Which players can the Bills not afford to lose to injury?

It seems it's the Bills luck to have key injuries either before the season or at some point early on in the season which has a significant impact on the Bills playoffs hopes. Last year, it was Reggie Ragland, Shaq Thompson (for most of the year) and Sammy Watkins.

Which players can the Bills not afford to lose to injury?

My choices are: Tyrod Taylor. If he goes down for significant amount of time, the Bills are toast. Without Taylor, the Bills are a 4-12 team (at best).

LeSean McCoy

Sammy Watkins

This one is hard to nail down, but I'll say more than one injury to the defensive front four. I think they could get away with one player being hurt as it seems like they have good depth at those positions, but any more than that, then there's problems.

Micah Hyde

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod is certainly #1 and should almost be excluded from the conversation. By the very nature of the position his loss will have, by far, the biggest impact.

I'd say after him (in order): Shady, Sammy, Hyde, Glenn, Clay and Hughes

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Taylor

Shady

Dareus (Feel he has a huge bounce back year and returns to dominating with being back in a 43. His dominance will make the rest of defense job that much easier.)

Watkins

Clay

Hughes

Edited by JerseyBills

If the Bills lost Shady for 16 weeks they could still win 6. If they lost Tyrod for 16 weeks they couldn't win more than 4. If the Bills lost any other player its maybe a game. Shady is the Bills best player but Tyrod is the one that they can least afford to lose.

I actually think they would miss Shady more in 2017 than they did in 2015 and 2016 when he missed a few because I feel significantly worse about the depth behind him.

Tyrod is 1a and Shady 1b for me. I think I'd put Hyde at 2 because he has to be the vet leader of the secondary and I put Glenn at 3 because he is 2nd only to Shady in terms of the best player on this team in my opinion. Sammy at 4, Jerry Hughes at 5.

i tried to say McCoy because of lack of proven depth and how much this teams runs the ball.

But this is a QB league even when you run it a ton. And the Bills have no real solid back up QB either.

Taylor and then McCoy.

As for Watkins, I don't think he is here after next year, so the Bills might want to try to get by with out him.

I actually think they would miss Shady more in 2017 than they did in 2015 and 2016 when he missed a few because I feel significantly worse about the depth behind him.

Tyrod is 1a and Shady 1b for me. I think I'd put Hyde at 2 because he has to be the vet leader of the secondary and I put Glenn at 3 because he is 2nd only to Shady in terms of the best player on this team in my opinion. Sammy at 4, Jerry Hughes at 5.

Glenn is definitely an elite LT And extremely valuable to the team but our line and offense didn't miss a beat without him... Which is more a testament to the line as a whole and coaching

We've won 6-9 games with Tyrod, EJ, Thad, Fitz, Trent, & JP. Perhaps we are overestimating how much Tyrod means to this tesam.

And even if Tyrod is that important, it might be better if we bottom out. 7-9 has gotten us nowhere.

That said. I think Sammy and Dareus would be the biggest losses because they are the best players we have in important positions.

I really like Hyde. Great pickup. But if a S is making or breaking your team, your team sucks.

Yeah? Did you enjoy watching Duke Williams and Jonathan Meeks get tooled on all over the field last year? It was freaking embarrassing. Versatile DB's like Hyde are essential to this defense.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

1. Shady

2. Tyrod

3. Glenn

4. Dareus

this is all i can come up with

not sure hyde yet, as biscuit points out. but he could be a huge asset.

i think glenn, incognito matter more than sammy.

Yeah? Did you enjoy watching Duke Williams and Jonathan Meeks get tooled on all over the field last year? It was freaking embarrassing. Versatile DB's like Hyde are essential to this defense.

I'd argue Rex's stupid blitz packages and leaving a banged up secondary in man to man hurt us more than a S.

Who expected Karlos Williams and Gillisslee to do what they did the last 2 years? Jonathan Williams. please step forward. Let's wait and see what he's got.