Raiders sign Carr to 5 year/125 mill extension

What?

Ryan Tannehill improved every year and had a franchise caliber year in his third year. Then when he regressed a little bit after, they stuck with him because of what they saw previously.

Yes...that is why at one point Tanny's career there was serious discussion on not only whether to give him that big contract but whether they should move on from him altogether.

Because he was improving.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flacco contract took the Ravens from Super Bowl Champs to 31-33 over a 4 year span.

Correct. And the Luck contract has doomed the Colts to failure until he is gone.

This is the swing that will happen in the NFL. I can foresee the QB glory being severely diminished. Only large market teams, with the exception of Green Bay due to their heritage, will be allowed to have their QBs call penalties and such like Brady. After a few teams like the Raiders, Ravens, Cardinals, and Colts shoot themselves in the foot with big big contracts to decent QBs, the league take the total spotlight off the QB. It won't disappear but it will be less. The only good QB "strategy" is to only pay a below average salary and build the rest of the roster or strike gold on the rookie contract.

One Father Time with his hands on Ed Reed and Ray Lewis

They wouldn't have been able to afford both in their prime if Flacco wasn't on his rookie contract.

I was thinking about starting a thread asking what the worst QB contract was? Basically if any team could wipe that QB contract off their books who would benefit the most? I think that it would be a fun discussion if we can exclude Osweiler. I'd think Glennon would be up there, maybe Palmer at this point? I haven't really dug into it but it would be interesting.

Overpaid (total Value)

Brock Osweiler $72,000,000

debatable

Luck $122,970,000

Andy Dalton $96,000,000

Ryan Tannehill $77,000,000

Mike Glennon $45,000,000

The Bills are 15-14 when he starts. He has over 6000 yards passing in 29 games. but he never passes the ball. Just runs runs runs......

201 ypg. 25th of 32 That's another fail btw. Wrong thread bruh.

6,000 whole yards !! Takes Brees 1 year to do that. Please stop trying.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

But because of the contracts, it does even out quite a bit. RT has a slight chance of becoming a top 10 qb while I don't think TT has a shot at all. Obviously, JMO.

So the guy with 77 career starts has a better chance to improve than the guy with 29 starts? Makes no sense.

So the guy with 77 career starts has a better chance to improve than the guy with 29 starts? Makes no sense.

Yes. Tannehill converted to qb his last 2 years in college while Taylor has played the position straight throw. He is a rawer qb than Taylor. When you add in the size and ability to play from the pocket, there is no question that RT is more likely to become a top 10 qb than an undersized, running qb who struggles to complete passes from the pocket.

I don't think either of them will ever be top 10 qbs and probably should be replaced soon.