OMG...here goes....48 year old about to start dating again

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the best approach. Don't panic. Wait for her to contact you, John. Last thing you want is to appear desperate or needy, and scare away a beautiful baby. Just chillax, man.

yeah I feel like I called one too many times as it is....i mean...she asked me to because of her schedule but still

Im going on radio silence and see if her radio silence ends. Im not desparate.....had to talk myself into this as it is

yeah I feel like I called one too many times as it is....i mean...she asked me to because of her schedule but still

Im going on radio silence and see if her radio silence ends. Im not desparate.....had to talk myself into this as it is

Is she on EMCON Alpha? :o

cat·fish
[ˈkatˌfiSH]

NOUN
catfishes (plural noun)
  1. a freshwater or marine fish with whiskerlike barbels around the mouth, typically bottom-dwelling.
  2. another term for wolffish.
VERB
catfishes (third person present) · catfished (past tense) · catfished (past participle) · catfishing (present participle)
  1. (catfishing)
    fish for catfish:
    "with the Mississippi River far below its normal level, the catfishing kept getting better and better"
  2. US
    informal
    lure (someone) into a relationship by means of a fictional online persona:
    CBF

No that was gonna happen last night after she got off work (in surgery all day so who knows when that was)

Oh well.....if it happens it happens.....not gonna fret

Yeah if you've called already don't call again. If she's feeling up to it then great, she'll call and apologize. If not, oh well there are plenty more where that came from. You'll get out there, man.

I'm glad that I hedged my bets with a $10 "will John get cat-fished" bet at +1000.

Just kidding and sorry about this situation John. You really seem like a good dude and that's all that matters. Everything happens for a reason and if she isn't your next date it's probably for the best. Hopefully this will just be the starting point to having the confidence to get back in the game.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Most important piece of advice left out. If you feel like you are heading into the friend zone, run like hell.

Run? Just make a freaking move! Who the hell runs!

It's your own fault if you end up in the Friend Zone. It's imaginary due to the lack of inaction and the fear of rejection.

bluetooth+man+and+wifi+girls.jpg

I've been happily married for 8 years (well every couple has problems), but in my single days the "passive approach" always worked best for me. I definitely put myself out there, but never tried to hard to "connect" with females. I have heard several times from female friends that there are few things more unappealing to them than a man who "tries too hard."

I wasn't implying that you are desperate, hemet. Just trying to steer you in the right direction. If she calls...great! If she doesn't then it's time to move on. Plenty of women out there, and you sound like a pretty good guy. Chin up...

Single women in their late 40s are long past the stage of needing a guy who makes a lot of money. She has her own money so your bank account is far down on her list of priorities, so don't sweat who earns more or has a fancier job title.

Your job on a first date is to get to know the person enough to judge if you want a second date. That's it. Don't get wrapped up in 'could this be long term' or 'will I get laid'

This ...

I'm 55 and just got back into the dating game. Woman our ages are very independent, are OK with being independent and usually are very critical in their checkoff list of qualities they are looking for. I find it very frustrating actually. Super selective and picky woman are the norm out there.

Haha. Women over 40 beat my door down for only one thing. You old men can't satisfy them. Went over to a 53 (I thunk?) Yr old woman's house with a 27 yr old friend a few weeks ago. That was fun

Dude... You are only 12 years younger than say myself. Trust me it goes by fast. Notice that gut one gets in the 30s & into the 40s, that's the age when men's testosterone plummets. But, if you recognize it, you can stay thin or get thin with a better diet.

Anyway, and rightly so older women get more free spirited. It's either the final rut for some or they just don't have the risk factor (unwanted pregnancy/commitment) anymore.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Radio silence since last night

I think she got cold feet..... :(

If she is a surgeon, things come up, and she may not have had the opportunity to connect. It may still happen.

The nice thing about dating in your 40s is you know who you are, you know your drama/BS quota (IMO it should be none, but you may feel differently), everything isn't all about looks (non-troll is fine, but nice + smart + caring is a whoooole lot better), and you can take turns picking up the tab. :)

I had a lot better time dating in my 40s (after divorce) than I did in my teens or 20s.... but then again I married the first (and only) man I dated after my divorce (and 10+ years later, I am still supremely glad I did).

Good luck with the new chapter in your life. I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Going out tonight to meet a woman with a PhD from Duke and is an international envoronmental sustainability consultant

Dude... You are only 12 years younger than say myself. Trust me it goes by fast. Notice that gut one gets in the 30s & into the 40s, that's the age when men's testosterone plummets. But, if you recognize it, you can stay thin or get thin with a better diet.

Anyway, and rightly so older women get more free spirited. It's either the final rut for some or they just don't have the risk factor (unwanted pregnancy/commitment) anymore.

you have no idea how old i am.

Amd my testosterone has been tested and is ridiclously hifh

Edited by Boyst62

Haha. Women over 40 beat my door down for only one thing. You old men can't satisfy them. Went over to a 53 (I thunk?) Yr old woman's house with a 27 yr old friend a few weeks ago. That was fun

I think I can hold my own in this department.

.....I think....

Going out tonight to meet a woman with a PhD from Duke and is an international envoronmental sustainability consultant

you have no idea how old i am.

Amd my testosterone has been tested and is ridiclously hifh

I got pills for that!

its funny because I think my testosterone was actually low or something....I started supplementing and now Im envisioning dry humping the student worker.