Buffalo Bills top 50 plays during drought years (2000-2016)

mileena

Good to see Moulds and Freddie here.

I can't help but wonder how productive Moulds would have been with a better QB situation and how much more Freddie would have been if he played behind a good offensive line.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Moulds....but he kind of frustrated me his last few seasons. After having that first monster year with Bledsoe, I kind of felt he started to work almost as hard at trying to get officials to throw flags, as he did trying to catch the ball. I just remember getting so frustrated as he would be yapping at the officials, almost while the ball was sailing over his head...seem like he kind of sloughed off in his later years.

That is a great video...brings back a lot of great memories. Sad that I can remember specific games, plays and players from the 80's and 90's better than the blur that has become the 21st century Bills. There have been some moments...I'd probably put Sam Adams at #1, but I won't quibble.

I was reminded too, how fantastic Bledsoe, Moulds and Price were in 2002. That pass TD in OT, Bledsoe to Price, against the Vikings (#4 on the list) was a real NFL QB kind of throw...the kind that not every QB can make.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when are we putting together the list of the 50 most heartbreaking plays of the drought? It is the drought of course.

#1 has to be the Music City Miracle ever though it's not technically part of the drought.

A few others: Stevie and Chandler fumbles in Toronto against Atlanta. Trent Edwards getting rocked in Arizona. JP jets fumble. Bryce Brown fumble out of the end zone against KC. Browns Monday nighter FG. Dallas Monday nighter FG. Broncos rushing the kicker on the field to win the 2007 opener. Leo fumble against Pats in 2009 opener. Steve blame God drop. Willie Parker running wild in 2004. Gilliselee not fielding kick off in New York in 2016 finale. Bully Joe Hobart not studying playbook game. Jags last minute TD in London. JJ Watt Pick 6 off of EJ. Bills shut out in snow against Browns. Rex punting in overtime lat year to end season and his coaching career.

Keep it going...

Many may have forgotten it, but I still hate the Travis Henry option pass that got intercepted in the end zone in Miami on Monday Night Football in 2003. Team looked awesome the 1st 2 games, but it all went downhill from there.

Not ashamed to say I watched all of this. Amazing job on the video.

Florence pick-6 against the pats should be on this tho.

Yes that resulted in a fan explosion I have never heard before. It seemed to go on forever. Awesome game to be at.

Edited by cba fan

The offense was god awful from that game forward.

Bledsoe should've been gone after that year. He was beyond bad.

So eight games of production wasn't worth surrendering a 1st round pick? Ultimately it was another swing and miss for Donahoe.

So when are we putting together the list of the 50 most heartbreaking plays of the drought? It is the drought of course.

#1 has to be the Music City Miracle Forward Lateral ever though it's not technically part of the drought.

A few others: Stevie and Chandler fumbles in Toronto against Atlanta. Trent Edwards getting rocked in Arizona. JP jets fumble. Bryce Brown fumble out of the end zone against KC. Browns Monday nighter FG. Dallas Monday nighter FG. Broncos rushing the kicker on the field to win the 2007 opener. Leo fumble against Pats in 2009 opener. Steve blame God drop. Willie Parker running wild in 2004. Gilliselee not fielding kick off in New York in 2016 finale. Bully Joe Hobart not studying playbook game. Jags last minute TD in London. JJ Watt Pick 6 off of EJ. Bills shut out in snow against Browns. Rex punting in overtime lat year to end season and his coaching career.

Keep it going...

Fixed

You're telling me the Dallas Monday night finish or Leodis fumble weren't heart breaking? Maybe the word is painful

"Painful" is def closer than "heartbreaking".

Yeah that monday night dallas was a tough one. I'll give you that.

a) Terrance McGee was the best kick returner the Bills have ever had

b) Eric Moulds was a machine. Sammy looks like the same kind of player if he can stay healthy.

c) Chan Gailey could sure draw up some nice pass plays.

d) What in the world possessed the Bills to dump Lynch and draft Spiller?

e) Gus Johnson is the best

Edited by vincec

a) Terrance McGee was the best kick returner the Bills have ever had

b) Eric Moulds was a machine. Sammy looks like the same kind of player if he can stay healthy.

c) Chan Gailey could sure draw up some nice pass plays.

d) What in the world possessed the Bills to dump Lynch and draft Spiller?

e) Gus Johnson is the best

a) Without question.

b) If only Moulds had consistency at the QB position. Sammy is exciting and can become very dominant, He just needs to stay healthy.

c) Gailey had a good offensive mind.

d) Because Lynch was/is an idiotic jerk. One more strike and he would have been suspended for an entire season. The Bills could not risk that chance. I also tend to wonder how much Lynch wanted to be in Buffalo.

e) Listening to him was great.

What about leodis' pr touchdown in the game against the Broncos in 2010 or 2011.

I looked, could not find a video link of it. There was a window where Leodis McKelvin was as dangerous as Devin Hester, but it didn't last.

#1 has to be the Music City Miracle ever though it's not technically part of the drought.

Keep it going...

FYI, Billy Joe Neckbert was a few years before MCM. Just sayin'.

Thanks, Mark. Lol. Also Billy Joe game was 1997. That needs to come out too :)

Beat me to it.

• 1 month later...

https://youtu.be/CUR5QIV_np8

Hope link works, a great video put together of the best plays over the playoff drought years. Credit to the guy that put this together. Its a long one, but I enjoyed it very much and thought I would share with you guys so you could enjoy as well. A great positive video to watch starting the 2017 season off. One thing I will say after watching....Terrence Mcgee could put together his own highlight reel, wow that guy was a great kick returner and cb. Share your thoughts. I have another one as well but I won't beat a dead horse and don't want to get flamed lol. Enjoy

I don't think I saw that on there, also didn't think Florence int return was either. And 50 plays since 1999? Lord that was almost 20 years ago lol, a lot can happen in 20 years. My favorite is the Freddie run which put us in position to beat the Brady ran Patriots in a meaningfull game, the only one I can remember us winning that mattered. The Monday Night football highlights vs the Cowboys was great as well, but we all know how that ended. One of the most disappointing games I ever watched

I am boycotting all drought-driven lists, countdowns and drafts. Forward.

I can understand that. Still great to see for the ones who are not boycotting lol

I don't think I saw that on there, also didn't think Florence int return was either. And 50 plays since 1999? Lord that was almost 20 years ago lol, a lot can happen in 20 years. My favorite is the Freddie run which put us in position to beat the Brady ran Patriots in a meaningfull game, the only one I can remember us winning that mattered. The Monday Night football highlights vs the Cowboys was great as well, but we all know how that ended. One of the most disappointing games I ever watched

I can understand that. Still great to see for the ones who are not boycotting lol

Freddie actually caught a quick slant on that play and ran it too the 1 yard line