Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

Gotta admit, I too, am excited to see him in action

Watch him in camp.

You REALLY want ugly, try this : Suppose Taylor has a season that's very good - maybe even extremely good - but still short of spectacular. Heck, let's say it coincides with ten wins and a WC.

Then we're all back at it next year trying to decide what to do with those first-rounders. You think the Great Tyrod Message Board War is bad now? Imagine what it would be like then.........

When someone started the "what do you fear most" thread, I said success, for exactly the reason you gave.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious as to what makes you say that. Ive read the opposite not that it means anything. If you could elaborate that would be great.

Well, the argument is that he played in an offense that didn't ask him to pass much. In fact, some people believe the offense was designed to take the ball out of Taylor's hands.

I think that's too si mm plastic for several reasons. First, last season he passed well in games over 30 attempts, so it isn't clear that Taylor struggles if he has to pass more.

Second, different offenses require different combinations of skills. As I've sai, i thinknthenwest coast offense may be better suited to Taylor's game.

I guess if a QB touches the ball more than an RB, you believe they had more of an impact on the offense?

I think that's kind of a narrow-minded argument. Just IMO.

Especially when it's argued consistently how much of an impact TT has when he's not touching the ball. Just seems a little unbalanced.

It's pretty simple for me when someone asks who is most responsible. Who was asked to do the most? Who contributed the most?

When the answer to both is the same person then there is no question that person is most responsible, in my opinion.

It is also consistently argued that passing should be easy because of our run game, for what it's worth. I think Shady provides very similar benefits to Tyrod when it comes to stuff that isn't on the stat sheet. Both players require attention from the defense, even when it doesn't immediately appear that they are getting the ball that play.

It's pretty simple for me when someone asks who is most responsible. Who was asked to do the most? Who contributed the most?

When the answer to both is the same person then there is no question that person is most responsible, in my opinion.

It is also consistently argued that passing should be easy because of our run game, for what it's worth. I think Shady provides very similar benefits to Tyrod when it comes to stuff that isn't on the stat sheet. Both players require attention from the defense, even when it doesn't immediately appear that they are getting the ball that play.

I just can't wrap my head around it. I can't believe you think Scott Mitchell had more of an impact than Barry Sanders on the Lions 97 because he had more attempts.

Respectfully, I think that's crazy. I think if we had an Average Wins Added stat that replaces a player with an average player at their position, Barry would've had a 9 and Mitchell a 1. Likewise, I think on the Bills, it would've been Shady with a 5 and Tyrod with a 2.

Which qb's helped him in 2011,2013, and 2014 ?

Michael Vick. Again, look it up yourself before you run headlong into an embarrassing comment.

Didnt know McCoy only played one year in the league. And wasnt elite until he got behind TT

You asked what McCoy's stats were when he was with Kolb. Since you don't do any actual research yourself, I decided to answer your question. Don't get upset when it blows up in your face.

And McCoy has always been elite. That doesn't mean he can't benefit more from the scheme he's playing in or the players around him.

Also, your silence regarding the second part of my post speaks volumes.

Edited by MPT

And he is still the best option for us this year.

All this is known... But there was nobody who was worth bringing in this year that would of been much if any better

Michael Vick. Again, look it up yourself before you run headlong into an embarrassing comment.

You asked what McCoy's stats were when he was with Kolb. Since you don't do any actual research yourself, I decided to answer your question. Don't get upset when it blows up in your face.

And McCoy has always been elite. That doesn't mean he can't benefit more from the scheme he's playing in or the players around him.

Also, your silence regarding the second part of my post speaks volumes.

To be honest i didnt read your second part.

But now that i have thanks for making the point Bills win when they dont have to depend on their QB to win. And they lose when they do. Thanks already knew that. But good to have someone show it

Edited by MAJBobby

Only thing that's embarrassing is your omission of Mark Sanchez and Nick Foles.

Womp womp womp. How embarrassing.

Offseason of CoT embellishment rolls along

Edited by Maury Ballstein

And again.... please show me the people in this thread describing Tyrod Taylor as horrible? It easy to knock down the straw man because he clearly isn't horrible. The problem is nobody is saying he is.

He is bad at doing some of the basic things but good at doing the extraordinary. Fun to watch sometimes, hair pulling frustrating other times, hard for a guy like him to consistently make plays and keep the team in the game against elite offenses. I don't see that changing unless the Bills morph into a top 5 D.

He is bad at doing some of the basic things but good at doing the extraordinary. Fun to watch sometimes, hair pulling frustrating other times, hard for a guy like him to consistently make plays and keep the team in the game against elite offenses. I don't see that changing unless the Bills morph into a top 5 D.

How about if the D could simply improve on their scoring allowed stat (22nd last year) and their takeaways (23rd last year)? They gave up 30 points or more in six games. The Bills' O was 3rd in the league in giveaways and 10th in scoring. The Bills' D in 2014 was 4th in scoring defense and 6th in takeaways. Somewhere in the middle for the defense would benefit this team greatly.

Let's face it, when Rex was hired he was gonna make the D into a "bully". You couple a real bully (the Bills' 2014 defense) with the 2015 and '16 offenses and the playoffs would likely have been the result.

Edited by Bills757