Astro-Notes: 8-3-17 Sixth Practice

Astrobot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I point to the second Miami game last season as when TT really did a great job moving defenders around; the first time, really, that he impressed me in that regard. And his eyes have a lot to do with that, obviously. So I'm thrilled to hear that a seasoned camp observer notices TT's improved ability in that area. That kind of command was the ONE aspect of his game I was hoping TT would carry into this season. Fingers crossed it continues. Thanks again, Astro.

Great to read Mills is starting to dominate. We may need him over on a the Left side..

Also, if nothing else, Peterman appears to be a lock to make the team. Hard counting is the only way whatzhidname ever saw the field except in emergencies or meaningless regular season finales after Houston.

Ranks Rastro!

It sounds like Peterman is having a really good camp and is likely edging Yates out for #2. Do you have the same assessment?

I guess we'll find out in a game....

That is what I was thinking as well....if Yates and Peterman are equal they will go with the youth

Sounds like the offense is starting to pick it up

I wonder if everyone realizes that 2 years ago this offense couldnt complete passes against air

That is what I was thinking as well....if Yates and Peterman are equal they will go with the youth

Sounds like the offense is starting to pick it up

I wonder if everyone realizes that 2 years ago this offense couldnt complete passes against air

We've really come a long way from the Legend of Kyle Orton®

of course the CFL probably had better offenses than that one.

Great to hear about Tyrod using his eyes, sounds like he had a better day than the last few practices

I don't know what it's like having 300# defenders trying to pummel you but I've been surprised how so many QBs stare down receivers instead of using their eyes and execute poor play action fakes, especially considering how effective they can be.

Perhaps it is because they have these defenders trying to kill them but sometimes, especially play action fakes, it seems to be half-hearted attempts.

Great to read Mills is starting to dominate. We may need him over on a the Left side..

Also, if nothing else, Peterman appears to be a lock to make the team. Hard counting is the only way whatzhidname ever saw the field except in emergencies or meaningless regular season finales after Houston.

Ranks Rastro!

Joe B's daily writeup told a different story regarding Mills. Who to believe?

I don't know what it's like having 300# defenders trying to pummel you but I've been surprised how so many QBs stare down receivers instead of using their eyes and execute poor play action fakes, especially considering how effective they can be.

Perhaps it is because they have these defenders trying to kill them but sometimes, especially play action fakes, it seems to be half-hearted attempts.

Selling the fake takes more time maybe?