Will Goodwin 'Take Off' in San Francisco?

From NFL.com

One acquisition that might be overlooked is Marquise Goodwin, the speedy receiver formerly of the Bills, or so says 49ers leading wideout Jeremy Kerley.

"He's a guy that's been overshadowed in the past a little bit," Kerley said of his new teammate on Friday's edition of NFL Total Access. "A lot of guys just think he's just a deep threat. Working with him for the last two or three months, he's an all-around receiver and he knows what he's doing.

"He's got a lot of passion in the game and he puts in a lot of work at it. So he's definitely a guy that I think everyone could look forward to and he'll have a takeoff season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000821299/article/kerley-marquise-goodwin-ready-for-takeoff-season

Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a useful player if he can avoid the injury bug. He actually showed himself to be more than a one trick pony last season.

His production last year basically replaced the production Hogan had in 2015 with the Bills. So, that being said will some people be pounding the table that the Bills should've resigned him as well?

I think it was smart of them to not too. Plus, he does not fit the whole durability quality that McDermott wants. Took a jab at the BF Instagram page a while back after they posted awhile back when they posted a photo of him and Bobby woods then the upgrade keyboard button with Holmes and Zay Jones; think he said something like "16 years..." kind of funny and true, but, he went to the 49ers whom have been a horrible organization for the past couple years.

He's a good kid and now has the money to build a house for disabled sister.

There is not a WR in this league that fights the ball more than Goodwin. His route tree is so limited because his hand-eye coordination is so bad. He needs so much time to settle before the ball can be thrown to him.

This is why I have so little hope for him ever becoming a good pro. A receiver that is uncomfortable with the ball is like an inaccurate quarterback. It's a problem that can rarely be corrected in the pros.

His production last year basically replaced the production Hogan had in 2015 with the Bills. So, that being said will some people be pounding the table that the Bills should've resigned him as well?

I think it was smart of them to not too. Plus, he does not fit the whole durability quality that McDermott wants. Took a jab at the BF Instagram page a while back after they posted awhile back when they posted a photo of him and Bobby woods then the upgrade keyboard button with Holmes and Zay Jones; think he said something like "16 years..." kind of funny and true, but, he went to the 49ers whom have been a horrible organization for the past couple years.

He's a good kid and now has the money to build a house for disabled sister.

Chris Hogan was the one who should've been signed. Goodwin cost too much.

Heverything definitely has skills and is more than a deep threat, I just don't think he can ever last at this level unfortunately, because I'm really rooting for him, and hope I'm proven wrong. You just can't sneeze on him without him suffering an injury.

Marquis Glass Goodwin is a more appropriate nickname

I thought he was pretty good last year. But not sure he's reliable enough for the contract they gave him. He's a decent depth guy imo.

As far as injuries go the guy had bad luck but I think I read he ended up playing more games for the bills last year than any other WR.

Heverything definitely has skills and is more than a deep threat, I just don't think he can ever last at this level unfortunately, because I'm really rooting for him, and hope I'm proven wrong. You just can't sneeze on him without him suffering an injury.

Marquis Glass Goodwin is a more appropriate nickname

He also wasn't always used properly by the Bills. I couldn't believe how many outs they ran with him, especially at home. First of all, he's short. Second, the field at New Era slopes to the sidelines for drainage. Third, Tyrod is a short QB who struggles with accuracy on those throws. Result: not much of a window for Tyrod to get the ball to Goodwin and pass usually incomplete.