Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

You did not describe free speech. You described speech that is specifically legislated. The Nazis are free to voice their opinion, until they cross a legal boundary. Making you feel uncomfortable is not that boundary. Hitting them over the head because you don't like the speech does cross the legal line.

This is not that difficult of a concept for anyone who understands US law.

What a load of Nazi-sympathizing trash... The ACLU, you were so eager to name-drop also defended the North American Man-Boy Love Association's right to publish guides on how to approach kids... I guess you support a bunch of child-molester's right to push their brand as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reversal of Reality

By William Jacobson

The media and political frenzy we’ve witnessed since the Charlottesville riots and death of Heather Heyer last Saturday has been as intense as anything in recent memory.

I’ve often used as a measure of frenzy the media reaction when Mitt Romney made a statement during the 2012 campaign criticizing the Obama administration’s response to Benghazi. By that measure, the current situation is off the charts.

For anyone who remembers, the death of four Americans, including our Ambassador, were cast aside for 2-3 days as the media foamed at the mouth in anger that Romney dared criticize the President and politicize such a moment. Reporters even were caught on tape colluding as to which questions to ask at Romney’s press conference. Romney’s act of stating the truth about Benghazi was an act that could not be tolerated, and so his statements were twisted.

The political sphere went hand in hand with the media frenzy, as Democrats fed and fed off of the media frenzy.

That media and political frenzy was, of course, a reversal of reality. It wasn’t Romney who politicized Benghazi by asking serious questions about lack of protection of our Ambassador and consulate. It was the Obama administration that put out false explanations in order to shield Obama’s campaign. The media frenzy was not to get to the truth, but to protect the lies of the Obama administration.

That 2-3 day frenzy was nothing compared to what we are seeing now, because Trump told a simple truth about the riots. Both sides came ready to fight, and both sides were violent. That’s an undeniable fact for anyone who cares about facts.

Unfortunately, many people seem uninterested in facts. So Trump’s words have been twisted into a supposed endorsement of neo-Nazis and White Supremacists, even though there was no such endorsement stated or implied. In each of his three statements, Trump went out of his way to condemn racism and hatred, and in two of the three statements he condemned neo-Nazis and White Supremacists.

What makes this more intense than the media attacks we have seen on Trump before is that Republicans are running scared. The fear of being falsely called a Nazi supporter by the media and political opponents is so intense that Republicans are falling all over themselves to denounce Trump for stating the simple truth that both sides came ready to fight.

Antifa (fka Black Bloc) anarchists are being portrayed as merely opposed to bigotry, when in fact that are violent thugs opposed to civil society.

That truth that both sides were violent doesn’t mean both sides were equal.

But the denial of the truth that both sides were violent seems to go beyond mere criticism, into a reversal of reality.

More at the link:

Edited by B-Man

What a load of Nazi-sympathizing trash... The ACLU, you were so eager to name-drop also defended the North American Man-Boy Love Association's right to publish guides on how to approach kids... I guess you support a bunch of child-molester's right to push their brand as well.

Since you want to get personal, let me posit a theory that your Ukrainian relatives have a much closer historical relationship to Nazis and anti-semitism than I do. Have you renounced your Nazi welcoming relatives?

Since you want to get personal, let me posit a theory that your Ukrainian relatives have a much closer historical relationship to Nazis and anti-semitism than I do. Have you renounced your Nazi welcoming relatives?

:lol: Wrong timeline... That, and the fact that you don't get what an ethnic hodepodge the region of the Crimean peninsula is... Let's just say, what you suggest is impossible.

Nothing says you're against fascism like blindly labeling anyone you disagree with a fascist.

Especially when you advocate silencing them and disarming them without due process.

Listen to the both of you... You think this is a toy... :lol: "Labels".... "Due process".... Nazis aren't pets you morons... Here's a 20 year old who drove a muscle car into a crowd of people FROM BEHIND! -Where was their

due process? If history has taught us anything, it's that pacifying Nazis only emboldens them.... I'm not going to sit here pretending that they're ordinary Americans who want their voices heard... They're terrorists...

Why not allow the Islamic State to march armed through the streets as well?

Edited by #34fan

Ugh. :(

Truth is sometimes unsavory

Absolute horsechitt.

Many types of speech at NOT automatically protected by the first amendment. Threats of violence, Inciting imminent violent actions, Defamation, Plagiarism, ALL can carry either civil, or in some case criminal penalties.

Free speech from fascist, inbred, troglodytes is fine... What comes after may not be... Fascists marching down the street shouting slurs is one thing. Armed fascists marching down the street shouting slurs is quite another.

You morons won't get it until they're actually loading your families onto a railcar.

1) you're an idiot. I suspect you were born that way but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess it's learned. You want to restrict the rights of a group of people that you think may be a threat (nazi inbreds) while allowing people who believe in an ACTUAL threatening ideology in (Islam).

2) you're a coward. You're so afraid of a bunch of inbreds that you're willing to tear up the first amendment to stop them. These are people who will never gain power unless you legitimize them. How do you legitimize them? Prove they're right by outlawing their speech.

3) thankfully you have no authority or we, the reasonable citizens of this country would be !@#$ed.

Edited by joesixpack

This is such a !@#$ing disaster. I feel bad for Trump.

Don't feel too bad for him. The American people who follow politics are smarter than the media gives them credit for. I just wish Trump would of specifically condemned Antifa instead of just "the other side" as this fringe group on the left deserves the same scorn the neo nazi's received.

Why feel bad for fully self imposed situations? Idiots don't need pity.

at first I agreed. But after this weekend and seeing social media blow up I just can't feel pity. This guy can't say anything without being fully attacked. Never had a president been so viciously attacked by all angles. He could tell everyone good morning and he'd get chastised for sending a tweet that doesn't address Hawaiian time for 1am.

Seeing messages from folks I respected claim that Trump is supporting Nazis and all of this is normal. But it's just too much and it'll be his downfall because we will all become deaf to Trump sucks

Don't feel too bad for him. The American people who follow politics are smarter than the media gives them credit for. I just wish Trump would of specifically condemned Antifa instead of just "the other side" as this fringe group on the left deserves the same scorn the neo nazi's received.

it's like Obama not saying Muslims or terrorists. Trump won't say antifa.

... And this how cowardly fascist scum justify the murder of unarmed women.

What a piece of :censored:

she had two arms

This is such a !@#$ing disaster. I feel bad for Trump.

Keep wearing that MAGA hat you got.....wear it everywhere....you don't look like a dumbass....stick it out....you will get the last laugh when 45 rights this ship like only he can and we are G A!!

Keep wearing that MAGA hat you got.....wear it everywhere....you don't look like a dumbass....stick it out....you will get the last laugh when 45 rights this ship like only he can and we are G A!!

I don't have a maga hat you twat. I have a twat hat fashioned to your likeness. Big. Pink. Tasty

If you've been following the discussion, you would have noticed that many here are equating leftist anarchist groups who incite violence with the white nationalists. And that's the message that keeps getting lost. It seems impossible now to call out their hatefulness and disregard for the law without getting lumped in with support for the Nazis.

Newsflash, both need to disappear

Wow, if you can't manage to get the point across, how do you expect Trump to?

I think everyone needs to step back and realize these nazi protests have been going on for 150 years. Literally the same thing happened in Pennsylvania 15 years ago where a nazi protester ran over s counter protester but didn't kill him. It would seem the media wants to make it seem like all of s sudden these guys are popping up. They were always there. The important thing is there are less of them then 50 years ago and less than 20. It's getting better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You love Trump.

I think everyone needs to step back and realize these nazi protests have been going on for 150 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

I think everyone needs to step back and realize these nazi protests have been going on for 150 years. Literally the same thing happened in Pennsylvania 15 years ago where a nazi protester ran over s counter protester but didn't kill him. It would seem the media wants to make it seem like all of s sudden these guys are popping up. They were always there. The important thing is there are less of them then 50 years ago and less than 20. It's getting better Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't fit the "persecuted blacks" narrative and "heroic peaceful counterprotesters" one either.

:lol: Wrong timeline... That, and the fact that you don't get what an ethnic hodepodge the region of the Crimean peninsula is... Let's just say, what you suggest is impossible.

Listen to the both of you... You think this is a toy... :lol: "Labels".... "Due process".... Nazis aren't pets you morons... Here's a 20 year old who drove a muscle car into a crowd of people FROM BEHIND! -Where was their

due process? If history has taught us anything, it's that pacifying Nazis only emboldens them.... I'm not going to sit here pretending that they're ordinary Americans who want their voices heard... They're terrorists...

Why not allow the Islamic State to march armed through the streets as well?

You have got to be a troll. No one is this stupid.

If he condemned antifa, can you imagine the **** storm that would follow?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/08/16/ann-coulter-liberals-club-people-love-hearts/

"Liberals have Republicans over a barrel because they used the word “racist.” The word is kryptonite, capable of turning the entire GOP and 99 percent of the “conservative media” into a panicky mass of cowardice."

*standing ovation*

Edited by joesixpack