Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

HA. The first Dreams clip was found searching for This. It has come up in backstory how much I adore her Total babe,

and a mere bebe in this clip

Edited by muppy

On 4/20/2019 at 7:30 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

HA. If only he would take his own advice. From all I know and have read about senor Noel he is a total **** and I question his business ethics in regards to his music specifically. Spiteful vindictive and hard hearted. The trifecta of suck.

Among many people who know them (which is only a minority, admittedly), the Cardiacs have cult status. How do you hear about bands that are never played on radio or other public media (especially in the days before the internet)? In the 1980s, I went into a record store in Lubeck (Germany), without any specific intentions to buy anything. The store had about 8 headphones lined up, each playing a different LP/CD, for customers to sample the offerings. None of the first 6 I listened to piqued my interest, but number 7 blew me away. It was the Cardiacs' "Songs for Ships and Irons". The record offered everything, from songs at break-neck punk speeds with obscure lyrics to majestic sing-along hymns. Since then, I have been an ardent fan of the Cardiacs.

This is one of the last known A/V recording of one of their concerts, from 2003. Founder and front man Tim Smith (g, voc) had a stroke in 2008 from which he never really recovered. He died in 2020.

A live version of my favorite Cardiacs song, "Big Ship".

Edited by DrW
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Had this album on cassette, good stuff... they kind of sucked after this one though. 

• Like (+1) 1

I could easily do a series of Howard Stern  guest clips. He has had some amazing ones. This band was never in my wheelhouse musically . The reason I bring them up in they literally hate my sons ex band whose name was Cults. I don' blame them. It seems like too matchey matchey for me.  But he had nothing to do with that. Cults were a 2 person duo with signed live touring members.

• Like (+1) 1

HARRY STYLES. a major star who is all over celebrity social media. First time listen.

EDIT: I liked his vocals very much. Not bad young man. You wear your pearl necklace yo that's a ballsy move lol just sayin

Edited by muppy

Phantogram.  Wife and I saw them open for QOTSA in August 2023.

I totally missed the boat on this band.  It's gorgeous, like all of the outrageous "shoegaze" stuff that inspired me as a listener and a player in the 1980s and 1990s.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm sure I've shared this before, but I just found out that Dweezil is touring again and it's likely he'll play this so forgive me.

One of my guilty pleasures is Frank's extended guitar solos. Dweezil crushes this one imo:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I've got a new album out, give it a listen if you're feeling adventurous.

I don't have Spotify  but I found the youtube! Awesome mate!  Thanks for posting!

• Thank you (+1) 1