Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

Wrong never added anything about TT in any thread that didnt need it. But cant talk WRs and TE without talking QB.

Cant talk defense being on the field so mich wothout talking QB and 3 and outs.

Sweet Jesus, Bobby, get a grip.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will have to wait and see, but it does not bode well. Three OC and all have asked for more anticipatory throws.

I know Denison thinks it can be taught, but we are talking about 6 full years as a pro and 2 full years as a starter with OC and head coaches harping on that.

As I said in the other TT thread - you can see this at camp - he has been inconsistent, but when he is completing a lot of passes - they seem to be wide to wide open WRs. You can see him looking more, but the progression seems to be toward the outside as much as anything.

We will have to see.

We will have to wait and see, but it does not bode well. Three OC and all have asked for more anticipatory throws.

I know Denison thinks it can be taught, but we are talking about 6 full years as a pro and 2 full years as a starter with OC and head coaches harping on that.

As I said in the other TT thread - you can see this at camp - he has been inconsistent, but when he is completing a lot of passes - they seem to be wide to wide open WRs. You can see him looking more, but the progression seems to be toward the outside as much as anything.

We will have to see.

I have alot of respect for Taylor, and I think it's great that he's working as hard as he can to get better.

With that said, I disagree with Dennison that it can be learned. Maybe if you were never asked to do it, but not something you have worked on and have never done well with. This is one of those you either have it or you don't things IMO, and TT just doesn't have these passing traits required to take his game to the next level.

the successful QB's HOF type guys do this well. The ones that don't might start for a few years and then end up being a bench warmer. Tyrod struggles with anticipation. his saving grace has been his legs. They get him out of trouble.

Wrong never added anything about TT in any thread that didnt need it. But cant talk WRs and TE without talking QB.

Cant talk defense being on the field so mich wothout talking QB and 3 and outs.

Good point. At the same time, you can't talk about our QBs win/loss record without talking about the defense giving up far more points than our above average offense scored.

We all know what Taylor needs to work on and improve. I doubt there's any drastic improvements anywhere, but I'll wait and see how he performs in an offense that better suits him. I agree with others; he is what he is, but he could be an improved/better version.

FWIW, that article leaves out Dennison's quote on how he believe that the anticipatory throws can be learned:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_oc_rick_dennison_wants_qb_tyrod_taylor_to_throw_with_anticipation.html

I believe there's a couple other versions of this quote more in context as well.

Don't know if Dennison CAN teach this, but perhaps all is not Doomed? :beer:

Throwing with anticipation is not rocket science. It's probably 90% confidence or lack thereof. Fear of int's is a direct result of a lack of confidence. The old adage that "practice makes perfect" is true because to a large extent lots of reps tend to give a QB that elusive confidence. Any QB at the NFL level has the ability to throw a WR open. The will to do it when he is tightly covered is another issue. We shall see with Tyrod.

Not sure why this is alarming or groundbreaking in any way.

At this point, I think everyone knows what Taylor brings to the table and what we are hoping he improves upon.

The Bills have also made it very clear to everyone what they think of Taylor, based on their refusal to give him a true long-term contract.

Get ready for me to point out his flaws again this year. And if that is called a crusade so be it.

But hey he had a meaningless TC drive and TD and acted like he won the SB so thats good i guess

Do it in every thread. Repeat as often as possible.

Good point. At the same time, you can't talk about our QBs win/loss record without talking about the defense giving up far more points than our above average offense scored.

We all know what Taylor needs to work on and improve. I doubt there's any drastic improvements anywhere, but I'll wait and see how he performs in an offense that better suits him. I agree with others; he is what he is, but he could be an improved/better version.

He just played the last 2 years in an offense that was best suited for him. This new offense isn't suited for him at all.