Astro-Notes: 7-30-17 Fourth Practice

I will be surprised if White doesn't turn into a stud corner.

Was best CB in the draft, IMO.

They got good value there.......rest of draft......not feeling they got matchup winners like 3D but fingers crossed.

1) 3D = stud

2) Zokay Zay(he zokay, but)

2B) Chawklit blunder or thunder?

balance = meh

Every practice so far, one thing has been consistent. Zay Jones has been lined up as a top 3 wr. The only thing that may change, barring injury, will be that he claims the #2 over Holmes. By all accounts, he has been excellent and polished thus far in every practice. Silky smooth is a phrase ive heard thrown around. As far as Dawkins goes, lets give him a chance before proclaiming his balance as "meh", shall we? He was very good as a four year starter in college, and is versatile. Edited by BuffAlone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Astro, as always thanks for the reporting. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the pace of practice significantly different than year's past under different staffs?

2. Do the BILLS seem to be doing drills they've never done before or just pretty much the same old stuff?

3. Are there more situational football drills? It's probably a little early in camp for that but it's something to keep an eye on as the roster shrinks.

Every practice so far, one thing has been consistent. Zay Jones has been lined up as a top 3 wr. The only thing, barring injury, will be that he claims the #2 over Holmes. By all accounts, he has been excellent and polished thus far in every practice. Silky smooth is a phrase ive heard thrown around. As far as Dawkins goes, lets give him a chance before proclaiming his balance as "meh", shall we? He was very good as a four year starter in college, and is versatile.

Balance of draft.

Mills is the worst pass blocking RT in the NFL......he is a tomato can.......if Dawkins can't kick him over that will not be good (but not entirely unexpected, it's a lot to ask any rookie OT to start and play well in the NFL).

If Henderson can stay clean has more talent than both of them combined and could potentially really solidify the unit when he gets back from suspension.

Great job Astro. I was there today too and I agree with you about Milano. He had a nice INT in the last 11 on 11 drill and seems to have a nose for the ball. Can see him making the team.

Yates looked kind of flat. Peterman has accuracy but wasn't asked to throw deep so no idea if he has mediocre arm.

Great seeing McDermott involved in all three teams (offense, defense and ST). Guys were running from drill to drill. No one was disengaged from the activity. The players look excited. Love it.

Balance of draft.

Mills is the worst pass blocking RT in the NFL......he is a tomato can.......if Dawkins can't kick him over that will not be good (but not entirely unexpected, it's a lot to ask any rookie OT to start and play well in the NFL).

If Henderson can stay clean has more talent than both of them combined and could potentially really solidify the unit when he gets back from suspension.

Gotcha on the balance thing.thanks for clarifying

I'm very glad to hear Jonathan Williams is doing well. There was a lot of fretting about the backup RB spot. I had high hopes last year but then he looked kind of slow. Maybe that was just me or the injury held him back.

Edited by Augie

Milano & Vallejo could both be contributors in a year if they can play ST this year.

Great job Astro. I was there today too and I agree with you about Milano. He had a nice INT in the last 11 on 11 drill and seems to have a nose for the ball. Can see him making the team.

Yates looked kind of flat. Peterman has accuracy but wasn't asked to throw deep so no idea if he has mediocre arm.

Great seeing McDermott involved in all three teams (offense, defense and ST). Guys were running from drill to drill. No one was disengaged from the activity. The players look excited. Love it.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

its just my feeling, but I think Rex /Rob's defensive scheme really messed up Darby last season...the whole D had problems with that scheme...I feel Darby's rookie season he was more using his talent and by year 2 he had a messed up scheme in his head...Im hoping this season he shine again

its just my feeling, but I think Rex /Rob's defensive scheme really messed up Darby last season...the whole D had problems with that scheme...I feel Darby's rookie season he was more using his talent and by year 2 he had a messed up scheme in his head...Im hoping this season he shine again

It was essentially the same scheme. Maybe he really missed the coaching of Donnie Henderson.

....with BOTH of these azzclowns being out of football, it certainly solidifies your position.... their illegitimacy so noted.....kudos to the POKER NETWORK buying into the hype with one's hire.....Jokers in the hand....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I will be surprised if White doesn't turn into a stud corner.

Was best CB in the draft, IMO.

They got good value there.......rest of draft......not feeling they got matchup winners like 3D but fingers crossed.

1) 3D = stud

2) Zokay Zay(he zokay, but)

2B) Chawklit blunder or thunder?

balance = meh

before we throw Dawkins to the dogs... he is a rookie. most rookie tackles do not adapt until year 3. he's been practcing on the left side all off season. he's just now moving back to the right and he is a rookie.
Prediction: Mills gets cut when Seantrel comes off his weed suspension.

I must say , I do love your colored analysis. keeps me smiling.

Also, i had a personal moment when you mentioned Sammy getting screens :wub:
I have been nearly begging for this since he was drafted.

No Grandson today ? looking forward to the day when mine are finally old enough ^_^

Glad you had the nice weather these last few days.

Cheers Astro :beer: