SPOTRAC Market Value for Sammy and Wood

So I was just looking at the 2018 UFA (mainly to see Market Value Predictions) because Camp is a time players get extended. So they have analysis on two Bills so are.

Eric Wood (Prediction: 2 yrs 14.4M a 7.2AVV).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/eric-wood-5637/market-value/

I don't think I am paying that for Eric at this point in his career (specially if Groy continues to impress). I would go to him at camp and offer a 3 year extension closer to the 5M AVV if I was running this thing at this point. He is not a player I would use the TAG on so I would try to get him locked up at camp.

Sammy Watkins (Prediction 5 yrs 61.4M a 12.2M AVV)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/sammy-watkins-14413/market-value/

Here is the thing, this would be a risk. During camp I might try to work out something more in the 9-10M AVV, but I am not sure he signs it, or that the Bills offer it until they can see him healthy. Also does it make sense locking up a WR long term before QB is even figured out. He really is the only UFA on our roster that I would use the TAG on so if he has a big year and a healthy year he wont go anywhere, however also after that year you will not see a 12.2M AVV prediction anymore, (specially if Giants get crazy with OBJ extension and reset all WR Market).

Some others you might see an extension too in Camp.

Kyle Williams (may be last year anyway)

Preston Brown - This is one I would definitely try to get done in camp because he gets back into a 4-3. I think can be locked up cheap on like a 3-4M AVV contract.

The rest of the UFAs I don't see the Bills approaching for an extension before the season starts.

So I was just looking at the 2018 UFA (mainly to see Market Value Predictions) because Camp is a time players get extended. So they have analysis on two Bills so are.

I don't think I am paying that for Eric at this point in his career (specially if Groy continues to impress). I would go to him at camp and offer a 3 year extension closer to the 5M AVV if I was running this thing at this point. He is not a player I would use the TAG on so I would try to get him locked up at camp.

Here is the thing, this would be a risk. During camp I might try to work out something more in the 9-10M AVV, but I am not sure he signs it, or that the Bills offer it until they can see him healthy. Also does it make sense locking up a WR long term before QB is even figured out. He really is the only UFA on our roster that I would use the TAG on so if he has a big year and a healthy year he wont go anywhere, however also after that year you will not see a 12.2M AVV prediction anymore, (specially if Giants get crazy with OBJ extension and reset all WR Market).

Preston Brown - This is one I would definitely try to get done in camp because he gets back into a 4-3. I think can be locked up cheap on like a 3-4M AVV contract.

The rest of the UFAs I don't see the Bills approaching for an extension before the season starts.

Gotta let wood go i think. We paid Groy for an extra year, and we can draft a suitable swing guard/backup center replacement.

I think Wood knows he isn't going to be re-signed too. The other day he gave the "hopeful" comments you'd expect but also knows it is likely his last and "most lucrative" contract. If Groy doesn't unseat him this year, he'll replace him next year.

Groy will be 27 Sep 30 Wood 32 March 18 similar production

If Sammy stays healthy and puts up good numbers before the Oct 31 trade deadline , try to re-sign or trade.

If trade is not good , tag if it makes sense.

Edited by ALF

Depends, on E.Wood. He's made overtures of his desire to play with the Bills his entire career. If he's willing to take less and the FO doesn't ridiculously low-ball him, I believe he'll sign. As for making sense to sign Sammy even with the QB picture unclear, Yes! Absolutely (if they can)! There isn't a QB anywhere who wouldn't want a talent like him to throw to.

I would think the medical people know the "odds" on Sammys health as does other teams. If he has a good preseason and the foot is responding well get him signed at a fair price. By doing it before the season they should be able to get it done cheaper than waiting till seasons end. The question is does he want to stay in Buffalo or not, if not then it could be impossible to sign him as a FA and would need to use the tag. My guess is that if Sammy can make a deal would a good amount of guaranteed money before end of the season he would jump on it.

Preseason games will decide his future imo.

IMO, Wood will either re-sign with the Bills or retire. I don't see anyone paying him that AVV. Watkins is either low or high depending on how you want to look at it. If we think he's finally healthy and going to show us what complete seasons look like, then it's low. If you believe that he's going to continue to miss games due to nagging injuries, then it's high. Either way, I would try to figure out what to do with Wood right now and simply wait on Watkins. Let the season play out and see if you have to tag him or not. I see this as Kyle Williams last season in the NFL. I truly believe he retires after this year.

I don't think Wood will get that kind of money. He either re-signs with the Bills at a semi-discount or he waits it out during the off season for someone to get injured or he retires.

I think that projection for Watkins is low. The Bills must keep him, no matter the cost. If they have to tag him, do it.

If Sammy plays all 16 games fully healthy I'm guaranteeing he finishes as a top 10 borderline top 5 WR.

Why?

No. 1. He's awesome.

No. 2. We're going to be allowing around 30 points a game and will need to throw.

No. 3. Our other WRs are trash and Zay Jones is a rookie.

No. 4. In Dennison's O, he finds ways to feed and feed his no. 1 WR

In my fantasy league...ppr...i have him personally ranked 6. Thinking 95 catches, 1300 yards, 10 TDs.

1. AB

2. Evans

3. OBJ

4. Julio

5. Michael Thomas

6. Sammy

7. Jordy

8. Dez (But I hate their schedule...not sure here)

9. Pryor (yep)

10. Hopkins

He's just got to stay healthy. Because everything is lining up for a monster breakout from him imo.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

Right now they're paying Wood $6.35 mill per year making him the 9th highest paid center. At that new number he'd again be the 9th highest paid. My guess is they pay him.

If Groy is as good as we're hoping, they could slip him over to guard and keep him as Richie-getting-old insurance or Miller not being as good as we hope.

Center is the linchpin. I think they don't want to start over there.

Sammy, I can't even begin to predict. We still don't know what he is in terms of injuries ... or his results if he stays healthy all year and teams start to figure how to game-plan for him. Too many unknowns for Sammy, IMHO.

Edited by Thurman#1

Gotta let wood go i think. We paid Groy for an extra year, and we can draft a suitable swing guard/backup center replacement.

I heard Wood on Shopp and the Bulldog the other day and the way he talked, it sounded like he is going to be gone.

Said the typical things like you only get the chance to test free agency once and this will be my last chance to get paid and my last contract I sign etc...

CBF