St. Doug Laying the Groundwork

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think that St. Doug has some mild form of success with the Jags. That defense should be solid and Fournette has the chance to be a game changer. Fournette could also open up a new world for Bortles and those WR's. They are also in the AFC South which isn't the toughest of divisions. Don't be surprised if they are in contention come December.

Ultimately reading this article makes me realize nothing's changed with the man. His way or the highway still.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars-hc-doug-marrone-wants-his-players-to-have-coachability-and-availability-moving-forward/448473836

God forbid a professional sports head coach wants "coachability and availability" from his professional players. Lol.

Is that really too much to ask of grown men who make millions upon millions of dollars? I mean, that is exactly what they're paid for.

Seriously, is there really an issue with this statement?

"“If you’re not coachable, you’re not going to be able to play," Marrone said on Tuesday. "If you’re not available, you’re not going to be able to play. Biggest mistake I can make as a head coach is put somebody out there that isn’t ready or hasn’t practiced. I’m letting the fans down, I’m letting the team down, I’m letting you down, I’m letting everybody down.""

I hope McDermott is the same way, because you know who else has been that way? Belichick, Parcells, Lombardi and some of the best coaches in the history of the NFL. That's why they win.

(And it's been a huge reason why the Bills don't win.)

I actually think that St. Doug has some mild form of success with the Jags. That defense should be solid and Fournette has the chance to be a game changer. Fournette could also open up a new world for Bortles and those WR's. They are also in the AFC South which isn't the toughest of divisions. Don't be surprised if they are in contention come December.

I don't see it. On his side of the ball, IMO, it was some of the worst offensive game planning I've seen in our drought. He had a defense offensive coaches dream about and did squat with it. The Jags defense won't touch the 2014 Buffalo Bills. Maybe the 2013 Bills but then Doug is screwed.

I'm as big a Marrone basher as anyone around here, and I don't find anything unusual or cringe-worthy about what he said. St. Doug did bring a measure of accountability to the Bills -- he was just also a huge douche and had no concept of how to run a professional offense.

The lengths people will go to besmirch somebody who broke their heart.

Find me a single fan who feels that way. I believe the feeling from most fans is disdain for a guy who quit on his team. It's not as if Vince Lombardi walked out the door (which would have been heartbreaking).