Stevie Johnson in Buffalo?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was a terrific over achiever for a 7th rnd pick.

I don't think he would be as good a fit as Boldin.

Boldin would be a good Vet to have around the Bills young WR's not so sure about Stevie.

Wow. Somehow my brain erased that game. It's amazing what we had had to endure as Bills Fans. Seriously.

2 guys that just aren't clutch,it was heartbreaking.

Might be the kind of guy as a defensive coach that sees him as tough guy for a defense to cover.

Or a QB to find. Though, oddly, his best success came when Fitz was throwing to him. Maybe they can be a package deal? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Stevie is NOT coming back. He's retired. I talked this morning to his best friend from high school and asked when I saw the updated pics. Zach told me he's happily retired and enjoying spending time with his kids. He would like to sign a one day contract to officially retire a Bill but that's it. Zach told me Stevie has no intention of playing again but he also said he isn't sure why Stevie's agent changed the pics on his FB page. He's going to ask him tonight.

FWIW Zach is a solid source. He's always posting pics with Stevie and got me some autographed items from him.

He would I think actually be a good WR with TT as the QB. Stevie would always get open the longer the play took to develop due to his improvisation. TT always finds someone open when a play breaks down from holding the ball too long and scrambling. Might be a blessing in disguise.

Obviously wont happen though.

backup if Anquan doesn't sign? Or do they already know Boldin is not coming

I wish it weren't true but I don't see Boldin coming here unless he has no other options. He ideally would find some one in a warmer climate, and closer to his Florida home. Stevie and Fitz had a chemistry that hasn't seemed to develop elsewhere.

He would I think actually be a good WR with TT as the QB. Stevie would always get open the longer the play took to develop due to his improvisation. TT always finds someone open when a play breaks down from holding the ball too long and scrambling. Might be a blessing in disguise.

Obviously wont happen though.

The Stevie of 4 years ago would have definitely been a great fit for this WCO we're putting in place.

Stevie is NOT coming back. He's retired. I talked this morning to his best friend from high school and asked when I saw the updated pics. Zach told me he's happily retired and enjoying spending time with his kids. He would like to sign a one day contract to officially retire a Bill but that's it. Zach told me Stevie has no intention of playing again but he also said he isn't sure why Stevie's agent changed the pics on his FB page. He's going to ask him tonight.

FWIW Zach is a solid source. He's always posting pics with Stevie and got me some autographed items from him.

Maybe he is going to put his heart into his rap career. It's cool if you drop the mic. Not cool if you drop TD passes. :rolleyes:

I keed, I keed :lol:

I guess I am in the minority. I really liked him. He was a baller and played tremendously above his draft status. That sort of production out of a 7th round receiver is rare.

I suspect he is washed up now, but wish him well.

Rare indeed!!!

Funny, the only WR in our history with three consecutive 1,000 plus yard seasons and everyone would rather point out the dudes faults. Give me a break.

That's because those 1000 yard seasons didn't mean diddly poo and he made some of the most memorable blunders during the same period of time.

I don't dislike Stevie -- he made far more of himself than was predicted and he worked hard. It's just like the worship of FredEx, though -- at the end of the day he was a good (not great) player on bad teams, and I'm not going to wax poetic and sentimental about his exploits.

Edited by eball

I guess I am in the minority. I really liked him. He was a baller and played tremendously above his draft status. That sort of production out of a 7th round receiver is rare.

I suspect he is washed up now, but wish him well.

Share your sentiments JR. I have to agree with those who also have never gotten over that Pittsburgh TD drop.

Also agree his time in Buffalo has come and gone, and wish him well...

Sign a one day contract with the Bills for $1.00.

That dollar is taxed so Pegula hands him 2 quarters, 2 dimes and 2 pennies.

😅😅 so wrong but still funny!