Rams' fan reaction to Sammy trade

If this trade was reversed, I'd be running running around my neighborhood naked screaming and high fiving everyone. We got a receiver with similar numbers in 3 years to Julio Jones who played with bad throwing qbs, in a high school run first offense! It would be amazing.

The Rams' GM was on his way to get fired. We just single handedly saved his job. The Bills are so nice.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrub? He has had success in non-Wade Phillips schemes pre injury mind you. He just didn't fit their plans and is more in line with McBeane's ideal CB.

MY $0.02

Where their 4th rated DB who has injury history leaves me skeptical of the value

If this trade was reversed, I'd be running running around my neighborhood naked screaming and high fiving everyone. We got a receiver with similar numbers in 3 years to Julio Jones who played with bad throwing qbs, in a high school run first offense! It would be amazing.

The Rams' GM was on his way to get fired. We just single handedly saved his job. The Bills are so nice.

EXACTLY

Where their 4th rated DB who has injury history leaves me skeptical of the value

EXACTLY

Here's what I find very interesting. Posters like you, Kirby, & Kelly are very positive and knowledge fans. You guys aren't the type to just bash the Bills for no reason like other people. But you guys also recognize that giving up top talent, especially a guy who's 24, normally doesn't work out well for you. We've done this with Peters, who we got a 1st rounder for. We did this with Lynch, who basically forced our hand so it is more understandable.

If I had to bet money, EJ Gaines and that 2nd round will never come close to the career Sammy will have. And always, I hope I'm wrong.

Here's what I find very interesting. Posters like you, Kirby, & Kelly are very positive and knowledge fans. You guys aren't the type to just bash the Bills for no reason like other people. But you guys also recognize that giving up top talent, especially a guy who's 24, normally doesn't work out well for you. We've done this with Peters, who we got a 1st rounder for. We did this with Lynch, who basically forced our hand so it is more understandable.

If I had to bet money, EJ Gaines and that 2nd round will never come close to the career Sammy will have. And always, I hope I'm wrong.

It's just bad business. I don't think there's a move that's been so universally disliked by the most intelligent posters on this board.

Taking on bets about how it works out....

It's just bad business. I don't think there's a move that's been so universally disliked by the most intelligent posters on this board.

Honestly, I hated the move but there are certain people here I really respect. If Billsvet bashed it, it's par for the course. Alpha, Kirby, & Kelly are very positive guys who try to see the bright side of Bills' moves.

The fact they aren't on this just makes me more sure it was a bad move.

And yet, the poll has this trade at a 2-1 approval rating. Oi.

Honestly, I hated the move but there are certain people here I really respect. If Billsvet bashed it, it's par for the course. Alpha, Kirby, & Kelly are very positive guys who try to see the bright side of Bills' moves.

The fact they aren't on this just makes me more sure it was a bad move.

Also Bill in NYC, Yolo, 26CB, Nosaint, and others. These are the posters I come on here to read, and learn.

Also Bill in NYC, Yolo, 26CB, Nosaint, and others. These are the posters I come on here to read, and learn.

The Rex Ryan hiring poll had a 7:1 approval rating.

We're in trouble.

Edited by jmc12290

Because, as I used to do, we are Bills fans and want them to be right. It sucks to think your team is a badly run franchise and is minor league compared to other teams.

There's also people who for whatever reason decided the don't like players like Gilmore and Watkins. They bash Gilmore and say he's not good & then the best franchise in sports gives him big money. They don't like Sammy and the Rams couldn't wait to trade for him.

Sammy and Gilmore have top 10 ability at their positions. Some folks need to pretend that's easy to find.

The Rex Ryan hiring poll had a 7:1 approval rating.

We're in trouble.

Mic drop

Hahaha 2-1 approval? You think 66% of the posters here are quality, rational, and logical? Try again.

Because, as I used to do, we are Bills fans and want them to be right. It sucks to think your team is a badly run franchise and is minor league compared to other teams.

There's also people who for whatever reason decided the don't like players like Gilmore and Watkins. They bash Gilmore and say he's not good & then the best franchise in sports gives him big money. They don't like Sammy and the Rams couldn't wait to trade for him.

Sammy and Gilmore have top 10 ability at their positions. Some folks need to pretend that's easy to find.

Mic drop

And they are also the same people who are always complaining we don't have enough talent here. People tend to over value draft picks compared to talent.

Hahaha 2-1 approval? You think 66% of the posters here are quality, rational, and logical? Try again.

You missed my point entirely. I am very much against this trade, and was fairly (and I will admit, naively) surprised by how many people were happy with it. Obviously, we have a lot of dopey posters. What still baffles me, though, are the justifications used that have so little to do with the actual event, or, indeed, reality.

Watkins/Woods were on this team together, what did they accomplish? I'm not saying neither is talented, both are but i think as fans we over value players, Watkins can be on an elite level but will he ever be? Now he has Goff throwing to him, unless that guy is a totally different mindset this season, Sammy will be tweeting about "getting him" the ball.

We traded an outstanding talent who is now healthy for a damaged undersized and slow CB and a 2nd round draft choice. Yeah we deserve the laughter directed towards us from LA and elsewhere. Hate the trade tremendously. This is a loser move make no mistake.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

We traded an outstanding talent who is now healthy for a damaged undersized and slow CB and a 2nd round draft choice. Yeah we deserve the laughter directed towards us from LA and elsewhere. Hate the trade tremendously. This is a loser move make no mistake.Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

We have no idea if Sammy is healthy, also at least we traded him to LA. Those Rams fans who are laughing in LA could all car pool together in the same Tesla car.

ESPN said we got a good deal for both trades. Who said Sammy is healthy?? Give it time and we will see. Nobody knows for sure. Have a great day. Sept 10th is almost here.

Most non biased parties say that it wasn't a terrible trade for us. Reading this board you'd assume that everyone is saying it's terrible trade of historic proportions.

They failed to mention if he does stay healthy he will be receiving a huge pay day, fairly large chance he may not be on the roster net year and they're down a 2nd round pick

A talent like Watkins doesn't come along every day, and there will be some risk involved or he wouldn't be available . The other team felt it was worth it for sure at a 2nd round pick. The Bills could have kept him and risked nothing as they already drafted him. This was a no brainer for the Rams, and a no brainer that the Bills should have kept their asset unless a much greater return was offered.

ESPN said we got a good deal for both trades. Who said Sammy is healthy?? Give it time and we will see. Nobody knows for sure. Have a great day. Sept 10th is almost here.

We have no idea if Sammy is healthy, also at least we traded him to LA. Those Rams fans who are laughing in LA could all car pool together in the same Tesla car.

Most non biased parties say that it wasn't a terrible trade for us. Reading this board you'd assume that everyone is saying it's terrible trade of historic proportions.

He's been full speed at SJF for the entire training camp.

Players that aren't healthy fail physicals and trades are nullified. The NFL isn't a third world country. They have doctors. ESPN also says that Colin Kaepernick should be on an NFL team and he isn't due to racism.

Edited by Boatdrinks