Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Foles' mobility unleashed Shady in 2013 when he was the NFL's leading rusher.

What does that have to do with anything? McCoy is an elite talent who will be good no matter who the QB is. A running QB will always make the run offense even better. That is basic football. A running QB has to be accounted for.

What does that have to do with anything? McCoy is an elite talent who will be good no matter who the QB is. A running QB will always make the run offense even better. That is basic football. A running QB has to be accounted for.

This is what I was referring to. We agree.

I think it's somewhat overstated how much TT contributed to McCoy's game. That's JMO.

It's not just McCoys game. There are other RBs on the roster also. Look what happened when EJ started the Jets game. I know the team gave up, but it still showed quite a difference.

Oh damn it I wanted to stay out of this quagmire

You REALLY want ugly, try this : Suppose Taylor has a season that's very good - maybe even extremely good - but still short of spectacular. Heck, let's say it coincides with ten wins and a WC.

Then we're all back at it next year trying to decide what to do with those first-rounders. You think the Great Tyrod Message Board War is bad now? Imagine what it would be like then.........

Will you ever stop using EJ as an excuse for TT''s faults?????

Number one-what???? Number two-what???????? How is EJ being terrible have anything to do with TT faults? And will your group ever give TT credit for anything, or is he just the worse QB ever to put on an NFL uniform.

Boldin just said on the news that TT is light years ahead of where he was in Baltimore. But what does he know.

Edited by JM2009

It's not just McCoys game. There are other RBs on the roster also. Look what happened when EJ started the Jets game. I know the team gave up, but it still showed quite a difference.

If you knew that, it wouldn't have shown much of a difference.

Shady had one of his best games in 2015 with EJ under center. I kid you not.

I think it's somewhat overstated how much TT contributed to McCoy's game. That's JMO.

I think you are correct to an extant. McCoy is going to be McCoy no matter what. Although he does have bad games too. TT does add to the rushing game overall. He also holds a defender on most plays. They do have to account for him on every down. Gillislee had career year here. Tyrod is a part of that. He might not be a huge part of it but whether you want to admit it or not he takes a defender out of the play because they have to account for him.

I think its somewhat overstated how bad Tyrod is. He isn't great. He needs to be better or we need to find better. We could however do a lot worse and some of the hyperbole around about how bad he is pretty ridiculous. The kid does deserve some credit. Half the QBs in the league wouldn't fair very well having Woods, Hunter, and Walt Powell as their starting receivers for half the year.

I think you are correct to an extant. McCoy is going to be McCoy no matter what. Although he does have bad games too. TT does add to the rushing game overall. He also holds a defender on most plays. They do have to account for him on every down. Gillislee had career year here. Tyrod is a part of that. He might not be a huge part of it but whether you want to admit it or not he takes a defender out of the play because they have to account for him.

I think its somewhat overstated how bad Tyrod is. He isn't great. He needs to be better or we need to find better. We could however do a lot worse and some of the hyperbole around about how bad he is pretty ridiculous. The kid does deserve some credit. Half the QBs in the league wouldn't fair very well having Woods, Hunter, and Walt Powell as their starting receivers for half the year.

I agree. I think TT helps the run game. I think he's touted as the reason our run game was so good. I think Roman's scheme and Shady being Shady contributed more.

From 6 starts together (I didn't count the 7th because Kolb was injured after ten attempts and Vick took over):

McCoy 96 rush 370 yards 2 TD

Not nearly as good as with TT. Maybe next time you should actually do some research yourself.

Considering the anti-Tyrod contingent has put zero effort into coming up with their own data to support their arguments, I'll assume you selectively remembered that statistic from my post that detailed the following:

Defense ppg in wins 14.1

Defense ppg in losses 31.1

Offense ppg in wins 28.7

Offense ppg in losses 23.5

And that includes the shutout of New England, which doesn't even come close to happening if Tom Brady is playing (the Patriots scored 41 the next time we played them... in Buffalo)

Claiming the defense was responsible for our wins and the offense was responsible for our losses is comical. You brought up the ppg stat, so take a look at the numbers you conveniently omitted. Then try and make that claim again with a straight face.

Here's something else to think about:

Tyrod in wins:

114/184 1174YDS 7TD 2INT

326YDS 2TD rushing

Tyrod in losses:

152/255 1849YDS 10TD 4INT

254YDS 5TD rushing

An astute observer might notice that he actually performed more like a "franchise QB" in tougher games, while the defense performed more like a "melted slice of Swiss cheese."

And before anyone tries to explain it away with a "garbage time" excuse, I'll just point out that the only game that could possibly be considered a garbage time situation is one in which the opposing running back broke a franchise record for rushing yards and set the single-game high for the season. And that game hardly helped out Tyrod's stats.

Obviously Tyrod needs to improve his anticipation and timing. Not only has no one ever claimed he didn't, but the people who actually support our starting QB constantly have to remind the anti-Tyrod fringe that no one is claiming that. And yet, we still get the jokers who insist there is a clandestine conspiracy to proclaim him the perfect quarterback. I would submit that Tyrod's supporters actually know his weaknesses better than his haters, simply due to the fact that they choose to be informed.

Didnt know McCoy only played one year in the league. And wasnt elite until he got behind TT

Watch New England's offense and realize it is predicated on short throws and winning one on one matchups. I think some on here think that every QB needs to be making Aaron Rodgers level throws into space, and there are only 3-5 guys who can do that in the league with consistency & Tom Brady ain't one of them, and yet he wins.

You REALLY want ugly, try this : Suppose Taylor has a season that's very good - maybe even extremely good - but still short of spectacular. Heck, let's say it coincides with ten wins and a WC.

Then we're all back at it next year trying to decide what to do with those first-rounders. You think the Great Tyrod Message Board War is bad now? Imagine what it would be like then.........

No I think they still have to plan to draft a QB for the future just as KC moved up for mahomes. You keep your effective guy until you find your all star. Then ideally let him ride some pine a year or 2

I see a career backup QB in Peterman.

He should be happy if he develops into a Matt Moore.

@BuffRumblings

According to the #Bills OC, the team has two solid backups behind Tyrod.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/8/16107730/buffalo-bills-rick-dennison-compares-nate-peterman-to-tj-yates-rick-dennison

I think Matt Moore is pretty decent , so...