Chiefs Extend Andy Reid and Part Ways with GM Dorsey

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what Chiefs' coaching staff sees in Mahomes now that he's been in the camp with them and that had anything to do with this Dorsey move to trade for him.

So a big trade involving a future 1st round pick occurs and both GMs involved are fired within a couple months. Crazy.

at the time I thought he gave up a lot for a QB who's quite RAW. He could be one of those "he's 2 years away from being ready in 2 years"

@FieldYates

Amongst the Chiefs in-house GM candidates could be Mike Borgonzi. Profiles as a strong future GM with his pro and college background.

@AdamSchefter

Adam Schefter Retweeted Field Yates

Other in-house candidate expected to interview for Chiefs' GM job is their co-director of player personnel Brett Veach.

Hahahahaha Jeffismagic swore he was a genius...probably got fired for ruining the cap and dumb trade lol

You don't think Reid didn't have a major say in drafting Mahomes?

And if he turns into a franchise qb, it was a great trade. If not, it was a bad trade. I think he is in a perfect situation for a young qb. Time will tell.

Guest NeckBeard

This has probably already been covered, but DW ending up in KC would be a huge delight, and I say this as somebody who actually thought that DW was a serviceable GM.

KC and the Bills took more or less the same course in the offseason: rely on people to stock the roster, and then fire them. Yes indeed, while I did not see the firing happening in KC, it's like watching the Bills, but only on the other side of a mirror. Brilliant.

C'mon Beane, make something happen....add to the all-star front office we have assembled

This has probably already been covered, but DW ending up in KC would be a huge delight, and I say this as somebody who actually thought that DW was a serviceable GM.

KC and the Bills took more or less the same course in the offseason: rely on people to stock the roster, and then fire them. Yes indeed, while I did not see the firing happening in KC, it's like watching the Bills, but only on the other side of a mirror. Brilliant.

They didn't exactly fire him, they were going to let him work this season then not renew his contract...he asked to be relieved of his duties

If Mahomes turned into a franchise qb, Whaley would be great there. We have a lot of talent on this team. We just couldn't find an elite qb.

Guest NeckBeard

C'mon Beane, make something happen....add to the all-star front office we have assembled

They didn't exactly fire him, they were going to let him work this season then not renew his contract...he asked to be relieved of his duties

Did he really ask? That much has been unclear to me as I read sporting news on this afternoon.

Then again, I guess it's splitting hairs over not being extended then requesting your release, and building a team for 2017 then being let go. In the end, it's to the same effect as in Buffalo IMO. KC, like Buffalo, apparently didn't have faith in their FO, let them build a squad for the 2017 season, then fired them. #topnotch

Guest NeckBeard

If Mahomes turned into a franchise qb, Whaley would be great there. We have a lot of talent on this team. We just couldn't find an elite qb.

I actually like Mahomes, but still, firing the GM before a season, and after a draft, is clown shoes. It's a less visceral bloodletting than what took place in Buffalo after the draft, but still, it's an eye roller at best.

I think this probably tells us Reid was behind the trade. The truth in Philly seemed to be the more powerful Andy got the less successful the team was. Chaos ensuing and a 2-14 season would be nice. I don't see it though.

Edited by GunnerBill