Darnold might stay in school for 2 more years

He is the awesomest of the awesome. He is so good he doesn't even need to win to be considered the best.

LOL okay Mr. Exaggeration.

.605 regular season win loss winning percentage.

3-3 in the playoffs. 2 of those losses were to Brady and the Pats. There was another Indy QB that struggled a lot against Brady early on his career...remember who that was? Was that guy not clutch?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-3 in the playoffs. 2 of those losses were to Brady and the Pats. There was another Indy QB that struggled a lot against Brady early on his career...remember who that was? Was that guy not clutch?

Was Peyton really clutch? An argument can be made that he wasn't.

I saw an interesting segment (sorry, no link) w Colin Cowherd where he talked about this. He said an Eli like intervention (no San Diego) may be in the works if Buffalo, Cleveland, or the Jets are in the position to draft him. (Cowherd's order) Said those franchises have not earned the right to draft such a good prospect. I now hope one of those cities draft him and have the stones to stick with the rights they have in the draft, including letting him sit out a couple of years so he can reenter if it goes that far. I don't like Cowherd, but, happened to catch that segment today.

I caught this as well, of course, I was annoyed by the remarks but I can see why outsiders feel that way. Hopefully with in the next 2-3 years that changes and we land our version of Aaron Rodgers.

I caught this as well, of course, I was annoyed by the remarks but I can see why outsiders feel that way. Hopefully with in the next 2-3 years that changes and we land our version of Aaron Rodgers.

Cowherd is just a douche stirring the pot. He's pathetic.

He is, I don't care for the likes of him and the other talking heads I.e Stephen A. Smith, Skip, and whomever else goes on these shows.

Most of the time they have 0 clue when it comes football.

Just stop. In the playoffs the Colts beat KC when Reid completely botched the second half after Luck handed KC the game in the first. They beat Cincy, whose playoff record isn't exactly legendary...oh wait, yes it is, but not in a positive way and Luck had a strong game in a legit win over Denver. He has also been an absolute turnover machine, even in the wins. You can look it up. The Bills of the last 5 years would EASILY have a .605 if they swapped spots with the Colts.

Am I saying he'll never do anything? No. Am I saying he has not yet lived up to the hype. Yes. Am I saying he is simply not in the top 3 clutch QBs in the NFL as of the end of last season? Abso-friggin-lutely. Will I be happy for him if he pulls it together and becomes a franchise QB someday? Sure. He seems like a good dude.

He is, I don't care for the likes of him and the other talking heads I.e Stephen A. Smith, Skip, and whomever else goes on these shows.

Most of the time they have 0 clue when it comes football.

To me he is among the worst because he isn't even original and it's just the same thing over and over. The only time in the last 5 years I've heard anything about what he has said has been on here. He isn't worth the time. Does he still look like the kid that should have been punched in the face so he shut up and went away?

You're doing the same thing.

Seriously, I thought the Andrew Luck hype was overrated. But you're just being annoying now. He is a top 10 qb who can be top 5. That would suck to have a qb like that.

I posted a link where it gives data on him being the 3rd most clutch QB in 2016....that's it. Then you take it, put words in my mouth and exaggerate what I said. These seem to be the basis for your arguments.

If we go by your criteria....no player has ever been "super clutch"....because as you said it happens to everyone.

My clutch just went out on my Honda yesterday. I have no Luck.

Clutch is a very subjective analysis in my book. I don't care what the stats say. The eye test is what matters.

Just stop. In the playoffs the Colts beat KC when Reid completely botched the second half after Luck handed KC the game in the first. They beat Cincy, whose playoff record isn't exactly legendary...oh wait, yes it is, but not in a positive way and Luck had a strong game in a legit win over Denver. He has also been an absolute turnover machine, even in the wins. You can look it up. The Bills of the last 5 years would EASILY have a .605 if they swapped spots with the Colts.

Am I saying he'll never do anything? No. Am I saying he has not yet lived up to the hype. Yes. Am I saying he is simply not in the top 3 clutch QBs in the NFL as of the end of last season? Abso-friggin-lutely. Will I be happy for him if he pulls it together and becomes a franchise QB someday? Sure. He seems like a good dude.

Okay I get it. Moments when Luck doesn't come through...he's not clutch.

Moments when he comes through, it's not because of Luck. It's because of Andy Reid. Hello double standard.

Yeah he turns the ball over but he still has nearly a 2 to 1 TD/INT rate. 132 TD's in his first 5 years....that's pretty impressive.

The thing is you're forgetting or not acknowledging is that the Colts roster is terrible. Grigson was probably the worst GM in the league before being fired and Ursay is an idiot. 1st round pick for Trent Richardson LOL! Yeah the AFCS is a weak conference but it's not like Luck has the Patriots talent level roster in this division. They don't have an offensive line or a defense. They haven't been solid for years in these areas.

Do you know what career splits are? They breakdown stats more than just your basic ones.

Luck is 25-11 in games decided by 7 points or less. Nearly 70% of the time, the Colts are winning games decided by 1 score or less. That's really impressive.

Luck also has the 3rd most 4th quarter comebacks since 2012 with 18.

The Bills wouldn't have EASILY at a .605 winning percentage if they were there.

You're saying that the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Tyrod Taylor and Kyle Orton would have collectively kept the Bills at .605........the same level as Andrew Luck? I think an argument can be made Luck isn't among the top 3-5 QB's in the league but putting him at the same level as our QB's listed above is really, really reaching.

You're doing the same thing.

Seriously, I thought the Andrew Luck hype was overrated. But you're just being annoying now. He is a top 10 qb who can be top 5. That would suck to have a qb like that.

Love this post!

Edited by Teeflebees

Mahomes isn't close to being ready. If he has to play this year, it's bad for the Chiefs.

I think he's got a good chance of being deactivated on game days.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andrew-luck-rated-as-nfl-s-3rd-most-clutch-quarterback-in-2016-011817

This link says the opposite....

Here's the issue with this list: Matt Stafford (the guy who had 8 4th Quarter Comebacks in 2016) is 21st on that ranking. 1 spot above Tyrod and 1 spot below Brian Hoyer. Clearly there is something wrong with the algorithm. Osweilier is 15, Brady is 14, and Kaep is 4...

I've got to admit that I've somewhat lost track of Luck after his rookie year. That probably means one of two things. Either he's not as good as most guaranteed he'd be. Or it disproves the theory that a franchise QB is the lone key to playoff birth.

I'm going to assume that the natives are getting a bit restless in Indianapolis.

I've got to admit that I've somewhat lost track of Luck after his rookie year. That probably means one of two things. Either he's not as good as most guaranteed he'd be. Or it disproves the theory that a franchise QB is the lone key to playoff birth.

I'm going to assume that the natives are getting a bit restless in Indianapolis.

He had one of his best statistical years last year.

31/13 TD/INT

4,000+ yards

63.5 %

96.4 rating

Okay I get it. Moments when Luck doesn't come through...he's not clutch.

Moments when he comes through, it's not because of Luck. It's because of Andy Reid. Hello double standard.

Dude. You've got a crush on him because the media told you to have one.

First of all if you watched the game against KC you wouldn't be giving Luck credit for it, but that is beside the point because it wasn't in 2016 anyway.

The article called him #3 clutch in 2016. That is BS. He blew the division in 2016 by missing two ridiculously easy plays. Another post above talk a little about Stafford, but since he was just anointed as a "good QB" he is not going to receive the praise being heaped upon Luck.

I actually feel bad for Luck because he did not create this crap on his own. I hope he comes through and becomes the true franchise QB that he has clearly not been so far. Because if he doesn't, the press that built him up will find a way to tear him down. It's not fair, but it is what they do. They can never admit that they were wrong.....it'll be Luck's fault.

This is the second time I've said it but this time I just have to mean it. I can't take the irrational views any more in a thread that is supposed to be about Darnold, so I may post in this thread again, but it won't be about Luck in any way.

Derek posted:

Either he's not as good as most guaranteed he'd be. Or it disproves the theory that a franchise QB is the lone key to playoff birth.

That sentence, spelling notwithstanding, is hard to refute, because it is undeniable. Yet people keep trying to deny and double down on it with Darnold. It really is silly.

Here is a little light reading on the topic:

Link

Edited by 4merper4mer

First of all if you watched the game against KC you wouldn't be giving Luck credit for it, but that is beside the point because it wasn't in 2016 anyway.

The article called him #3 clutch in 2016. That is BS. He blew the division in 2016 by missing two ridiculously easy plays. Another post above talk a little about Stafford, but since he was just anointed as a "good QB" he is not going to receive the praise being heaped upon Luck.

I actually feel bad for Luck because he did not create this crap on his own. I hope he comes through and becomes the true franchise QB that he has clearly not been so far. Because if he doesn't, the press that built him up will find a way to tear him down. It's not fair, but it is what they do. They can never admit that they were wrong.....it'll be Luck's fault.

This is the second time I've said it but this time I just have to mean it. I can't take the irrational views any more in a thread that is supposed to be about Darnold, so I may post in this thread again, but it won't be about Luck in any way.

Derek posted:

That sentence, spelling notwithstanding, is hard to refute, because it is undeniable. Yet people keep trying to deny and double down on it with Darnold. It really is silly.

Link

He had one of his best statistical years last year.

31/13 TD/INT

4,000+ yards

63.5 %

96.4 rating

Maybe we should split the thread for a separate discussion on Andrew Luck? LOL

He must really, REALLY not want to play for the Jets. :lol:

Seriously though, Andrew Luck stayed in school when he could have been the #1 pick. Some of these guys just love college that much and some are chasing a championship. USC probably isn't a bad place to spend a couple of extra years, especially when you are the team's star starting QB. :thumbsup:

I joked about it before but now I'm really concerned that he will come out the year after Brady retires and the Pats* tank to draft him. Just like with the Colts where Peyton missed the entire year before Luck came out and they go right from Peyton to Andrew Luck I can just see it happening with the Pats* and Darnold. Honestly, I'm so sick of the Pats*, if I had to choose between them or the Jets, I'd rather Darnold go to the Jets.

Edited by Talley56

Derek posted:

Link

LOL.....down by 28 in the 3rd quarter. They rally back which means there offensive execution has to be really on point and you won't give Luck credit?

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP!

Yes I watched the game and when you're down by 28, you have to go on an aerial assault just to catch up. Guess he lead that? It wasn't Andy Reid.

Again. Your entire argument that he's not clutch is based on two plays....TWO PLAYS! You're refuting other data because you stubbornly want to talk just about TWO PLAYS.

I thought after you stated Ragland would have been a 6th round pick if the Bills didn't take him in the 2nd, I didn't think you could say anything as ludicrous but looks like I was wrong.

And no, I don't have a crush on him. You don't have any other argument with any substance so you come up with comments like that.

Edited by Teeflebees