Raiders sign Carr to 5 year/125 mill extension

Not the biggest RT fan in the world but he is coming off a season completing 67% for 7.7 ypa, both career highs. He is asked to do much more than TT to win.

I think RT is the better qb because he has shown the ability to develop as a passer. He is overpaid but Miami didn't really have a choice.

With all due respect.....a couple of things

- Miami was in fact patient with RT which we dont see hear in Buffalo....they put up with him sucking for him to get to last year's stats (of which he did not complete the season due to injury)

- This whole "TT doesnt do as much as other qbs" thing....I dispute this. He doesnt do as much with his ARM.....but he is in fact a huge part of our offense with his running ability and the touchdowns that he himself scores....not to mention takes care of the ball and has a extremely low amount of turnovers which in itself is a very useful talent

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Miami was in fact patient with RT which we dont see hear in Buffalo....they put up with him sucking for him to get to last year's stats (of which he did not complete the season due to injury)

- This whole "TT doesnt do as much as other qbs" thing....I dispute this. He doesnt do as much with his ARM.....but he is in fact a huge part of our offense with his running ability and the touchdowns that he himself scores....not to mention takes care of the ball and has a extremely low amount of turnovers which in itself is a very useful talent

1) they were patient with RT because they invested a 1st round pick in him. He also may have been rawer than TT at qb because he played wr his first couple years in college.

The bigger, 1st round pick will be given a bigger leash than a 6th round, FA who is undersized (and TT has been given a long leash here).

2) we limit the amount TT can throw and he is a 2 or 3 read qb.

Not the biggest RT fan in the world but he is coming off a season completing 67% for 7.7 ypa, both career highs. He is asked to do much more than TT to win.

I think RT is the better qb because he has shown the ability to develop as a passer. He is overpaid but Miami didn't really have a choice.

He still has 2 less TDs and double the INTs in the same amount of games and a worse record over the last 2 years. Their offense didn't skip a beat while he was out. Can't say the same for the Bills.

I was thinking about starting a thread asking what the worst QB contract was? Basically if any team could wipe that QB contract off their books who would benefit the most? I think that it would be a fun discussion if we can exclude Osweiler. I'd think Glennon would be up there, maybe Palmer at this point? I haven't really dug into it but it would be interesting.

RT's third year was franchise QB material and thus he got a longer leash.

100% agreement in regards to Miami and RT.

I was thinking about starting a thread asking what the worst QB contract was? Basically if any team could wipe that QB contract off their books who would benefit the most? I think that it would be a fun discussion if we can exclude Osweiler. I'd think Glennon would be up there, maybe Palmer at this point? I haven't really dug into it but it would be interesting.

JaMarcus Russell, Daunte Culpepper, Scott Mitchell, and Sam Bradford all come to mind.

I'm not sleeping on Glennon right now. I dont think he deserved his contract but I think he could live up to it. Super unpopular opinion though.

RT's third year was franchise QB material and thus he got a longer leash.

Im sorry but that doesnt make any sense

How does a team even know that the 3rd year is the magic year of when Tanny develops into a "franchise" qb....by the way....I dispute that....Ryan Tanny is not a franchise qb

Maybe the simple answer is that starting qbs that dont suck are so hard to find that they stuck with Tanny due to lack of options....and were finally rewarded with some solid qb play (up until he was injured)

He still has 2 less TDs and double the INTs in the same amount of games and a worse record over the last 2 years. Their offense didn't skip a beat while he was out. Can't say the same for the Bills.

I'm not biggest RT fan in the world but I would bet a lot of money that the majority of NFL teams would prefer RT over TT.

That said, I would try to replace both of them next year if they don't progress.

How does a team even know that the 3rd year is the magic year of when Tanny develops into a "franchise" qb....by the way....I dispute that....Ryan Tanny is not a franchise qb

Maybe the simple answer is that starting qbs that dont suck are so hard to find that they stuck with Tanny due to lack of options....and were finally rewarded with some solid qb play (up until he was injured)

He was a first round pick.

I'm not sleeping on Glennon right now. I dont think he deserved his contract but I think he could live up to it. Super unpopular opinion though.

I like Glennon some but they're giving him $15M or whatever and drafted his replacement. Why not just throw $5M at someone like Chase Daniel to keep the seat warm? It wouldn't be a bad deal if the plan was for him to play.

I'm not biggest RT fan in the world but I would bet a lot of money that the majority of NFL teams would prefer RT over TT.

We differ here. I don't think Tannehill has accomplished anything that Taylor hasn't despite a lot more opportunity. The wildcard aspect of Taylor is more appealing than the shortcomings of Tannehill. It be 50/50 at worst IMO.

What?

Ryan Tannehill improved every year and had a franchise caliber year in his third year. Then when he regressed a little bit after, they stuck with him because of what they saw previously.

We differ here. I don't think Tannehill has accomplished anything that Taylor hasn't despite a lot more opportunity. The wildcard aspect of Taylor is more appealing than the shortcomings of Tannehill. It be 50/50 at worst IMO.

I guess we disagree and I think more GMs would buy into what RT is/ could become more than TT. I'm not a big fan of either and would rather have a prospect in the draft next year though.

But because of the contracts, it does even out quite a bit. RT has a slight chance of becoming a top 10 qb while I don't think TT has a shot at all. Obviously, JMO.

The Flacco contract took the Ravens from Super Bowl Champs to 31-33 over a 4 year span.