Raiders sign Carr to 5 year/125 mill extension

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your thinking was correct, the Saints would jump at a Brees for TT trade straight up.

By the same token the Cardinals would jump at it. The Browns would trade Osweiler for him yesterday. The Dolphins would rather have TT and the extra space. It depends on the guy and the contract. Like anything there are no absolutes.

By the same token the Cardinals would jump at it. The Browns would trade Osweiler for him yesterday. The Dolphins would rather have TT and the extra space. It depends on the guy and the contract. Like anything there are no absolutes.

The Dolphins don't need a running QB with their RB performances from last season.

imo They need a slightly better version of Ryan Tannehill. (not that I'd want to see that)

Carr's maturation as a QB though has been fantastic to watch. Have they gotten him some help? Sure, but the accuracy on some of those passes is amazing. He also has gotten better each year with his reads, progressions, and who he gets the ball to. I wish we had a QB like that. :thumbsup:

Well, if he could play against Rex every week, he'd rewrite the record book.

Re Carr/EJ

I highly doubt we would have developed Carr as well as the Raiders did. QBs don't become great in the NFL in a vacuum, imo. The Bills have a terrible track record when it comes to QB development.

Todd Downing has been Derek Carr's QB coach and OC since 2015. He was EJ Manuel's QB coach in 2014. I don't think QB coaching matters as much as people think it does.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19705425/derek-carr-finalizes-megadeal-oakland-raiders

$125 Million over 5 years

Carr, 26, is now under contract through 2022. His extension's average salary of $25 million will make him the NFL's highest-paid player in terms of new money average.

28 over 6, the more I read it the more I am impressed.

The Dolphins don't need a running QB with their RB performances from last season.

imo They need a slightly better version of Ryan Tannehill. (not that I'd want to see that)

My point was TT & the contract difference > Tannehill (he's better without the contract difference to a lot of people)

My point was TT & the contract difference > Tannehill (he's better without the contract difference to a lot of people)

Not the biggest RT fan in the world but he is coming off a season completing 67% for 7.7 ypa, both career highs. He is asked to do much more than TT to win.

I think RT is the better qb because he has shown the ability to develop as a passer. He is overpaid but Miami didn't really have a choice.