Raiders sign Carr to 5 year/125 mill extension

I don't know is the answer. I love Mariota. When I see Jameis it looks like a guy that will throw 45 TDs and win playoff games. There is something about Jameis and this is from someone that didn't used to be a fan. That's probably not the strongest answer but it's a feeling I guess.

Agree and same I didnt always love him.

Jameis is going places but I still think Carr is right there with him.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true.

Their offense improved and improved again.

The Raiders outscored their opponents last year by 31 points. If you take the EJ game out of the equation the Bills outscored their opponents by 41 points. The Bills also had a tougher strength of schedule (at least going into the year, I'm not sure how it ended). The Raiders record is a bit of a mirage. They are primed for regression.

The Raiders outscored their opponents last year by 31 points. If you take the EJ game out of the equation the Bills outscored their opponents by 41 points. The Bills also had a tougher strength of schedule (at least going into the year, I'm not sure how it ended). The Raiders record is a bit of a mirage. They are primed for regression.

No way.

i wonder if losing their OC will have any effect. They elevated the QB coach Todd Downing (fka EJ's QB coach with the Bills) - it was by choice, as they didn't renew Musgrave. but Downing's never done it.

I agree that they are primed for regression. They won a lot of close games last season as well. However, if Carr continues to progress they will be in good shape. The Raiders might have a franchise QB. That puts them light years ahead of us. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I think Michael hit the nail on its head with this one.

@MichaelJKist

25mil is the new 20mil for QBs, if you expect to keep your QB for Glennon money you're gonna end up with Glennon as your QB.

Ha ha, if you read that tweet while looking at a side by side picture of Glennon and Napoleon Dynamite it is a lot funnier.

I may be in a very small minority but I don't love Carr as a prospect. I'd rather Winston and Mariota (and maybe others). Carr is good but he's a guy that I can certainly see regressing.

I don't know how many young qbs I do fully trust at this point.

It feels like we haven't seen many step up long term. If you use someone like Rodgers as the turning point -- Brady, brees, Big Ben, rivers, used to have manning and of course Rodgers....

younger than Rodgers as a 33 yr old 11 year vet leaves Wilson and Cam who are both very good. Carr who is trending up... kaepernick, rg3, tannehill, bridgewater (not his fault). A lot of super green prospects. It feels like no one wants to step up into that generational role that you compare to the all time great qbs, despite being the passing era.

Example-- for MNF which qb matchups really get you amped up in the young class like manning vs Brady did 10 years ago? Where you knew turning it on would be a great, maybe all time great, game?

I don't know how many young qbs I do fully trust at this point.

It feels like we haven't seen many step up long term. If you use someone like Rodgers as the turning point -- Brady, brees, Big Ben, rivers, used to have manning and of course Rodgers....

younger than Rodgers as a 33 yr old 11 year vet leaves Wilson and Cam who are both very good. Carr who is trending up... kaepernick, rg3, tannehill, bridgewater (not his fault). A lot of super green prospects. It feels like no one wants to step up into that generational role that you compare to the all time great qbs, despite being the passing era.

Example-- for MNF which qb matchups really get you amped up in the young class like manning vs Brady did 10 years ago? Where you knew turning it on would be a great, maybe all time great, game?

It takes time. I think we're all subject to a little recency bias.

Brady and Peyton were both in the league for 5-6 years and had met in the playoffs and won rings before their rivalry was truly established. Contrast that with a guy like Luck, who has still "only" been in the NFL 5 seasons and Cam 6. Now, neither of those guys have replaced the rivalry, but they are the oldest of the new young QB's.

Once the old guard is truly "gone" we will see 4-5 years of Luck versus Carr, Winston and Cam, Luck versus Mariota and it will grow organically.

That and Peyton versus Brady was the best QB rivalry in 20-30 years. Hard to top that, no matter who it is.

It takes time. I think we're all subject to a little recency bias.

Brady and Peyton were both in the league for 5-6 years and had met in the playoffs and won rings before their rivalry was truly established. Contrast that with a guy like Luck, who has still "only" been in the NFL 5 seasons and Cam 6. Now, neither of those guys have replaced the rivalry, but they are the oldest of the new young QB's.

Once the old guard is truly "gone" we will see 4-5 years of Luck versus Carr, Winston and Cam, Luck versus Mariota and it will grow organically.

That and Peyton versus Brady was the best QB rivalry in 20-30 years. Hard to top that, no matter who it is.

I think that you are right and Luck is going to have to grow into that role. He's been the guy that has been assumed as the next guy carrying the torch. The league needs Luck to continue to progress and be the next top guy.

I may be in a very small minority but I don't love Carr as a prospect. I'd rather Winston and Mariota (and maybe others). Carr is good but he's a guy that I can certainly see regressing.

I like all 3 but I'm a sucker for Winston's intangibles for whatever reason. I think he's the guy I see leading the heroic 2 min drive to win the Superbowl.

You know Whaley's laughable explanation about how he's drawn to EJ and his presence? That's sort of how I feel about WInston. He's a natural leader in a way Mariota and Carr aren't. He's magnetic.

Still love Carr and like Mariota. I'd rank them Winston, Carr, Mariota.

I think that you are right and Luck is going to have to grow into that role. He's been the guy that has been assumed as the next guy carrying the torch. The league needs Luck to continue to progress and be the next top guy.

He was right on track until a Bill ruptured his kidney in 2015. We may be responsible for the next 10 years of boring MNF matchups. If we can't enjoy the NFL, no one can.

I like all 3 but I'm a sucker for Winston's intangibles for whatever reason. I think he's the guy I see leading the heroic 2 min drive to win the Superbowl.

You know Whaley's laughable explanation about how he's drawn to EJ and his presence? That's sort of how I feel about WInston. He's a natural leader in a way Mariota and Carr aren't. He's magnetic.

Still love Carr and like Mariota. I'd rank them Winston, Carr, Mariota.

Said the same thing about Jameis. It's hard to put a finger on it but he "feels" like the guy. This may not make sense but Watson has those same intangibles but not the physical skills. When he got the ball back in the National Championship I firmly believed he was going to will them to victory. Jameis just seems like that. It's probably not the strongest argument but I just trust him.

Said the same thing about Jameis. It's hard to put a finger on it but he "feels" like the guy. This may not make sense but Watson has those same intangibles but not the physical skills. When he got the ball back in the National Championship I firmly believed he was going to will them to victory. Jameis just seems like that. It's probably not the strongest argument but I just trust him.

I think Whaley was just watching the wrong FSU tape the whole time.