Raiders sign Carr to 5 year/125 mill extension

And even though a lot of folk have tried to rewrite history sense he mainly struggled through 10 games.

He did have his struggles his rookie year. 3-13, 58% passing on 5.5 yoa, which is awful. It's also one of the reason you let young qbs play and don't keep tanking them when they struggle at first.

I only saw Carr's bowl game and was wildly underwhelmed. But he looks like a stud. Good for him and the Raiders.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the AFCW teams beat each other all the time. Yet we've seen in recent history Denver holding the W/L edge v NE*

Denver had the defense to hold NE in recent history or the playmakers on defense to do so.

I feel NE's defense is always underrated due to Brady, they were number one in scoring defense last year and held a team that averaged 33 PPG to 21 in the Superbowl and kept them in the game to comeback.

I should have said they would have most likely lost. Just my honest opinion.

@cianaf

Raiders and Lions went through last season relying on fourth quarter wins against bad teams, seems obvious sign for regression.

Yea I'm not sure it's sustainable. Stafford had 8 last season and Carr had 7. If you look at Rodgers and Brady, they had 1 and 2 respectively. I think I put Carr in that Stafford type category.

When you start 0-10 progress is to be expected.

Carr's maturation as a QB though has been fantastic to watch. Have they gotten him some help? Sure, but the accuracy on some of those passes is amazing. He also has gotten better each year with his reads, progressions, and who he gets the ball to. I wish we had a QB like that. :thumbsup:

I would be: Jameis, Mariota, Carr I think (that's always subject to change though in the event I look like an idiot)

Why is Jameis so high? He plays with Mike Evans, who is an animal and catches everything. Mariota beat him in every stat category with Matthews as his number 1 wR.

Yea I'm not sure it's sustainable. Stafford had 8 last season and Carr had 7. If you look at Rodgers and Brady, they had 1 and 2 respectively. I think I put Carr in that Stafford type category.

Fair assessment but I think Carr is much better than Stafford. Watched quite a bit of him last year(have a couple buddies who are Raiders fans) and he reminds me a lot of Rodgers when he first took the helm in GB

Carr's maturation as a QB though has been fantastic to watch. Have they gotten him some help? Sure, but the accuracy on some of those passes is amazing. He also has gotten better each year with his reads, progressions, and who he gets the ball to. I wish we had a QB like that. :thumbsup:

They also let him play through his struggles. Basically, the opposite of how the Bills have handled young qbs for 17 years.

I'd take Mariota over any QB to come into the league since Luck.

I wasn't evaluating the Luck draft but of those that I have (the last 4) Mariota is the best QB grade I have given. I see nothing in the pros so far to make me reconsider. I LOVE where the Titans are heading. Bookend young tackles, a stud young QB and the best young receiver in this last draft. If Derrick Henry kicks on that is one special load of young talent on offense and as long as the Godfather is there coordinating the defense they will make enough plays on that side.

Why is Jameis so high? He plays with Mike Evans, who is an animal and catches everything. Mariota beat him in every stat category with Matthews as his number 1 wR.

I don't know is the answer. I love Mariota. When I see Jameis it looks like a guy that will throw 45 TDs and win playoff games. There is something about Jameis and this is from someone that didn't used to be a fan. That's probably not the strongest answer but it's a feeling I guess. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't know is the answer. I love Mariota. When I see Jameis it looks like a guy that will throw 45 TDs and win playoff games. There is something about Jameis and this is from someone that didn't used to be a fan

I think with Jameis, it's a faith that he'll be assertive when it matters the most. He might sound like an idiot but, on the field, he's one of the most cerebral QB's in the league.

I'd also have them ranked the same way that you did.

I don't know is the answer. I love Mariota. When I see Jameis it looks like a guy that will throw 45 TDs and win playoff games. There is something about Jameis and this is from someone that didn't used to be a fan

Fair and he has shown to be a winner. Apparently, he is a football genius. It also seems to be a very dumb human being off the field.

I was never a fan but if he wasn't a moron, he was the best qb prospect since Luck. I am really blown away by Mariota though. I do worry injuries may be a big part of his story. But he is really, really good.

I'd take Mariota over any QB to come into the league since Luck.

I wasn't evaluating the Luck draft but of those that I have (the last 4) Mariota is the best QB grade I have given. I see nothing in the pros so far to make me reconsider. I LOVE where the Titans are heading. Bookend young tackles, a stud young QB and the best young receiver in this last draft. If Derrick Henry kicks on that is one special load of young talent on offense and as long as the Godfather is there coordinating the defense they will make enough plays on that side.

People can say what they want about Chip Kelly's less than stellar NFL career. But when the Ducks noticed him in HS. Then recruited hard for him. And Kelly started him as a true freshman. Fans were stunned. It was nuts. We were living in Duck country at the time. And we got a lot of MM exposure. I Wished hard for him too become a Bill. Like that would happen.

He is a hard working guy. Keeps his mouth shut and just plays. That said Winston certainly is impressing in the league. The Tampa Bay game will be way tougher than some may predict.Buffalo better have a defense ready.

Carr good for him.