Beane & McD Press Conferences

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy... folks there is something called a franchise tag. Stop with the sammy would have walked at the end of the year.

If Sammy played well, we could have tagged him and worked towards a long term deal. If at that point it still doesn't appear to be working, at least his value will be higher and you could have gotten more.

That's what bothers me about the Watkins trade. They maybe made the move too soon.

Or if his Foot blows up (you know our Drs know more about that that anyone)

They made it early didnt they?

That's how I heard it too. He sounded really down just base off of tone. In addition, things like:

Q: "Were on initially onboard or did you have to be convinced about this trade?"  A: "Well, I'm always going to listen when presented with options..."

That being said, it shows a bit of weakness in his leadership. How is he supposed to make the team feel good about the moves if he talks like his high school sweetheart just slept with his best friend?

9-7 with EJ and Orton and the #4 defense. Whaley didn't get to hire Rex and everything feel apart. Under his tenure, Whaley had a top 10 offense and defense and never got to pick a head coach.

We now have a coach who picked his GM.

Never thought of that. Good point.

So you are saying Beane couldn't have shopped Sammy because there would be no takers? Come on!

This is a great point. If you going to trade Sammy, why not create a bidding war? Every team in the NFL would be interested. You could have beat this deal.

I will say props to McBeane. This is the fastest my enthusiasm has been killed for a Bills season!

I was shocked by this at first, but now coming around on it. You get a 2nd round pick for someone who was going to leave anyway and you get a 3rd in exchange for a decent CB. I think they did very well, but the vets on the team will not be happy. Probably best to move the rest and enjoy watching the kids lose a lot of games this season. The brilliance of this is that by the time our new team is ready, Brady will be retired. The FO probably saw a couple more years of pointless fighting the Pats w/o enough talent.

Let's say you're a farmer. You have a cow you know is sick and probably never going to produce milk like she used to. You can't afford to replace her, but you realize she's got maybe one year of udder function left before you have to put her down. Then, to your surprise, your neighbor brings you a steer you can slaughter, a bag of money, and takes your cow off your hands. it wasn't what you expected, but now you're in shape to buy two more cows. and, since growing your herd is your goal wouldn't you take that deal?

Da fuq?!? :huh:

:lol:

You're loving this. I'm sure your glee is severely misplaced. Trading away a season in the hopes of maybe getting a qb next year if we're the worst of the worst, which we won't be. So what do we get with our 8th and 16th overall? A trade down to 2 for a WR or a LT or a LB? Still a huge question mark at qb. Or do we take another chance on another project qb only to realize that he's not a fit, so everyone can look back on this trade in two years and say it was a mistake? What a reason to rejoice.

IM not exactly convinced they are trading away a season...They traded Sammy who hasnt been able to stay healthy what so ever, while being a great player The decent WR they added may be more beneficial then Watkins just for the fact he is more likely to play. Darby and Gaines are about a wash, they both had good rookie seasons followed by nothingness. Also everyone and there brother knows this isnt a superbowl team, there is very little chance we are able to keep watkins after this year without paying him big$$$ so maybe netting a second round pick while they can was the right move. Or maybe it is just more of rinse wash and repeat at one bills drive

Edited by BILLriant

I was shocked by this at first, but now coming around on it. You get a 2nd round pick for someone who was going to leave anyway and you get a 3rd in exchange for a decent CB. I think they did very well, but the vets on the team will not be happy. Probably best to move the rest and enjoy watching the kids lose a lot of games this season. The brilliance of this is that by the time our new team is ready, Brady will be retired. The FO probably saw a couple more years of pointless fighting the Pats w/o enough talent.

Right, I said that earlier. They may just be waiting out Brady.

You're dumb. Their vision is building through the draft by getting as many picks as possible, potentially to move up in what looks like one of the best QB drafts ever. How can't you see this?

So I guess we are cutting 4 to get 2 comp picks?

It is highly likely the Bills will add a third round comp pick, too, giving them seven picks in the top 100 of what is shaping up to be a pretty good draft. My hope is that they keep all those picks and do not squander them in a trade up.

Which is why it makes sense to continue to trade, get picks and lose games while getting the young talent experience

This is a great point. If you going to trade Sammy, why not create a bidding war? Every team in the NFL would be interested. You could have beat this deal.

I will say props to McBeane. This is the fastest my enthusiasm has been killed for a Bills season!

Hiring Jerkron as HC didn't work for you

What do you mean. This was good value for a WR that hasnt lived up to his billing and cant stay healthy. And yes i like Watkins alot.

However the medical team knows more about that foot than anyone else.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard " There is a reason they coach in the NFL" or something akin.

They see this kid year in and out.

They know what a dependable player looks like.

They also know what the talk in the locker room is.

Edited by Buffalo Boy