St. Doug Laying the Groundwork

Maybe if they had kept Fitz one more season they would have passed on EJ and drafter Carr the next season? What if game, it doesn't matter I know but still.

Shot gun hand off up the gut, shot gun hand off up the gut. 3rd and 12. 2 yard dump off to running back. Punt.?

you rang ?

Marrone putting players in the "doghouse" was him putting in a culture of discipline. Belichick puts players in the dog house all the time.

His first challenge as a rookie HC wasn't good and that means he sucks? Yikes, McD is on a short leash.

Urbik ? really ? Moving Pears to guard?

dude was/is a nut bucket.

But I do agree he did turn the culture around a tinch. Mucho needed too. But Bills were THAT bad btw.

Great call OTG... coughlin and Marrone seem to me like oil and oil. I don't know if coughlin is a talent finder, but his daily schedule detailed to the bowel movement should synchronize well with Marrone's no nonsense approach

seems like a synergy should be found between them. To be fair ( darnit i hate that) Marrone might well develop into a good head Coach. Especially with like minded mentor in Tommy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're just wrong. Just as fans continue to talk about former players, they will talk about former coaches. I still don't think there are many (if any) fans who believe St. Doug was on the cusp of leading the Bills to greatness.

I wish he stuck around.

I wish he stuck around.

...we'll never know if he would have worked out....but with the top dawgs in the opposition corner, he really had no choice but to take his $ 4 mil booty and run.....not that it matters now, but Jax HC gig may tell you more about his prowess...............

Opting out is not quitting. I'm not sure how many times you need to have this told to you. When Lebron opts out of the last year of his contract, it's not quitting. It seems a simple concept.

I don't care if you're an optimist or pessimist. I just want you to be honest about why you hate Marrone. Its because you feel like he left you at the altar and no candle can compare to the sun.

If you decide to leave your job when your boss doesn't fire you then you quit. Try to redefine it if you want but he quit. He said take this job and shove it and make the check payable to Marrone. He didn't opt out to renegotiate as players do.

Belichick is probably the most scheme-flexible coach in the NFL - the exact opposite of Doug Marrone. Belichick will take a backup, or third-string QB and do his best to come up with a game plan that will ensure victory - the exact opposite of Doug Marrone. They could not be more different, honestly.

Sure I can see Belichick winning 4 or 5 Superbowls with that roster. Lots of versatility there and ah ah um um yah. :thumbsup:

Edited by manbeast

If you decide to leave your job when your boss doesn't fire you then you quit. Try to redefine it if you want but he quit. He said take this job and shove it and make the check payable to Marrone. He didn't opt out to renegotiate as players do.

....keep in mind Pegula offered him a 4 year, $19.6 million dollar extension and he told Terry, "I'll get back to you"....Pegula called Marrone when he heard nothing and Doug said he was at the Mall shopping for his wife's Christmas gift and reiterated, "I'll get back to you".....next up was adios...........

That's actually exactly what he did. Opted out of his last year and became a free agent. Just like the players.

Edited by jmc12290

...but Doug hasn't called "Modell NIGHT Moving & Storage" to skip town yet either.............. :thumbsup:

He admitted he made a mistake opting out if his contract

Well there's always the idea of winning the offseason.

:)