Official Out of Town Bills Fan Interactions Thread

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It's funny, that "Go Bills" greeting. I used it on a plane once, I was seated and saw a guy with a Bills shirt coming up the aisle. As he got to my row, I just said "Go Bills" and he replied the same, and just kept walking to his seat. You don't even need to have a conversation, just the greeting can be enough to acknowledge each other. 

I was on vacation in the Canadian Rockies in July. We had a few "Go Bills" moments in somewhat remote places:

- a guy walking his dog just below Takkakaw Falls

- a guy and his girl on a hiking trail by Emerald Lake 

Also ran into a family from Buffalo at Athabasca Glacier that we chatted with for a few minutes.

Back in March I skiied past a guy with a Bills hat at the top of Vail and gave him a Go Bills, but he didn't hear me.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Thought it might be fun to have a thread detailing our Bills fan interactions for us out of towners. Maybe see if we can make a TBD connection with the guy you just talked about the draft with at the grocery store, or that car that just passed you on the highway rocking a Bills sticker. Judging by some other threads going right now, we're pretty bored so let's see what we got!

I'll start. I had a tee time at Turnberry here in Cbus this past Sunday morning and when walking into the clubhouse to pay, I saw a pickup truck in the parking lot with at least 4-5 Bills/Sabres stickers. Think it was a F150. Never saw a person near it to give a Go Bills. Also today got passed by what I think was a Honda minivan rocking a Bills bumper sticker. It was on 270 on the east side near 670 just before noon. Any other out of towners have recent encounters with fellow suffering Bills fans in their current town, while traveling, etc.?

I'm pretty sure I saw that Honda last week, also on 270 going east from 71.

Ran into a guy at The Kroger a couple months back. We were both in Bills gear.

On 7/20/2017 at 12:44 AM, LI_Bills said:

So you work the lock by Navy Pier? I was in Chicago recently and went thru on a Sea Dog cruise Saturday after the 4th. I had no idea there was a even a lock there til that day.

NOW YOU'VE DONE IT, THE FLOODGATES HAVE BEEN OPENED!!!:doh::wallbash:

Edited by Cripple Creek

19 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'm pretty sure I saw that Honda last week, also on 270 going east from 71.

Ran into a guy at The Kroger a couple months back. We were both in Bills gear.

NOW YOU'VE DONE IT, THE FLOODGATES HAVE BEEN OPENED!!!:doh::wallbash:

When Exiled finds out we're talking about locks:

jqgv3pd.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Back in 2005 or so, I took an online class at Northern Illinois University. In the "Get to know each other" thread, a lot of people talked about being Cubs fans. The professor said that she could relate to their pain, since she was a Buffalo Bills fan. I responded with "Go Bills!" and we had a nice conversation about how good JP Losman looked in the preseason. (Sigh)

When the Bills drafted Marquise Goodwin, my wife bought me his name/number t-shirt because Goodwin is her maiden name.  She couldn't resist.  Anyway, later that fall, I was wearing the shirt at an outdoor music/beer festival down here in NC.  This random guy walks up and asks if it is a Marquise Goodwin shirt.  As it turns out, he was Goodwin's cousin and was absolutely shocked to see anyone wearing a shirt with his name on it.

16 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I once saw a homeless man in Houston wearing a 1993 AFC Champs shirt. Not gonna lie. Was tempted to buy it from him. 

There's a meme out there of a kid telling a reporter "the Bills are the best team in NFL History, they won 4 super bowls in the 90s and i've got the t shirts to prove it 

A while back I was in Moscow at an outdoor flea market. I saw this teenager with a group of friends who was wearing a Jim Kelly jersey. He didn't speak English too well and I didn't speak Russian. But he was very friendly and allowed a picture to be taken with him and his jersey. 

About a dozen years ago, was waiting for my mother to get off the plane here at DCA and Jim Kelly walks off before her.  Had my Bills mug with me and said, pointing to the mug, "Hey Jim, big fan!"  He said "Cool" and kept walking.

I live in Raleigh, but just spent the last week in Portland and Bar Harbor. Everytime I wore something Buffalo related I got a Go Bills from multiple people...probably 20 times over the week. Two highlights..

The solitary guy standing on the side of a remote trail on the summit of Cadillac mountain in Acadia.

A younger guy at a Portland waterfront bar who was on a bachelor party weekend with his friends from Philadelphia.  He ended up ditching his buddies to have a few beers with my wife and I.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:26 AM, JohnC said:

A while back I was in Moscow at an outdoor flea market. I saw this teenager with a group of friends who was wearing a Jim Kelly jersey. He didn't speak English too well and I didn't speak Russian. But he was very friendly and allowed a picture to be taken with him and his jersey. 

Hmmmmm, Russia you say. A while back like early ‘16?

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Hmmmmm, Russia you say. A while back like early ‘16?

Carter Page is not a friend of mine. It was much earlier than 16. I can tell you stories but I won't. I don't want a stray Russian spy spiking my meal with a deadly never agent. :ph34r:

It’s kind of weird but most of my best friends here are Bills fans. We all met through our Bills Backers Group but we are probably together 4-5 days a week and talk daily. We then have an extended group of probably another 20 or so Bills fans that we hang out with a handful of times in the offseason. It’s kind of cool.

On 8/7/2018 at 2:19 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

Was working in Fargo ND and stopped for a burger and beer in town. I'm the only person in the place and in walks a dude wearing a Bills hat. So I said "hey man, nice hat. You from Buffalo?"

Turns out he grew up 5 miles from me in Rochester. Such a small world

While in college in Cincinnati I met a Bills fan. We did the whole “are you from Buffalo?” thing. Where in Buffalo? Williamsville? Where in Williamsville? Turns out he lived across Maple Rd and he was part of the group from the “other” neighborhood that we played hockey with on a pond every winter.  He started the club hockey team at our school. I suspect he was much better than I was! 

Another time, working in Hilton Head a mom comes in with her daughter wearing a Bills shirt. We did the whole Where? Where? Where? thing. They moved into the red house 2 doors down from us and had the two giant Newfoundlands. 

Small world indeed!