Manuel was not given the chance to grow

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel can spin it anyway he wants to, but make no mistake about it...he was horrible here.

He might be the #2 right now but he'll be out of the league in less than 2 years.

EJ seems like a great guy but he doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL starter or backup even IMO.

His flaws in college were his flaws in the NFL. He never improved. He stared down WR's too often and held the ball in the pocket when he should have let it fly. He had a couple of decent moments. He just didn't live up to expectations and he's surely not a starting caliber QB in this league. Sorry EJ, hope it works out for you in Oakland.

He got starter experience while in Buffalo. Not all young QBs get that. He should count himself lucky.

Most QBs are not given the chance to improve that Carr got. If that's his frame of reference, it's not a good one.

But, whatever attitude EJ has about his time in Buffalo, I wish him well. He's a good kid.

He got starter experience while in Buffalo. Not all young QBs get that. He should count himself lucky.

Most QBs are not given the chance to improve that Carr got. If that's his frame of reference, it's not a good one.

But, whatever attitude EJ has about his time in Buffalo, I wish him well. He's a good kid.

His attitude and likable demeanor will keep him on some team, somewhere for a while.

There are some sucky QBs out there ( Mallet) who have crap attitudes on top of it and still they get chances.

I wouldn't agree that he was given no chance to succeed. However, he didn't do a whole lot with the chances he was given. That's on him as much as on Marrone and Rex.

He seems like a nice guy, and I wish him well. Elsewhere.

I honestly would of liked to see what he could of done with a year on the bench NOT coached by marrone and Hackett who in my opinion are two of the most pathetic "offensive" side of the ball coaches I can remember. Once he got shell shocked he never recovered. I don't see why he can't be a Matt Moore kinda backup in the league though.

I wouldn't agree that he was given no chance to succeed. However, he didn't do a whole lot with the chances he was given. That's on him as much as on Marrone and Rex.

He seems like a nice guy, and I wish him well. Elsewhere.

I'd say his career as a Buffalo Bills was over before Rex got there. He was a #1 draft pick QB who got 14 starts in 64 possible games. After being moderately successful early in is his rookie season, he got injured, and I would say, really never had a chance after that. Marrone used the quick hook on him in his second season...it was very clear from that point on, EJ wasn't ever going to be the preferred QB for the Bills. I agree, it might not be fair to say he was given "no chance", just very limited chance, especially considering his draft position. I'm not arguing that Tyrod isn't better, but Rex's first season, when the Bills had an open competition for the starting job, you could have argued (at least in pre-season game action) that EJ performed at least as well, if not better, than Tyrod. Yet, he was immediately relegated to the 3rd QB spot. It was clear they had no use for him.

Edited by Buftex