USA Today....Bills are going 4-12.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can relate...

Here's how I feel about the first seven games.

vs. NYJ....... W 24-21.... A game much closer than it should have been due to turnovers on offense. -Haushka ices the win with a FG in OT.

@ CAR........ L 17-37... The McCaff-back breaks some sort of record in this one. Our secondary also gets torched via Newton to Benjamin.

@ DEN........ L 17-31.... Broncs secondary gives Tyrod fits. -They pound the rock until our D-line rolls over and submits.

@ ATL....... L 20-45..... Matt Ryan can't be stopped. -Neither can Freeman. We put up a valiant fight until the 4th, when Ryan and Senor Julio take over.

@ CIN....... L 23-28….. A game we could have easily won… Dalton is sacked five times, and our ST produces a TD on a KR… Tyrod is chided for holding the ball, and missing open WR’s… Shady shows his frustration

in the after-game presser... TT is losing the locker room.

vs. TAM..... L 19-29.... The lack of points being scored leads to whispers of a "QB change"... A poor first half vs.TAM leads to cut-aways of Peterman warming up on the sidelines.... He never goes in.

vs. OAK..... L 24-33.... Khalil and Marshawn celebrate their WNY "homecoming" by laying waste to all in their path.... A late comeback only adds to Bills fan's misery.

That's how I see things starting out... Let's hope I'm WAAAAAY off!

My god, this stretch is brutal. Bills havent been able to beat the good teams

for 17 years, and now for some reason, they are?

Maybe they beat cinci, and go 2-5.

Edited by Albwan

So in your opinion we keep scoring lots of points but get lit up on defense, just as if Rex & Rob never left? Somehow I think you aren't hoping you're wrong.

Hey,. I'd LOVE a 7-0 start... -It's great momentum for a playoff run... 5-2 appeals to some, but we've done that before... 5-2 turns into 5-3, then 5-4... Next thing you know, we're 5-7!

Recent history verifies that we don't dig ourselves out of holes very well...

Been going with it since 2001, except for Rex Hype where I went up to 8 wins one season.

Learned my lesson well...

The only prediction that matters is when ESPN see the total pony loaf of a schedule that the NFL has screwed them over with for another season of MNF.

Very true, I dpn't think I watched two full MNF games last year and t used to be must see TV. Of course that might also have to do with he fact that because the Bills are so awful I really don't even care who wins in the other games

I can relate...

vs. NYJ....... W 24-21.... A game much closer than it should have been due to turnovers on offense. -Haushka ices the win with a FG in OT.

@ CAR........ L 17-37... The McCaff-back breaks some sort of record in this one. Our secondary also gets torched via Newton to Benjamin.

@ DEN........ L 17-31.... Broncs secondary gives Tyrod fits. -They pound the rock until our D-line rolls over and submits.

@ ATL....... L 20-45..... Matt Ryan can't be stopped. -Neither can Freeman. We put up a valiant fight until the 4th, when Ryan and Senor Julio take over.

@ CIN....... L 23-28….. A game we could have easily won… Dalton is sacked five times, and our ST produces a TD on a KR… Tyrod is chided for holding the ball, and missing open WR’s… Shady shows his frustration

vs. TAM..... L 19-29.... The lack of points being scored leads to whispers of a "QB change"... A poor first half vs.TAM leads to cut-aways of Peterman warming up on the sidelines.... He never goes in.

vs. OAK..... L 24-33.... Khalil and Marshawn celebrate their WNY "homecoming" by laying waste to all in their path.... A late comeback only adds to Bills fan's misery.

You abbreviate Tampa Bay as TAM?

I can relate...

We have 4 road games in a row ? .... that sucks, then again I'm betting that's wrong.

Hey,. I'd LOVE a 7-0 start... -It's great momentum for a playoff run... 5-2 appeals to some, but we've done that before... 5-2 turns into 5-3, then 5-4... Next thing you know, we're 5-7!

Recent history verifies that we don't dig ourselves out of holes very well...

Here's the narrative after a 7-0 start:

"Don't get sucked in like in 2008. They're probably going to lose the rest of their games."

Here's the narrative after a 7-0 start:

"Don't get sucked in like in 2008. They're probably going to lose the rest of their games."

I know you're kidding, but there's some truth to this...as Bills fans, I'm not sure how we'll react when we finally have a good/great team...it's been so long....we'll be 11-2 or something and looking at the last 3 games thinking there's a way we'll miss the playoffs....

Edited by Iron Maiden

I think this will be a surprising year for this team.

The Jets are in rebuild. I see the Dolphins taking a step back. Obviously the Pats aren't going to go 16-0.

We have an offfense returning with pretty much all of their major pieces that finished 10th in scoring and the tops in rushing. Our OL should be improved and Shady is looking lights out so far. I believe come week 1 Tyrod will be Tyrod.

I really believe if we were a top 10 defense last year we would have been a playoff team. This year Lawson is looking like a monster opposite Hughes who is already one. You have Darius and K Williams in the middle with Adolphus providing solid depth. That's a top 5 front four. I like our CB tandem of Darby and the rookie Tre White. I think White will hold his own. Love Hyde in the backfield.

With Alexander and Preston Brown returning at LB we'll only need one of the others to step up. That could easily be Ragland once he's back into form. It not Humber or Hodges can hold the fort.

Just overall we are going to be a more disciplined team which in itself will help us win more games than last year.

We play the Jets and Dolphins twice which I feel we can win 3 of 4. We play Saints, Bucs, and Colts at home which aren't world beaters. I like our chances vs KC, Bengals and Chargers on the road.

I also believe McD can pull a split with NE.

I think if we stay healthy we'll have a good chance at 10 wins.

Again I believe McD can get us there. Ryan wasn't mentally tough. His teams made too many mistakes (along with his coaches) that killed us in key situations. I think having a mentally tougher coach will be the difference.

I'm not sure too many believe that. But I do.

Tops in rushing, yeah, I miss the 1970s NFL as well. Maybe this style of football will make a comeback, huh?

It's possible.

Once every team in the league is geared to stop the pass, watch an 80 year old Belichick bring back the ground-and-pound and get another 5 titles with the RB version of Tom Brady.

I don't care for predictions, especially this early. However, I'd rather see them go 4-12 than 7-9 (or 8-8).

Yup. I'd like to see what they could do with multiple first round-round draft picks and a decent QB class.

Still hoping (and dreaming) for 11-5 and play-offs though.

Only place that USA today exists is in hotels. Don't think I've ever googled USA today or USA today sports to see their predictions

now that you say it...i don't think i've seen the usa today anywhere but in a hotel in a decade.