just a pain tolerance issue.

Bad news: can be pretty painful.

Also probably won't be doing much if any upper body lifting/conditioning for a while. Like a rib, you'd think this is an injury that's got to affect you for a while, no matter how much you suck it up.

At least Gregg "Kill the sternum, kill the body" Williams is not on the schedule (although no doubt some out there might try to get some shots in)

another one bites the dust. they said the same thing about Watkins when he first hurt his foot. "it's just a pain tolerance issue and he can play through it and will be week to week."

This is where we will find out the value Matthews has that Sammy doesn't. He will be fine and play through the pain, based on everything I've heard about his character that's the type of guy he is.

I'm still surprised we even got Matthews, a 3rd alone for Darby would have probably done it for me.

Also probably won't be doing much if any upper body lifting/conditioning for a while. Like a rib, you'd think this is an injury that's got to affect you for a while, no matter how much you suck it up.

At least Gregg "Kill the sternum, kill the body" Williams is not on the schedule (although no doubt some out there might try to get some shots in)

With ribs, it was more twisting of the core that hurt and nothing much after that. I broke my ribs twice in my life.

I could still bench press and do push ups but asking me to do a trunk twist....almost cried.

I've had a bruised sternum and that was very painful...Matthews is definitely in pain. I really think it'll be fine, without any setbacks in 2 weeks.

another one bites the dust. they said the same thing about Watkins when he first hurt his foot. "it's just a pain tolerance issue and he can play through it and will be week to week."

A fractured foot with a screw in it is much more painful that a chipped sternum, especially in the long haul.