GDT: Preseason Game 1 - Vikings vs. Bills at 7 PM ET

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loaded with anticipation Mark,

Now If I could just figure out a way to share some with Tyrod...

LOL. I did a double-take. Didn't know you had that kind of funny in you, Fig. Nicely done.

Edited by Dr. Who

Most anticipating:

1. Sammy to Tyrod........want to see them start connecting early

2. Logan Thomas........hope he plays a lot

3. Yarbrough........need at least a third pass rusher from the DE spot in this defense

4. Safety play.......been a killer in recent seasons and with a whole new cast I look forward to seeing what they can do

Anquan Boldin on joining #Bills: "That's the reason I'm here, to try to win the championship. Nothing else." http://bit.ly/2vmJ3GT

....guy has immediately cast himself into a leadership and mentoring role......damn good signing IMO..............

The veteran receiver agreed to the deal Monday and was on the field for practice Tuesday. He looked like his typical self – the guy who has excelled in the league for 15 years.

Right after practice, he got the whole receiver group together for a little talk, which was well-received.

"Phenomenal player, in my opinion going to be a Hall-of-Fame player, so having someone like that, everything," said Jones, a rookie from East Carolina. "Soak up everything.

"He just told us you’re not always going to feel the best in training camp, you’re going to be sore sometimes, you have to press through, and truly carry yourself like a professional. This is just day one with him, so fortunate to have someone like that.​"

It also means taking on a leadership role in being an on- and off-field mentor for Buffalo's young crop of receivers such as Jones and Sammy Watkins.

"Hopefully, I can help him take his game to the next level," Boldin said, referring to Watkins, whose first three seasons have been sidetracked by injuries .

"But honestly that all depends on him," Boldin added. "The only thing I can do is share my experiences and give him advice about different things I've been through."

....guy has immediately cast himself into a leadership and mentoring role......damn good signing IMO..............

The veteran receiver agreed to the deal Monday and was on the field for practice Tuesday. He looked like his typical self – the guy who has excelled in the league for 15 years.

Right after practice, he got the whole receiver group together for a little talk, which was well-received.

"Phenomenal player, in my opinion going to be a Hall-of-Fame player, so having someone like that, everything," said Jones, a rookie from East Carolina. "Soak up everything.

"He just told us you’re not always going to feel the best in training camp, you’re going to be sore sometimes, you have to press through, and truly carry yourself like a professional. This is just day one with him, so fortunate to have someone like that.​"

It also means taking on a leadership role in being an on- and off-field mentor for Buffalo's young crop of receivers such as Jones and Sammy Watkins.

"Hopefully, I can help him take his game to the next level," Boldin said, referring to Watkins, whose first three seasons have been sidetracked by injuries .

"But honestly that all depends on him," Boldin added. "The only thing I can do is share my experiences and give him advice about different things I've been through."

Boldin talking about everything I've been yapping about regarding taking Sammy's game to the next level.........music to my ears. :thumbsup: