Raiders sign Carr to 5 year/125 mill extension

I got the same as I got out of your last 100 posts. Trolling of anyone who dares to suggest Tyrod is not the long term answer at Quarterback by misrepresenting their opinion or avoiding engagement with their argument.

The ignore feature works great. My day yesterday was peaceful. As will today and tomorrow etc

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are 15-14 when he starts. He has over 6000 yards passing in 29 games. but he never passes the ball. Just runs runs runs......

when he and the team, where the QB carries most of the load, start beating the playoff caliber teams, then those stats may hold water. until then, they mean nothing but 8-8 and 7-9 in his two seasons as the starting QB.

he didn't pass it well enough. look, I'm willing, unlike some, to give TT this season to prove he can step up his pass game and I believe he may under a new staff. but to continually use stats to try and either say he's better than he is or to compare him to any other QB is a waste of time. the only, yes only stat that matters is wins. yes, we know, the defense did not help but it is a team sport and there are games where he could not make the plays. if he can get back to 2015 form and pick up his passing game he'll continue to hold his position as a gap QB for another season or two. if not, you'll be speaking of him in past tense in 2018.

take a hint man, stop defending him so relentlessly and stop bringing him up in every thread.

TD to INT and total passing yards

Rookie, 2nd then 3rd season

21 over 12, 3270 yards
32 over 13, 3987 yards
28 over 6, 3937 yards

4th year veteran

20 over 6, 3035 yards
17 over 6, 3023 yards

Which guy would you choose?

take a hint man, stop defending him so relentlessly and stop bringing him up in every thread.

Good luck with that.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Up and coming qb but Carr still has much more to prove. 25m per year is a little much but it won't be long before 30m is the standard for top level qbs. Taylor's contract looks to be a bargain right now.

This is true.

If he stays at his current level of near 4K per season passing and a 30 to 10 INT ratio and 10 win seasons, he'll be worth it.

@theMMQB

Carr is the highest-paid player- for now. @AlbertBreer on why the real game-changing QB contracts are yet to come: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/22/derek-carr-raiders-new-contract-highest-paid-nfl-player

Tyrod bet on himself alright. He could be looking at a $20 million payday if he performs as well as he thinks he can. Then the contract restructure will look stupid for the Bills.

Tyrod bet on himself alright. He could be looking at a $20 million payday if he performs as well as he thinks he can. Then the contract restructure will look stupid for the Bills.

I think the Bills would be ecstatic if Tyrod plays well enough to command that kind of money.

Up and coming qb but Carr still has much more to prove. 25m per year is a little much but it won't be long before 30m is the standard for top level qbs. Taylor's contract looks to be a bargain right now.

I would gladly have the Bills pay that kind of money for Carr. You shouldn't be excited about bargains at the qb position.

I think the Bills would be ecstatic if Tyrod plays well enough to command that kind of money.

Of course they would, as will everyone who "hates" on Tyrod because they don't feel he is a franchise qb.

But it's hard to have a ton of faith in a smaller qb who struggles to pass from the pocket in a passing league. But we all would love to see TT prove us and the Bills wrong.

21 over 12, 3270 yards, 3.5% TD%, 2.0% INT%, 5.5 YPA, 76.6 RAT, 4.82 ANY/A, 210.2 tYPG, 1.31 TD per Game

32 over 13, 3987 yards, 5.6% TD%, 2.3% INT%, 7.0 YPA, 91.1 RAT, 6.31 ANY/A, 257.8 tYPG, 2.0 TD per Game

28 over 6, 3937 yards, 5.0% TD%, 1.1% INT%, 7.0 YPA, 96.7 RAT, 7.20 ANY/A, 267.2 tYPG, 1.87 TD per Game

4th year veteran

20 over 6, 3035 yards, 5.3% TD%, 1.6% INT%, 8.0 YPA, 99.4 RAT, 7.10 ANY/A, 257.4 tYPG, 4 Rush TD, 1.71 TD per Game

17 over 6, 3023 yards, 3.9% TD%, 1.4% INT%, 6.9 YPA, 89.7 RAT, 6.07 ANY/A, 240.2 tYPG, 6 Rush TD, 1.53 TD per Game

I added a couple things in case anyone wanted to make a more informed decision. In no way do I think Tyrod is a better QB than Carr at this point, but using gross stats without even the context of games played or attempts seems silly. Based on the stats alone, Tyrod's best year isn't all that different from Carr's, and Tyrod's worst year isn't as bad as Carr's (albeit rookie) year. Why don't we revisit when we have a 3rd year of Tyrod data?

This is true.

If he stays at his current level of near 4K per season passing and a 30 to 10 INT ratio and 10 win seasons, he'll be worth it.

I know I'm nitpicking at this point, but he's gotten 30 TDs once, He's had 10 or fewer INTs once, and he's had one 10 win season. I like his career trajectory so far. It'll be interesting to see how the roster around him is impacted, if at all, by his new cap hits over the next few years.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

21 over 12, 3270 yards

32 over 13, 3987 yards

28 over 6, 3937 yards

4th year veteran

20 over 6, 3035 yards

17 over 6, 3023 yards

Good luck with that.

Holy homer alert!!! Are some folks honestly trying to compare Carr to Tyrod??? Carr was forced to play his rookie year on a terrible Raiders team. He is forced to carry the offense with his arm. Tyrod sat behind a SB winning qb for 3 years, started on a team that was 9-7 the year before him, and his job is not to screw up. Completely different worlds.

Here's some career stats:

Player A: 237 tds, 175 INTs, 3.7 int %

Player B: 508 tds, 336 INTs, 3.3 int %

Player C: 157 tds, 91 INTs, 2.2 int %

Based on this, you probably want player C. Well, C is Alex Smith, B is Farve, & A is Jim Kelly. Elite qbs are going to turn the ball over because they play to win/ are asked to win games. Stop blindly looking at stats.

Tyrod is a serviceable NFL starter who is a .500 type qb who doesn't really move the needle one way or the other. Carr is forced to carry the Raiders. There is no comparison to their job descriptions.

I added a couple things in case anyone wanted to make a more informed decision. In no way do I think Tyrod is a better QB than Carr at this point, but using gross stats without even the context of games played or attempts seems silly. Based on the stats alone, Tyrod's best year isn't all that different from Carr's, and Tyrod's worst year isn't as bad as Carr's (albeit rookie) year. Why don't we revisit when we have a 3rd year of Tyrod data?

I know I'm nitpicking at this point, but he's gotten 30 TDs once, He's had 10 or fewer INTs once, and he's had one 10 win season. I like his career trajectory so far. It'll be interesting to see how the roster around him is impacted, if at all, by his new cap hits over the next few years.

I have no problems with discussing opinions.

1) yes, sure I posted minimal stats but all in all great stats do not always = points one he board.

It's great to have a running game, but in a passing league, passing TD's are what sets some teams apart. If the situation calls for it, with less than 2 minutes and 90 yards and a needed 6 points, unless the RB gets a 50 to 60 yard run you'll need the ability to pass and score.

2) Lets settle on 29 and 9 then :beer:

Holy homer alert!!! Are some folks honestly trying to compare Carr to Tyrod??? Carr was forced to play his rookie year on a terrible Raiders team. He is forced to carry the offense with his arm. Tyrod sat behind a SB winning qb for 3 years, started on a team that was 9-7 the year before him, and his job is not to screw up. Completely different worlds.

Here's some career stats:

Player A: 237 tds, 175 INTs, 3.7 int %

Player B: 508 tds, 336 INTs, 3.3 int %

Player C: 157 tds, 91 INTs, 2.2 int %

Based on this, you probably want player C. Well, C is Alex Smith, B is Farve, & A is Jim Kelly. Elite qbs are going to turn the ball over because they play to win/ are asked to win games. Stop blindly looking at stats.

Tyrod is a serviceable NFL starter who is a .500 type qb who doesn't really move the needle one way or the other. Carr is forced to carry the Raiders. There is no comparison to their job descriptions.

Holy homer alert!!!

I asked which stats you'd like to see. Me personally, I'd like to see 30/10.

Since you asked

Jim Kelly followed by Alex Smith then Farve.

IMO Favre was too irregular. When he was hot he was very very good, but when he was bad he was like Fitz.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Those huge contracts for QB's are going to continue to kill franchises.. Its the most important position but if Carr was to take another serious injury that's a lot of coin that eats away at at a franchise for years... Most QB's are not long term durable either

Are we seriously turning this thread into another Tyrod thread.. C'mon people get a grip

1) yes, sure I posted minimal stats but all in all great stats do not always = points one he board.

It's great to have a running game, but in a passing league, passing TD's are what sets some teams apart. If the situation calls for it, with less than 2 minutes and 90 yards and a needed 6 points, unless the RB gets a 50 to 60 yard run you'll need the ability to pass and score.

Holy homer alert!!!

Absolutely correct. In fact, over the past 3 years Buffalo has outscored Oakland by 93 points!

Those huge contracts for QB's are going to continue to kill franchises.. Its the most important position but if Carr was to take another serious injury that's a lot of coin that eats away at at a franchise for years... Most QB's are not long term durable either

Are we they seriously turning this thread into another Tyrod thread.. C'mon people get a grip

yes, yes they are...

Holy homer alert!!!

Since you asked

Jim Kelly followed by Alex Smith then Farve.

IMO Favre was too irregular. When he was hot he was very very good, but when he was bad he was like Fitz.

Smith over Farve????? Well, I think it's to early to start drinking but to each their own. No driving though buddy!

when he and the team, where the QB carries most of the load, start beating the playoff caliber teams, then those stats may hold water. until then, they mean nothing but 8-8 and 7-9 in his two seasons as the starting QB.

he didn't pass it well enough. look, I'm willing, unlike some, to give TT this season to prove he can step up his pass game and I believe he may under a new staff. but to continually use stats to try and either say he's better than he is or to compare him to any other QB is a waste of time. the only, yes only stat that matters is wins. yes, we know, the defense did not help but it is a team sport and there are games where he could not make the plays. if he can get back to 2015 form and pick up his passing game he'll continue to hold his position as a gap QB for another season or two. if not, you'll be speaking of him in past tense in 2018.

This..........

Smith over Farve????? Well, I think it's to early to start drinking but to each their own. No driving though buddy!

Again, as I said when Farve was bad he was like Fitz and INT machine.

We all (I think) loved when Fitz was throwing TD's when in blue and we all hated him when he was an INT machine.

If you do the 1st hard enough you'll end up with both! :D

:D :D :beer: