Darnold might stay in school for 2 more years

According to Daniel Jeremiah, Darnold might stay for one or two more seaons at USC. This is going to crap up on JETS' tank plans LOL. Are they willing to be bad for 3 more years? LOL go JETS!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000818303/article/what-we-learned-about-darnold-top-prospects-at-the-opening?campaign=tw-cf-sf95555414-sf95555414&sf95555414=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Jets have a new Logo as I hear:

tank-driver-fail-rollover.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Daniel Jeremiah, Darnold might stay for one or two more seaons at USC. This is going to crap up on JETS' tank plans LOL. Are they willing to be bad for 3 more years? LOL go JETS!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000818303/article/what-we-learned-about-darnold-top-prospects-at-the-opening?campaign=tw-cf-sf95555414-sf95555414&sf95555414=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Jets have a new Logo as I hear:

tank-driver-fail-rollover.jpg

...hell, he may even go to grad school so he can continue to avoid the Jesters....I would...............

NYPost has a story on it also. I didn't know that they tanked for Peyton Manning and he stayed in school LOL! OMG Pats fans must be loving this.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/05/next-years-nfl-draft-jewel-sounds-major-alarm-on-jets-tank/

...hell, he may even go to grad school so he can continue to avoid the Jesters....I would...............

And he just might, just like Peyton did.

It was always a possibility that he would return. It is impossible to know that he won't unless he's out of eligibility. Too much can happen between now and then - he's played a grand total of 9 games. He looks like a great prospect but I don't think the Jets are tanking for him, specifically. They are rebuilding in general. They could take Rosen or someone else. They could trade the #1 pick for a haul. They just knew they had to shed old, expensive vets and outside of a few guys, they haven't drafted well and just have a crap roster. I really never thought it was all about Darnold.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I said this before. He can and will choose when he wants to come out. I doubt he would come out next season if the Bills had the first overall pick.

....on the collegiate front: Barry Switzer said the only difference between coaching in the NFL versus Oklahoma was, " at Oklahoma, I didn't have a salary cap".....hmmmm..... :thumbsup:

It was always a possibility that he would return. It is impossible to know that he won't unless he's out of eligibility. Too much can happen between now and then - he's played a grand total of 9 games. He looks like a great prospect but I don't think the Jets are tanking for him, specifically. They are rebuilding in general. They could take Rosen or someone else. They could trade the #1 pick for a haul. They just knew they had to shed old, expensive vets and outside of a few guys, they haven't drafted well and just have a crap roster. I really never thought it was all about Darnold.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! How many times does the number one preseason prospect fall down draft boards? The Jets were in position to tank and they did, I'm not sure why Bills fans would find comfort in Darnold staying in school. If he stays in, chances are he isn't the top prospect anymore. Imagine if Ryan Leaf didn't declare the Chargers would have been so screwed, oh wait!

This is why it's foolish to put all your hopes in a QB draft class a year away. So many things could happen and that draft class can go from great to average pretty quickly

....at the same time, two 1sts in 2018 gives Buffalo a helluva lot of latitude......

OMFG these anointed guys! The guy throws like 3 good passes and the entire NFL has to come to a screeching halt to try to get him. It's pathetic. Look at Andrew Luck and the perennial loser Colts. They can't even win the AFC South consistently and they're about to get lapped by the Texans and Titans. They are toast. Meanwhile Manning won a Super Bowl and got to another after they abandoned him for what so far has been a big $20M nothing burger.

How about we let Darnold do something in the NFL before we call him a great NFL QB?

Edited by 4merper4mer