Beane & McD Press Conferences

Tearing down the rest of it? Like TT or Shady are here for the long term? Shady will be to old by the time the draft picks are ready contribute assuming they use them all and hit on an even percentage come 18'

As I said in another thread the difference between winning 3 games and 7 will give you about 10 draft slots per round and that's worth more than the trades you made today. So why not trade away TT and Shady who will push you closer to 7 wins?

Yeah the crowning move will be putting Yates at QB.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's absolutely true. You could make arguments either way for whether we got better on the field or worse. Except one of them would be a very good argument and one of them a very bad argument.

Love it.

It is highly likely the Bills will add a third round comp pick, too, giving them seven picks in the top 100 of what is shaping up to be a pretty good draft. My hope is that they keep all those picks and do not squander them in a trade up.

Oh I so excited! I can't wait until April!

Anyone who tries to compare Watkins and Matthews knows nothing Jon Snow. Matthews most likely has reached his ceiling. If he stays healthy, Sammy is a 1,500 yard wr.

EXACTLY. If Sammy is given a half decent QB who can throw, I bet you he gets 1600 yards every season, double-teamed and all.

Right but you said a plan. If Beane wasn't approached he wouldn't have traded Watkins. So he was ok with letting Sammy play and then letting him go for free? If you know you aren't signing him next year, then why wasn't he shopping him?

Let's say you're a farmer. You have a cow you know is sick and probably never going to produce milk like she used to. You can't afford to replace her, but you realize she's got maybe one year of udder function left before you have to put her down. Then, to your surprise, your neighbor brings you a steer you can slaughter, a bag of money, and takes your cow off your hands. it wasn't what you expected, but now you're in shape to buy two more cows. and, since growing your herd is your goal wouldn't you take that deal?

Edited by joesixpack

They obviously had no intention of keeping sammy here after this year. If they did, they wouldn't have taken the deal.

It's not really that hard. Their plan in total, is to stock up on picks for next year. Also obvious.

Now they need to complete the job. Ship Tyrod to cleveland, Shady wherever.

You and I are really seeing eye to eye on this. I agree. Shady and TT should go along with Ragland. Let Peterman start and develop.

Let's say your a farmer. You have a cow you know is sick and probably never going to produce milk like she used to. You can't afford to replace her, but you realize she's got maybe one year of udder function left before you have to put her down. Then, to your surprise, your neighbor brings you a steer you can slaughter, a bag of money, and takes your cow off your hands. it wasn't your plan initially, but now you're in shape to buy two more cows. wouldn't you take that deal?

Wow. Just wow. I thought you were a hick before but dernit, Gus. ;)

Let's say you're a farmer. You have a cow you know is sick and probably never going to produce milk like she used to. You can't afford to replace her, but you realize she's got maybe one year of udder function left before you have to put her down. Then, to your surprise, your neighbor brings you a steer you can slaughter, a bag of money, and takes your cow off your hands. it wasn't what you expected, but now you're in shape to buy two more cows. and, since growing your herd is your goal wouldn't you take that deal?

But again you said a plan. In your scenario Beane is sitting here with a sick cow that won't produce milk and not doing anything to rectify the situation. (Not that I agree at all that Watkins "won't ever produce like he used to". That is utter nonsense. :lol:

Edited by What a Tuel

Wtf?

Holy... folks there is something called a franchise tag. Stop with the sammy would have walked at the end of the year.

If Sammy played well, we could have tagged him and worked towards a long term deal. If at that point it still doesn't appear to be working, at least his value will be higher and you could have gotten more.

That's what bothers me about the Watkins trade. They maybe made the move too soon.

But again you said a plan. In your scenario Beane is sitting here with a sick cow that won't produce milk and not doing anything to rectify the situation. (Not that I agree at all that Watkins "won't ever produce like he used to". That is utter nonsense. :lol:

See the "you can't afford to replace her."

:rolleyes:

The Rams bailed the Bills out AND advanced their plan with the trade.

See the "you can't afford to replace her."

:rolleyes:

The Rams bailed the Bills out AND advanced their plan with the trade.

Haha. The Bills might have saved Goff's career for the price of EJ Gaines' 2 INTs and a 2nd round. But top 5 WRs are so easy to find. Maybe we can bring back TO.