Beane & McD Press Conferences

Right, I said that earlier. They may just be waiting out Brady.

Have you heard of Lebron James? LBJ is a more dominant player than Brady. That said Golden State didn't wait for Lebron to decline. They drafted well. Then they went out and found a coach who suited their players and brought a scheme that made them superstars. BEFORE Steve Kerr, Curry, Green and Thompson weren't considered all-pro nor elite.

Now look at them with Kerr. And they got to be good enough to contend with Lebron and beat him. They built a team culture that was appealing for many players. That's how they attracted Kevin Durant. Now they have gone from being the dumpster fire of NBA to its ELITE team.

So no, you don't get better by trading away your ELITE young talent for average talents.

This is a great point. If you going to trade Sammy, why not create a bidding war? Every team in the NFL would be interested. You could have beat this deal.

I will say props to McBeane. This is the fastest my enthusiasm has been killed for a Bills season!

I'm with you.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you heard of Lebron James? LBJ is a more dominant player than Brady. That said Golden State didn't wait for Lebron to decline. They drafted well. Then they went out and found a coach who suited their players and brought a scheme that made them superstars. BEFORE Steve Kerr, Curry, Green and Thompson weren't considered all-pro nor elite.

Now look at them with Kerr. And they got to be good enough to contend with Lebron and beat him. They built a team culture that was appealing for many players. That's how they attracted Kevin Durant. Now they have gone from being the dumpster fire of NBA to its ELITE team.

So no, you don't get better by trading away your ELITE young talent for average talents.

What are you talking about? Golden State isn't in Cleveland's DIVISION

....Their still going to beat the Jets in the opener.

We are going to beat the Jets and the Dolphins twice. That's 4 wins right there. The people who think we won't get 4 more are silly. I'm thinking 7-9 or 9-7 depending on the swing of a couple games in the last minutes.

Holy... folks there is something called a franchise tag. Stop with the sammy would have walked at the end of the year.

If Sammy played well, we could have tagged him and worked towards a long term deal. If at that point it still doesn't appear to be working, at least his value will be higher and you could have gotten more.

That's what bothers me about the Watkins trade. They maybe made the move too soon.

The Bills might have moved on from Sammy Watkins too soon, but I think that they (Beane and McD) have a concept of a football team structure that in no way involves a future high priced, injury prone WR at the top of the teams payroll. It makes no sense to the team. As far as being a fan goes this trade sucks. It takes the big play hope that we as fans enjoy watching. The trade effects the team on the field by allowing the defense to move up closer to the line of scrimmage making Lesean's job much more difficult. My other concern is how it effects the team as far as the quality and quantity of the roster. We keep trading up in the draft for players that end up leaving for little or nowhere near the return we gave up for them. This dates back to the Rob Johnson qb trade with Jacskonville, Bledsoe deal, Jp Losman deal and so on. It effects the team so much by having to rely on late rd picks and free agent signings to replace the 1st and 2nd rd picks we give up to move up in the draft or trade for the player. I cannot believe that we could not get a first round pick back for Sammy. It is no doubt damn frustrating being a Buffalo Bills football fan most of the time...

Really? Let's compare Mathews and Watkins three years in the league....

Yes, lets compare the numbers

Watkins

G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD

37 37 276 153 2459 16.1 17

Matthews

G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD

46 36 346 225 2673 11.9 19

So Matthews has been in 9 more games, Sammy has started one extra game. Matthews has 70 more targets than Sammy, 72 more receptions, and yet only has 214 yards in additional yardage and 2 additional touchdowns. I don't have to look very hard to see that Sammy is the more efficient player. Sammy also gains 4.2 more yards per reception than Matthews. So yeah, lets look at those numbers... We just traded for a more inefficient WR that also happens to be a FA at the end of the year. Good job at those numbers.

Edited by bouds

Anyone who tries to compare Watkins and Matthews knows nothing Jon Snow. Matthews most likely has reached his ceiling. If he stays healthy, Sammy is a 1,500 yard wr.

Sammy is a player who can't stay on the field, that's what Sammy is...

Yes, lets compare the numbers

Watkins

G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD

37 37 276 153 2459 16.1 17

Matthews

G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD

46 36 346 225 2673 11.9 19

I mean honestly, while Sammy may be the hands down better player -- Matthews has the better stats over the same years in totality. Which means that Sammy hasn't been living up to our best expectations for the past 3 years.... maybe he will blossom into that guy, who knows, but getting matthews to replace him isn't terrible.

Edited by BillsFan692

But again you said a plan. In your scenario Beane is sitting here with a sick cow that won't produce milk and not doing anything to rectify the situation. (Not that I agree at all that Watkins "won't ever produce like he used to". That is utter nonsense. :lol:

"udder" nonsense, my friend

lol you guys are ridiculous....Sammy was like a Ferrari...fast and shiny and always in the shop. Great moves.

I agree about us being ridiculous.

Enzo's Ferraris are high wound Race ponies and need expensive maintenance much too often. But mechanical failure? Not so much

Watkins likely soured here after Rex and now with the new regime. Best for all