Doesn't seem right. RE: QB/WR

CuddyDark

Btw I remember a bunch of people - including media and analysts- saying TT was a nice fit for Denison's offense. Is that no longer true?

You've watched TT and you are familiar with the WCO and our receivers-- why do you need people to tell you?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason you opt for so many possession receivers is you have a starting QB with a quick release but mediocre arm. Doesn't sound like Tyrod. Also heard today Bills tried to trade Tyrod for Jalen Ramsey.

I hope they trade Shady first. He's the one with most trade value on this team. Without TT Shady's trade value will plummet. It's going to be 11 vs. shady.

The west coast passing game is about running after the catch. So deep speed is not quite as valuable as it was last season in the 1960s scheme. Size and running ability are more important. However, you really don't want "possession" receivers, if that means that they just catch the ball and get tackled right away. We'll see how the current group fit in. Sadly, Sammy was the best west coast receiver on the roster.

The west coast passing game is about running after the catch. So deep speed is not quite as valuable as it was last season in the 1960s scheme. Size and running ability are more important. However, you really don't want "possession" receivers, if that means that they just catch the ball and get tackled right away. We'll see how the current group fit in. Sadly, Sammy was the best west coast receiver on the roster.

Sammy was amazing at catch and runs in college. He was embarrassing misused here.

Sammy was amazing at catch and runs in college. He was embarrassing misused here.

Sammy should have been a devastating #1 WR in the new offense. But for some reason the staff didn't think it would happen. Maybe it's their opinion of the Bills QB play or maybe it's his injury history. Who knows.

Sammy should have been a devastating #1 WR in the new offense. But for some reason the staff didn't think it would happen. Maybe it's their opinion of the Bills QB play or maybe it's his injury history. Who knows.

It's so sad because watching the preseason game, it finally seemed like they were going to use him like that should have been doing all along.

TBG is pretty boring himself. He is a defensive coach. He is going to be a lot more conservative than you think. Our receiving core lost our homerun threat.

Thankfully they are playing football ;)

I think the NFL completion percentage for passes over 30 yds is well under 40% over 40 yds is 30%.

Unless you throw the ball 10 yds and get 20 or 30 yac and thats still possible with some decent down field blocking.

Thankfully they are playing football ;)

I think the NFL completion percentage for passes over 30 yds is well under 40% over 40 yds is 30%.

Unless you throw the ball 10 yds and get 20 or 30 yac and thats still possible with some decent down field blocking.

The strength of our qb is not throwing quick 10 yards passes. We need to be a big play threat with Tyrod. He's not accurate enough to pick teams apart underneath

The only reason you opt for so many possession receivers is you have a starting QB with a quick release but mediocre arm. Doesn't sound like Tyrod. Also heard today Bills tried to trade Tyrod for Jalen Ramsey.

fake .was on facebook days ago

The strength of our qb is not throwing quick 10 yards passes. We need to be a big play threat with Tyrod. He's not accurate enough to pick teams apart underneath

The season hasn't started yet maybe they have another move in the works.

I think the rookie could get it done but would the fans approve?

Link or you lose any future credibility.

Btw I remember a bunch of people - including media and analysts- saying TT was a nice fit for Denison's offense. Is that no longer true?

Who knows, I think there is more rumor than reality going on now. It would be pretty amazing if they pulled off more blockbuster trades with what they just did.

Maybe when TT was the backup in Baltimore he looked good against the backups and

Dennison thought he would be a good fit. But with his comments about TT needing throw before the WR turns makes one wonder if he has changed his mind.

Just to be clear none of the Bills WR are Jerry Rice. You need someone with speed to that can take the top off that defense have to respect. That means he has to not only have speed but he can catch. If not then the defense can keep everyone up, making catching and RAC much more difficult. Oh and Watkins made his living at Clemson with RAC.

Jerry Rice did not have much speed just quickness. Wrong example.

That's because Tyrod doesn't throw his receivers open. Watkins wasn't the only one that suffered from this and it's one of the reasons this team needs a QB.

Bull crap. Catch the damn ball and run with it. Jerry Rice didn't do deep a ton, RAC is what its about. There will be times to go deep. Personally I don't give a damn about "exciting" I give a damn about winning. If its "boring" but we win, who cares?

RAC may be what it's about, but Tyrod can't lead and throw with anticipation to save his life, or place the ball right where it needs to be so the receiver doesn't miss a step.

Everyone around here is focusing on the WR end of the passing equation due to the trade. Focus on the damn QB...without one it doesn't really matter who the WRs are.

Luckily, the FO has this figured out.

Who knows, I think there is more rumor than reality going on now. It would be pretty amazing if they pulled off more blockbuster trades with what they just did.

Maybe when TT was the backup in Baltimore he looked good against the backups and

Dennison thought he would be a good fit. But with his comments about TT needing throw before the WR turns makes one wonder if he has changed his mind.

Yup, I think so too.

RAC may be what it's about, but Tyrod can't lead and throw with anticipation to save his life, or place the ball right where it needs to be so the receiver doesn't miss a step.

Everyone around here is focusing on the WR end of the passing equation due to the trade. Focus on the damn QB...without one it doesn't really matter who the WRs are.

Luckily, the FO has this figured out.

Yup, i'm liking this front office so far. They seem to have a clue and that's a good thing.