Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

please excuse a duplicate song post. But this clip left me with goosebumps. wowowow they weren't kidding. What a voice.

Edited by muppy

greetings. Today I found myself on a "cheesy" YouTube playlist. As soon as I saw it I knew which songs would be on that list. Most all of them I had never seen their official videos. This was one of those. I thought WTF? this song it's not cheesy at all lol

The merits of the song are secondary to the visual here for me too. WHOA IMO Great visual.  You can be the judge. Music is subjective. I found some on that list endearing and yes many annoying. lol Good morning TBD

Edited by muppy

20 hours ago, Gregg said:

as a huge fan of SRV I got to see this show. Best live billing ever. In what world is BB King or Buddy Guy for that matter a warmup act to anybody? When he is on a bill with Steve that's when.

A monstrous SRV show from one of his best tours. Super quality soundboard with raw feedback and growling amps as Stevie Ray channeled the great Jimi Hendrix powerfully and directly that night. As good as it gets for SRV.

0:00 Aint Gonna Give Up On Love

7:38 Pride And Joy

12:44 Voodoo Chile

24:04 Tin Pan Alley

37:29 Look At Little Sister

41:38 Texas Flood

50:34 Let the Good Times Roll

57:28 Little Wing

01:06:13 Third Stone From The Sun *

The first two songs of the set, Scuttle Buttin' and Soul To Soul are missing. June 19, 1985 Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison, Colorado Source: Soundboard - CD - EAC - WAV - Soundforge edited out some feedback spikes in the first song, and various pops. Some EQ to raise mid-high output. No other filtering. Tom P

Red Rocks Blues Festival. SRV, Buddy Guy, BB King, Vida Blue Bland

Edited by muppy

I just heard a song from Knopfler's new album.  Rather than a Youtube link I'll paste the lyrics.  The song is about a historical event (I knew nothing about it).  Like many of Knopfler's songs you could practically make a movie from it.  The movie The Founder was from a book but only because one of the writers or producers heard "Boom Like That" and decided it needed to be a movie.  There are quotes in the movie taken directly from the song.

I'm only posting the lyrics to this song because when I read the last two lines, it just blew me away with respect to what a talented songwriter he must be.  The song is called Tunnel 13

In the Siskiyou Mountains, the old railroad winds
Through the golds of the maples and the green of the pines
Up to Tunnel 13, the Southern she climbs
And three bandits waiting with evil in mind

The D'Autremont brothers had chosen their road
Chosen to live by a criminal code
Word was the mail car was loaded with gold
The brothers had heard it, or had maybe been told

They wanted no witnesses, that was a fact
The brothers were bent on a barbarous act
Gold there was none, only sadness and tears
And the law coming after them year after year

Three bandits, hearts filled with resentment and hate
Killed mail clerk Elvyn Daugherty, engineer Sydney Bates
With shotgun and pistols, they were panicking when
They killed brakeman Coyle Johnson and fireman Marvin Seng

Robbing and looting is as old as the hills
They're still jumping freight trains with crowbars and drills
A hundred years later in Downtown LA
They rob the Union Pacific damn near every day

Four good men lay murdered in the dogwoods and pines
Leaving widows and children and heartbreak behind
Tunnel 13 is the place in the song
Where the beautiful redwood for my guitar came from

Edited by OGTEleven
  • Like (+1) 2

Waiting for Columbus by Little Feet. 

incredible musicians and songs-the whole album. 

I have a friend who was basically a one hit wonder in the 70s who played with Little Feet for a while.  Said they were by far the most talented he had ever played with -but also amongst the craziest group.  He didn’t last long-outclassed on both fronts. 

and this guy is incredibly talented musically to this day. 

On 4/17/2024 at 7:35 PM, Behindenemylines said:

Waiting for Columbus by Little Feet. 

incredible musicians and songs-the whole album. 

I have a friend who was basically a one hit wonder in the 70s who played with Little Feet for a while.  Said they were by far the most talented he had ever played with -but also amongst the craziest group.  He didn’t last long-outclassed on both fronts. 

and this guy is incredibly talented musically to this day. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

very sweet voice. I just found this guy Reggies content on YouTube from the previous clip.  I was never a huge fan of Adele, These performances are winning me over to her. I can get stuck in my lithium alternative and grunge lane some times. this for me is just Fun new finds. 🙂