Chiefs Extend Andy Reid and Part Ways with GM Dorsey

I think DW is done as GM, I think the consensus around the league is the he is a good scout but over his head as a GM. Classic example of the Peter Principle.

You have no idea what the consensus is. If Whaley goes on an interview, he can say Buffalo was a mess. The owners didn't know what we're doing; I had 2 coaches forced on me; the roster had a lot of talent minus the qb; & I worked for years in one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. It's just extreme wishful thinking from some bills fans.

"Mahomes must look awful in minicamp" 😂

He isn't getting a GM job any time soon and he'll be lucky to get another opportunity, IMO.

How hard would it be to Google some reports from the KC Star newspaper?

"Mahomes must look awful in minicamp" 😂

He isn't getting a GM job any time soon and he'll be lucky to get another opportunity, IMO.

He's not close to as bad as you and some posters make him out to be. He had 2 coaches forced on him and tried his best to make it work. The Bills have had a top 5 defense and top 10 offense under his watch, without having an elite qb. That's not terrible.

"Mahomes must look awful in minicamp"

1) I admitted that exact sentiment like 2 posts later

2) Mahomes on playbook: 'A lot harder than I thought' :lol:

Tyler Bray, not Patrick Mahomes, is the Chiefs’ No. 2 quarterback so far

And again, yes as a Bills fan I am certainly hoping he falls flat on his face.

Tyler Bray, not Patrick Mahomes, is the Chiefs No. 2 quarterback so far

Haha. So we are faulting a guy for being honest? I'm sure we can find quotes about Vince Young talking about how he completely understands the offense.

And Bray sucks. Mahomes will be the the number 2. And I also do hope they fall on their face. But imo, Mahomes couldn't have gone to a better situation to succeed.

You have no idea what the consensus is. If Whaley goes on an interview, he can say Buffalo was a mess. The owners didn't know what we're doing; I had 2 coaches forced on me; the roster had a lot of talent minus the qb; & I worked for years in one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.

He needs to take another job and do well. Then he will get more chances.

Tyler Bray, not Patrick Mahomes, is the Chiefs No. 2 quarterback so far

I second that sentiment. The higher the pick we get next year, the better our roster gets.hopefully a franchise QB will be in the equation. If not, we still have plenty of room to improve.

Haha. So we are faulting a guy for being honest? I'm sure we can find quotes about Vince Young talking about how he completely understands the offense.

And Bray sucks. Mahomes will be the the number 2. And I also do hope they fall on their face. But imo, Mahomes couldn't have gone to a better situation to succeed.

Smith should be the starter all year assuming he's healthy.

They'd be in a great position to move on in 2018. 3.6 mil cap hit to cut him outright (by the 3rd league day), or they can trade him and someone can absorb the 14.5 million base salary for a solid starting QB. He should still fetch a decent asset.

@JasonColeBR

Ex-Chiefs GM John Dorsey told a source within past 2 months that he was "butting heads" with owner Clark Hunt recently. Didn't say why

@NFLosophy

NFL Philosophy Retweeted Jason Cole

This Dorsey departure comes as a surprise to me. He's well known around the league as a terrific talent evaluator.

Smith should be the starter all year assuming he's healthy.

They'd be in a great position to move on in 2018. 3.6 mil cap hit to cut him outright (by the 3rd league day), or they can trade him and someone can absorb the 14.5 million base salary for a solid starting QB. He should still fetch a decent asset.

Agree, though I don't think Smith will be a starter in this league after this year. KC has maxed out his potential and no fanbase would get excited about him being their starter. But he would get plenty of opportunities being the best backup qb in the league.

Agree, though I don't think Smith will be a starter in this league after this year. KC has maxed out his potential and no fanbase would get excited about him being their starter. But he would get plenty of opportunities being the best backup qb in the league.

I could see him doing solid things for a few more years in SF with Shanahan (If they can't pull Cousins away from DC). He's certainly an upgrade to Hoyer.

"Mahomes must look awful in minicamp"

He can't mask his poor drafting.

You know I agree with you a lot but I completely disagree. Reid runs that offense. He constructed an offense around Alex Smith. He hides smith and has finally realized Smith just isn't good enough. If anything, I think Reid was the one who wanted Mahomes and the GM wouldn't.

Its all good bud, again, you asked me about what I thought about Reid on the decision. Im not saying Reid was totally against it or anything, and this is just my opinion, doesn't mean I am right, just like its your opinion he was on board for it fully. Only Reid knows the answer.

Doesn't mean he was totally against Mahomes, I just find it hard to believe if someone said to Reid you can have a 2 first round picks and a 3rd thats as valuable as a 2nd in this deep draft for your SB contending team...or you can have this QB with a great arm but terrible foot work and mechanics who won't help you get closer to a SB for probably at least 3 years...that he would choose Mahomes. With their cap situation, in 3 years that roster is likely going to need a lot more than Mahomes to contend.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Its all good bud, again, you asked me about what I thought about Reid on the decision. Im not saying Reid was totally against it or anything, and this is just my opinion, doesn't mean I am right, just like its your opinion he was on board for it fully. Only Reid knows the answer.

Doesn't mean he was totally against Mahomes, I just find it hard to believe if someone said to Reid you can have a 2 first round picks and a 3rd thats as valuable as a 2nd in this deep draft for your SB contending team...or you can have this QB with a great arm but terrible foot work and mechanics who won't help you get closer to a SB for probably at least 3 years...that he would choose Mahomes. With their cap situation, in 3 years that roster is likely going to need a lot more than Mahomes to contend.

The rumors were that Reid saw similarities to a young Brett Favre and became enamored with Mahomes

Sounds like a solid plan. I wonder what Whaley's response will be when they ask about his comments on Rex being like his soulmate, & the two of them being so in tune with each other that they were completing each other's sentences. I'm thinking something along a deer in headlights.

You have no idea what the consensus is. If Whaley goes on an interview, he can say Buffalo was a mess. The owners didn't know what we're doing; I had 2 coaches forced on me; the roster had a lot of talent minus the qb; & I worked for years in one of the most successful franchises in all of sport

He can say that if he wants to sound like a person who doesn't take accountability for his performance. Do you think owners around the league didn't see his very poor public performances in his press conferences?

So if Mahomes does not succeed he must not be very good. Correct?

I think i get what you are saying, it is like Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. The right fit. Reed and Mahomes is a good fit.

If you need DW to be a talent evaluator, and a guy who signs off on a board, then yes, I think you might be right. If you have a coach/GM tandem, like what they have in NE, and seems like what they have now in Buffalo (and will have in KC probably), then I could see DW getting a gig as GM, if the GM's sole responsibility is to evaluate talent and make recommendations to the HC. Somebody else here also said something similar, and I was just underscoring that point, because I agree.

True but his inability to get along with his coaches or to subordinate himself or his opinions would likely make him less attractive to someone like Andy Reid. That's why I think he is better suited as a head of scouting than as a GM but you could be right.

He can say that if he wants to sound like a person who doesn't take accountability for his performance. Do you think owners around the league didn't see his very poor public performances in his press conferences?

Belichick is awesome at press conferences. That stuff is completely meaningless.

And Whaley has been a lot more classier since he got fired than I would be. But since most NFL people view the Bills organization as a joke, I'm guessing he will get another chance.

Sounds like a solid plan. I wonder what Whaley's response will be when they ask about his comments on Rex being like his soulmate, & the two of them being so in tune with each other that they were completing each other's sentences. I'm thinking something along a deer in headlights.

You gotta do what you gotta do.