Jordan Matthews chest injury (update: Sternum chip)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. This proves over the last 3 years that Watkins has been more durable.

Did i mention Watkins? I know the spin Drs at OBD touted Matthews durability. 15 minutes of practice and now week to week Edited by MAJBobby

He will play through it. He's been out there for 46 of 48 games as a pro. I think he started most of them as well.

Not for nothing, but I said almost the exact same thing about Watkins last year.

He will play through it; he's been out there for 29 of 32 games as a pro...and he started all of those 29.

Not for nothing, but I said almost the exact same thing about Watkins last year.

He will play through it; he's been out there for 29 of 32 games as a pro...and he started all of those 29.

Yeah, you do have a point, but I'd rather run with a bum chest than a bum foot. He at least will have a chance to heel a bit before the season. I don't see the Bills working him that much to ensure his availability through the season. If they do, and he worsens it, then we will have the same situation with that we had with Sammy last year.

A chest injury and a foot injury for a WR are two very different things. I do think the chest injury could hamper him, but it is much "easier" to manage and play through than a foot which is one of the most critical things for a WR. I agree with the doctor who said he can rest and ice it and manage with pain meds for a couple weeks and ready to go for reg season. It may hurt for months but can be managed. The bigger impact may be the missed reps with TT and the rest of the offense.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So now we are going to hear about this EVERY week just like the Watkins rib injury.

I know this came after the trade, but no way Bills should have passed his physical. The guy knee issues already. Why are we volunteering to deal with these chronic issues with players all the time?

So now we are going to hear about this EVERY week just like the Watkins rib injury.

I know this came after the trade, but no way Bills should have passed his physical. The guy knee issues already. Why are we volunteering to deal with these chronic issues with players all the time?

He is on an expiring contract so i am not sure they are volunteering to take kn a chronic issue (his knee if true).

@christrapasso

Re: Matthews' injury - #Bills regular season opener in 3 wks. Terminology may be a bit different but he did play in WCO in '16 w/ Pederson

@profootballdoc

Good news: just a pain tolerance issue.

Bad news: can be pretty painful.

Yup kind of like he did yesterday. Didnt peep a word continued to play through it didnt miss a rep then got it looked at post practice.

I know. This proves over the last 3 years that Watkins has been more durable.

This is solid gold.