The Plan (Kirk Cousins)

SectionC3

Barkley would have been a number one pick if he didn't stay too long. Even Darnold runs that risk. Injuries are always a concern as well. I'm not saying that you're incorrect, I just think that it wouldn't be in his best interest to stay.

Barkley was NEVER GOING #1.

Pundits can say anything they want... their pundits

He got drafted right where he belonged... no nfl scout had a 1st round grade in Barkley. That was all combine talk.

No QB 6'2 or shorter has been drafted 1st overall in a long long time

Last was Vick I believe who is in a class of super athlete by himself

Edited by Buffalo716

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scout, Draft and develop your Own QB. Teams do not let top end QBs go in UFA.

Why is it Bills fans always want to pay big money to AVG

Because that is the nature of the Small Market Team The only way they can entice someone to play for you is

a) Promising a Starting Job to a backup

B) Paying the highest salary at a position to a player who is not a top-3

Unless the small market team can hit it with their own draft picks they will always struggle. Small market teams have been good when their drafts worked out, our own beloved Bills included.

Everybody who hopped on the trade Ragland train is missing one thing...

If he really is that bad that we have to trade him, nobody is going to give us anything of value for him

Especially not a mid round pick

If he's shipped out it will be for a 6th or 7th and I'd rather just have the depth

A big concern with Ragland is that he's a 3-4 ILB, not a 4-3 LB. He could legitimately have mid round pick value to a 3-4 team in need of a downhill, thumping ILB.

A big concern with Ragland is that he's a 3-4 ILB, not a 4-3 LB. He could legitimately have mid round pick value to a 3-4 team in need of a downhill, thumping ILB.

I also don't see Ragland excelling in a 4-3, he doesn't have the coverage ability that is needed to play the position. To me he is a faster version of B Spikes so he will only be playing in obvious run situations.

Section -

I like what you're saying. Makes sense to me.

My only addition would be if the Bills don't get a free agent qb and don't get a qb in the draft, I think the Bills will trade some of their 2018 picks to reposition for 2019 draft.

I actually see that as a possibility. I also see everyone focusing on 2 names or so at QB. Franchise QB's have been found lower than the top 3 picks. We just need a staff that can scout QB's worth a damn and I THINK we finally have one.

Edited by KellyToughII

Barkley would have been a number one pick if he didn't stay too long. Even Darnold runs that risk. Injuries are always a concern as well. I'm not saying that you're incorrect, I just think that it wouldn't be in his best interest to stay.

Barkley filed for evaluation by the NFL's draft advisory board before deciding to return. He obviously didn't receive a grade he liked.

QB's are the hardest to predict.

Barkley filed for evaluation by the NFL's draft advisory board before deciding to return. He obviously didn't receive a grade he liked.

QB's are the hardest to predict.

I will admit that I'm not a Matt Barkley expert, so some of my details could be off. I just know that he could have entered the draft following a great college football season. Instead he entered the draft after a poor season. Teams are desperate for QB's these days. It's possible imo that someone might have reached early for him coming off a good season. He opted to stay in school which exposed all of his flaws. Injuries happen as well. I'm just going to say that if I were Darnold I'd enter the draft after this season. Far too many things can happen if he stays in school.