One thing that NOBODY can argue about

I had been trying to get them both into it since they were born. I even took them to camp years ago and they just wanted to do the kids stuff.

What finally got my older son into football was a friend asking him to join a fantasy football league he was starting last season. I helped him with the draft and during the season. But he decided to join.

I was actually the same way when I was my son's age. He is heavily into music, as I was. I was a big Mets fan, but I never really got into football much.

I didn't become an avid watcher/follower/fan of football - or the Bills, for that matter - until I was about 19.

I only made him promise me that he would be a Mets fan for life. I want him to be a Bills fan, but I don't want to be too pushy. Plus, let's face it, the Bills have sucked for his entire lifetime and him watching me watch the Bills on Sundays probably hasn't been much of an incentive.

Glad your boys came around, Doc. Fingers crossed my son will. In another year, I'll bring him to a game. If he's not hooked by then, that'll do it. Well, as long as Beerball doesn't show up, anyway.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue about it? Try me. I can argue anything. Here goes.

Tomorrow actually doesn't exist at all since it never actually comes. As soon as it becomes real, it is transformed to today and there is a new tomorrow instantly. Tomorrow is never actually real.

I just have one thing to say to that,

Jack!!!!

I was actually the same way when I was my son's age. He is heavily into music, as I was. I was a big Mets fan, but I never really got into football much.

I didn't become an avid watcher/follower/fan of football - or the Bills, for that matter - until I was about 19.

I only made him promise me that he would be a Mets fan for life. I want him to be a Bills fan, but I don't want to be too pushy. Plus, let's face it, the Bills have sucked for his entire lifetime and him watching me watch the Bills on Sundays probably hasn't been much of an incentive.

Glad your boys came around, Doc. Fingers crossed my son will. In another year, I'll bring him to a game. If he's not hooked by then, that'll do it. Well, as long as Beerball doesn't show up, anyway.

Kind of have the same thing in common. I was a big Yankees fan before I really started following the Bills. Still like baseball, but I can't bring myself to watch a full game anymore. Nothing beats the NFL.

No it isn't !

an you mispelled count down.

We should have some complicated filter so newbies cannot create new threads till somethingsomething or another.

You Must be another refuge doing a lamp post.

I see no statistical confirmation of your OPINION in regard to July being Tomorrow.

:nana:

Love ya John

well don't sir. well done

Can't argue about it? Try me. I can argue anything. Here goes.

Tomorrow actually doesn't exist at all since it never actually comes. As soon as it becomes real, it is transformed to today and there is a new tomorrow instantly. Tomorrow is never actually real.

just a concept huh

No it isn't !

an you mispelled count down.

We should have some complicated filter so newbies cannot create new threads till somethingsomething or another.

You Must be another refuge doing a lamp post.

I see no statistical confirmation of your OPINION in regard to July being Tomorrow.

:nana:

Love ya John

I wuv u back!

Too funny. I was the same way as you: into music, liked playing sports with my friends, followed the Yankees, but hated watching sports on TV. Then after going to college I became a huge football fan. I actually became a fan during the beginning of the 1990 season (I was 20) because the team was so fun to watch. I remember being home one Sunday watching the Bills play the Broncos at my best friend's house and they were down by 18 points. I left figuring the game was over and I wasn't all that much into it anyway, and when I got back to school I found out they won the game. I was amazed/impressed and from then on I was hooked. There was also some rivalry to it because there were a lot of Giants fans at school.

I had actually given up hope for my boys (although my younger son might never come around). Now my older one talks about football a lot (he's PISSED the Bills didn't draft Chad Kelly, LOL!), wants to throw the football around all the time, and even sleeps with it in his bed. I can't believe it's the same kid from even just a year ago.

I wuv u back!

I know Brother and am glad of it. :rolleyes:

I was misreading one of the early Greek calendars. They had three. hard for me to keep up

Been reading up on historical theory on Thebes.

Egypt

Land of Kem

Land of mystery and enigma.

really cannot find a football analogy to save my life here

Too funny. I was the same way as you: into music, liked playing sports with my friends, followed the Yankees, but hated watching sports on TV. Then after going to college I became a huge football fan. I actually became a fan during the beginning of the 1990 season (I was 20) because the team was so fun to watch. I remember being home one Sunday watching the Bills play the Broncos at my best friend's house and they were down by 18 points. I left figuring the game was over and I wasn't all that much into it anyway, and when I got back to school I found out they won the game. I was amazed/impressed and from then on I was hooked. There was also some rivalry to it because there were a lot of Giants fans at school.

I had actually given up hope for my boys (although my younger son might never come around). Now my older one talks about football a lot (he's PISSED the Bills didn't draft Chad Kelly, LOL!), wants to throw the football around all the time, and even sleeps with it in his bed. I can't believe it's the same kid from even just a year ago.

HEY I had a Son who was a Patriots fan.

Thank goodness he came to his senses! He has been a Raiders fan for many years now

He tells me he like the Bills too. i think he is just being nice.

By the time they get near thirty, they have figured it out.

and yes, how about them raiders last couple years?

But boy oh boy you got it made. Lucky dog. just another reason you have it good, why Kids are awesome !!

Edited by 3rdand12

HEY I had a Son who was a Patriots fan.

Thank goodness he came to his senses! He has been a Raiders fan for many years now

He tells me he like the Bills too. i think he is just being nice.

By the time they get near thirty, they have figured it out.

and yes, how about them raiders last couple years?

But boy oh boy you got it made. Lucky dog. just another reason you have it good, why Kids are awesome !!

I do. But poor kid is a Bills fan. :lol:

With regard to the posters who mentioned their sons interest/disinterest, this is a big year for me. Mine are 11 and 14 and full-on Bills fans, the young one more so than the older one. Coming up for the Broncos in September, it will be the first football game for both.

Not wishing away the summer, in fact I'm looking forward to my/our first visit to Wrigley next week, but training camp means that we're that much closer!

Go Bills!

With regard to the posters who mentioned their sons interest/disinterest, this is a big year for me. Mine are 11 and 14 and full-on Bills fans, the young one more so than the older one. Coming up for the Broncos in September, it will be the first football game for both.

Not wishing away the summer, in fact I'm looking forward to my/our first visit to Wrigley next week, but training camp means that we're that much closer!

Go Bills!

I can't make any promises, but I took both of my boys to Bills games when they turned 16. They are now hooked. The best part is I get texts from them almost daily, all year. The allure of tailgating at the age of 16 (with friggin' Jets fans saying "give that guy a beer!) may have been part of the appeal. Game day is special.

I can't make any promises, but I took both of my boys to Bills games when they turned 16. They are now hooked. The best part is I get texts from them almost daily, all year. The allure of tailgating at the age of 16 (with friggin' Jets fans saying "give that guy a beer!) may have been part of the appeal. Game day is special.

My young one might just sh*t himself game day. The older one is a quiet, studious non-athlete but even he gets into football and the Bills. The real hero is Mom for being fully on board and actually pushing for both Wrigley and the Bills. She could care less about sports except she knows how the rest of the household feels.

I don't want to subvert this thread, but a great young one story. We watched the 30 For 30 on the XFL and when it was over he told us he wanted a He Hate Me jersey for his birthday. Mom made that happen too.

can't wait for the first cuts

Isn't it like just one big cut down day?

That is going to put a halt to most of all our spirited debating over those last few guys who earn roster spots. We all have our favorites.