Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the last one listed,

but you are right that there are too many to read.

That's why there is a choice.

You chose the "conspiracy" one

But not for that reason.

I read through the thread and backed up to your post, that was the first link I came to, while backing up, and it is silly.

Not that complicated.

Forget the conspiracy angle. Shouldn't people & media stop and think about following a guy who was on one extreme ten years ago and is now on the other extreme?

This train left had left years before Trump was selected by the Republican base. There is a reason why those voters were attracted to him in the first place.

I think beginning around 2006 when Bush was defeated by his base and liberals (although that was purely for political reasons) for his immigration push, the base of the party became something different than what it used to be. I'm not going to get into the characterizations of what I believe they now have become, but it certainly isn't anything that I want to be a part of.

This train left had left years before Trump was selected by the Republican base. There is a reason why those voters were attracted to him in the first place.

I think beginning around 2006 when Bush was defeated by his base and liberals (although that was purely for political reasons) for his immigration push, the base of the party became something different than what it used to be. I'm not going to get into the characterizations of what I believe they now have become, but it certainly isn't anything that I want to be a part of.

The Republican base seems like the South of the 50's and 60's and Trump reminds me of those old Souther Democratic governors that fought integration

The bottom line though, is that we've got the Nazi !@#$ing covered.

Yah, tell that to Heather Heyer's family.

Tell it to families of the nine churchgoers murdered by Dylan Roof.

Atrocities are standard operating procedure for Nazis, and other White Supremacists like the KKK.

If you want to cast them as benevolent organizations, you're either stupid, or sympathetic to their cause.

These groups are a disease... And you don't fight diseases with the First Amendment.

Atrocities are standard operating procedure for Nazis, and other White Supremacists like the KKK.

If you want to cast them as benevolent organizations, you're either stupid, or sympathetic to their cause.

These groups are a disease... And you don't fight diseases with the First Amendment.

Except if the disease is Islam, AMIRITE?

:D

100 proof!

That's like saying all white Europeans are Nazis. You are so stupid

And yet, the First Amendment still protects them.

Goddamn US Constitution is killing people left and right...

No one is doing this. You are arguing with the voices in your head.

The truth is these instances are incredibly rare and also incredibly difficult (more like impossible) to completely prevent. How would you snuff them all out? As soon as you attempt to you give them a new rally cry to remobilize. I really do feel for the families.

Ignoring them or taking the "WWJD" approach is best. As far as I see it, everything has a tax. You want the freedoms we enjoy? Well you're going to pay for it having to deal with situations like this. You want the second amendment? Well you're going to have some gun violence. Is the tax worth it? That's for the public to decide and communicate through elected officials.

I see you reference these people as gang members. I think that's a solid analogy. Look into why most people join gangs and you'll find a lot of commonalities. I'd venture a great majority of the Neo Nazi's are dump people from dumb stock who were prone to gang affiliation. It's just taking this specific form.

Edited by Rockpile233

Labeling people who understand the importance of the First Amendment, and realize that it's protection is far more important than disposing of individual hate groups, as Nazi sympathizers isn't going to win anyone capable of rational thought to your argument.

We punish people for violating the rights of others in their person or property. We do not punish them for their ideas, even if we think their ideas are particularly bad.

This is because we have granted the government a monopoly on the use of force, and given the nature of government, we cannot trust it to always be a benevolent actor. Thusly, we put the government into a cage, and we tell it there are specific things it can and cannot do.

A government empowered to prosecute thought crimes may start off declaring a purge on Nazis; but tomorrow we'll have a different government, and a new enemy. What's to stop a government vested with those powers from restricting other sorts of speech? After all, as much I find Richard Spencer's ideas reprehensible, his ideas are political. Do we really want political speech criminalized? Are we really looking to hand this weapon to the likes of zealots? Shall we bring back McCarthyism? Perhaps we should re-open our internment camps?

Again, if you want to !@#$ Nazis, get up off your fat ass and join the military or apply for a job in law enforcement.

Save that you're nothing more than a fascist and an internet tough guy.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You're a terrible person.

am I though? When you go to a place where violence has already begun and violence is imminent and your companions have weapons it is only obvious to assume you're likely in mortal danger.

Subjecting yourself to these conditions is a choice.

Again, if you want to !@#$ Nazis, get up off your fat ass and join the military or apply for a job in law enforcement.

Pretty sure someone as psychologically fragile as him won't pass a psych evaluation for law enforcement.

Edited by LeviF91

I am ALL FOR taking down radical islamists , but you CLEARLY have a deep-seated hatred for ALL Muslims.

It's not just wrong, but ignorant of history in a religious context.

Catholics and other Christians have their share of bloodied hands in terms of religious violence, and intolerance.

Ritual torture, Stake-burnings, and other grisly methods used by Catholics, and other Christian sects are well documented.

Are you new?.... -To EARTH, I mean?

A **** storm followed anyways. I would of mentioned the riot at Berkely.

So would I Doc, I would have brought everything up, from chanting kill the cops to whatever the white nationalists were chanting. Let's bring it all out in the open, they are going to slam Trump no matter what he says. !@#$'en idiots.

Pretty sure someone as psychologically fragile as him won't pass a psych evaluation for law enforcement.

Well yeah, like I said, we invented police, courts, and the military to deal with Nazi !@#$ing, because !@#$s like this guy can't be trusted with the job.