Rams' fan reaction to Sammy trade

Look at the number of targets and you will probably find your answer. Did he not produce because he wasn't 100% or because we only through the ball a total of 25 times and Sammy only saw 6 or 7 balls thrown his way? My guess would be on the latter over the former.

i certainly agree that tyrod was a reason watkins never had huge numbers here, but in my opinion, you are down playing his injury history way too much. even with the rams he not going to put up huge numbers due to qb play. i liked your estimate of 1150 yrs and 10 tds as his ceiling, but i think we both agree he can do better with an established qb...as long as he healthy.

the rams could be in a tough spot. they need to come up with a reasonable contract soon the sign sammy, and if smart, he'd take it. if he has numbers like you mentioned, i'd guess he'd want to test the market, and possibly find a better situation for him. likely the rams will over pay now and take a chance on his health, which i question. it's not a terrible gamble, so for the rams i think it's worth it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rams could be in a tough spot. they need to come up with a reasonable contract soon the sign sammy, and if smart, he'd take it. if he has numbers like you mentioned, i'd guess he'd want to test the market, and possibly find a better situation for him. likely the rams will over pay now and take a chance on his health, which i question. it's not a terrible gamble, so for the rams i think it's worth it.

As long as Watkins stays healthy, plays 14/16 games at minimum I see the Rams doing whatever they have to do to keep him. Regardless of his stats. Bringing in Watkins for the Rams is more about finding out what they have in Goff. Very good chance that next year they will be picking somewhere where they have the choice of sticking with Goff or going a different route at QB. Watkins helps them evaluate Goff if he can stay on the field.

He started some games while injured and just played decoy.

There were like 2 games that he left by halftime with injury. One I think was against Miami where he twisted his ankle catching a TD pass. I forgot the other but I remember he left by halftime.

There were like 2 games that he left by halftime with injury. One I think was against Miami where he twisted his ankle catching a TD pass. I forgot the other but I remember he left by halftime.

The ankle twisting TD was against the Bengals and yeah that was just before the half and he didn't return. The other games was Miami as you correctly said. There he caught a 30 or 40 yard pass and pulled up with a strained calf muscle.

The ankle twisting TD was against the Bengals and yeah that was just before the half and he didn't return. The other games was Miami as you correctly said. There he caught a 30 or 40 yard pass and pulled up with a strained calf muscle.

Thanks for the corrections

i certainly agree that tyrod was a reason watkins never had huge numbers here, but in my opinion, you are down playing his injury history way too much. even with the rams he not going to put up huge numbers due to qb play. i liked your estimate of 1150 yrs and 10 tds as his ceiling, but i think we both agree he can do better with an established qb...as long as he healthy.

Why would he want to resign with the Rams? A true competitor would bet on themselves to have a good season. A good season for Sammy would open up the market for him. Shouldn't he want to sign with a contender? Just a theory of mine. Maybe the Rams shock us all by turning into a contender.

Why would he want to resign with the Rams? A true competitor would bet on themselves to have a good season. A good season for Sammy would open up the market for him. Shouldn't he want to sign with a contender? Just a theory of mine. Maybe the Rams shock us all by turning into a contender.

He won't have a choice if the Rams tag him. If he gets tagged he may decided to sign a long term contract with the Rams or just play under the tag. Many options really.

He won't have a choice if the Rams tag him. If he gets tagged he may decided to sign a long term contract with the Rams or just play under the tag. Many options really.

If he believed in himself and cares about winning he'd just play under the tag. If I'm Sammy my biggest drive is to get to a winning franchise. I'd just be considering the Rams a stop on the path.

CanadianDude

I am a Raiders fan and I can be critical of the players, coaches, team front office and general manager. WHO SAID YOU GOTTA LIKE EVERY CHOICE EVERY MOVE THEY MAKE. ITS MY CHOICE. DEAL WITH IT.

I here ya Joetoronto. When you make a thread and clearly take pleasure in the ridicule of our team it rubs me the wrong way. If that's how you get your rocks off fine, but what are you really trying to accomplish? Trolling can be fun I suppose but you have been relentless.

Take a break.

As always you can agree to disagree here but be prepared to take some heat if you stir the pot too much. We are just as free to give it back.

Edited by r00tabaga

So hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Fans here are conditioned to hate talented players and excuse the front office for incompetence when it comes to their contract status. Then theyll complain that they didn't pay the backup RB.

That is one of the more amusing things. So much venom for not signing Hogan here and yet they celebrate trading a legit #1 WR who is a rare talent for a scrub DB and a 2nd. This board is hysterically bonkers by all measures and has literally no consistency.

That is one of the more amusing things. So much venom for not signing Hogan here and yet they celebrate trading a legit #1 WR who is a rare talent for a scrub DB and a 2nd. This board is hysterically bonkers by all measures and has literally no consistency.

Scrub? He has had success in non-Wade Phillips schemes pre injury mind you. He just didn't fit their plans and is more in line with McBeane's ideal CB.

MY $0.02

Guys we are building for the future. In the future we will be a good team. That's how you win in the future. You give your best players for rookies.

How old is Watkins? We traded away what would have been one of the best parts of our future, for a second round pick. There's just no way of apologizing for the poor value, present or future, we got for him.

The Rams will win 5 games this year and Sammy will miss 8.

Thanks for the high second round pick LA and enjoy Jared Goff as well.

Based on Watkin's history, he is more likely to play 13+ than miss 8.

And why is Gaines not considered "injury prone" out by Week 4? He missed what 22 games to Sammys 13?

I don't believe in "injury prone", but the people lamenting Watkins injuries, shouldn't be praising the trade.

Watkins should have been shopped around if we were intent on trading him.

The Rams will win 5 games this year and Sammy will miss 8.

Thanks for the high second round pick LA and enjoy Jared Goff as well.

I dont know what the Rams record will be this year, but they have a lot more potential than you are giving them. They are loaded with offensive weapons right now, a stout D, and a young QB who showed some promise.

If Goff can be even average they will win more than 5 games. And your assessment that Sammy will for sure miss 8 games proves you have literally no understanding or knowledge about the injury Sammy actually had. So let me help you understand...its an injury that take a while to heal and very little can be done to expedite it. But once FULLY healed, its almost always stronger than it was before the injury and highly unlikely to reoccur. He came back to early last year and it set him back. Now its fully healed.

So, in a betting scenario, I would take the over on both your predictions every single time. Sammy wont miss anything close to 8 games this year and I think the Rams will finish with more than 5 wins. I mean they are being gifted 2 from the lowly Niners before the season even starts. However, as you alluded to in your post, it does depend on Goff (who you clearly think is a bust) and his ability to show he has a future as a starter in the NFL.

I can tell you being here in LA, I have liked what I have seen from Goff this offseason. No way to know if he remotely comes close to living up to his draft status, but the kid looks far from an after thought right now as many regard him as.

How old is Watkins? We traded away what would have been one of the best parts of our future, for a second round pick. There's just no way of apologizing for the poor value, present or future, we got for him.

No there isn't . The only way the Bills had to realize some of the cost paid to draft Sammy was to keep him for the next two years and he stays healthy / produces. If he does that, ( he's 24) a 2nd round pick is table scraps for an elite talent.