Turnover on this team is staggering.

maroon opted out, so can't blame anyone there. The big mistake was hiring Rex which necessitated a scheme change. Mcdermott would have to be a catastrophe for them to make another quick change.

started when they fired Wade Phillips in 2000. every 2-3 yrs a new coach, new scheme, new players. hmm i wonder why we never made the playoffs during that time

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That revolving door is why I stopped buying active player jerseys. My B. Smith #78 will never, ever go out of style. Unless he kills his ex wife and a waiter. But even then...

I got a Darby jersey and as an LSU fan I'm obligated to get 27 this year! I only wear them around the house on Sunday's or to the bar if we want to be social for a game.

Well we had a roster of 53. 23 UFAs, 5 RFAs, plus cuts like AW and Graham makes up a pretty high %.

....seemed like an abnormal number of one year deals in 2016.....throw in Wrecks and his "of dire necessity (COUGH)" scheme change for good measure......

this is because our owner hired the wrong coaches.... I'd blame Whaley but Pegula's did the most of the coach hiring damage IMO

Can't change schemes every 2 years and expect anything different. Can't chase players for one scheme and think they can all carry over to the next

You simply can not change head coaches every two years. To much turn over and drafting the wrong defensive player that doesn't fit OUR NEXT coaches defense

34- 43-34-43-34

Been beating this drum for years

Edited by THE SLAMMER

If the average life span of an NFL career is five years you're bound to see ELEVEN new players each season. Add to that a few short term veteran free agent acquisitions and a couple of 'normal' injuries and that number will go up fast!

So when you throw the additional 4-5 players who don't fit either schema-wise or personality-wise over the first two years of a new coach it really does set you back. Makes your drafts and player depth look worse. Plus changes the players you need to acquire. What would have happened to the roster had we continued with Rex? Found a way to sign gilmore and gilislee? The new coaches/OBD folks have nothing invested in them and are more willing to find their own guys via open competition. We just haven't given them the time to put a full roster together. I am hoping the Pegs has learned that he needs to give them some rope.

So when you throw the additional 4-5 players who don't fit either schema-wise or personality-wise over the first two years of a new coach it really does set you back. Makes your drafts and player depth look worse. Plus changes the players you need to acquire. What would have happened to the roster had we continued with Rex? Found a way to sign gilmore and gilislee? The new coaches/OBD folks have nothing invested in them and are more willing to find their own guys via open competition. We just haven't given them the time to put a full roster together. I am hoping the Pegs has learned that he needs to give them some rope.

....why did Schwartz make a smooth transition from Pettine whereas Wrecks could NOT?....Jim made use of the existing personnel yet the blowhard demanded a re-make...result?...top 5 to #19......bigger number is better I presume (COUGH)...............

started when they fired Wade Phillips in 2000. every 2-3 yrs a new coach, new scheme, new players. hmm i wonder why we never made the playoffs during that time

New ownership, and I believe they learned from the Rex Wreck. We'll see...

you change coaches and schemes and you have to get players to fit those schemes. when you change coaches every 2 years it's hard to get the right players. something the Bills obviously don't understand.

Actually they do, which is why Terry cleaned house completely and turned everything over to McDermott. Now we have a clear vision, bringing in great Front office staff, and putting players in place that can play our systems

I dont know how it will work out, but we are at least trying to do it the right way now

you change coaches and schemes and you have to get players to fit those schemes. when you change coaches every 2 years it's hard to get the right players. something the Bills obviously don't understand.

I mean - they might now? They did fire like everyone to start fresh.

I think the idea is - stop changing coaches/gms/systems every 2 years.

I won a bet with a friend last year and he owes me a jersey. I have so many former players in my closet its not funny. I even have Hughes, Dareus and Tyrod in terms of current. I am thinking of going with a drought related jersey, but it's proving a bit tricky. Any good suggestions for name plate and number combos? Thinking Drought #17, but it'll quickly become a duct tape jersey as we approach 20 years. Maybe NoPlayoffs 00?

Thoughts?

Put the name of the Buffalo News three stooges on it since you are fan of repeating drought number. They do same thing in every column to pad number of words.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/6/15/15807950/is-cardale-jones-already-in-danger-of-being-released

"In mini-camp practices, Jones is getting fewer reps than the rookie QB, Peterman. When practicing a two-minute drill, Jones' first pass was off-target and intercepted, and he wasn't given an opportunity to run another play."

Lol... seems like he has about as much chance to make the roster as i do. The year off under club rex clearly didn't help him grow/evolve.

Edited by dneveu

If we improve over last year it may be due to Rex's loading up the team with his ex-Jets and homeboys. I just did a quick eyeball of the rosters, and there are so many changes it's unbelievable. I hope that the new regime is legit and knows better how to judge talent. I know some of the losses are good players, like Gilmore and Gilislee, but how will we live without Leger Douzable and Idehego (sp)? What about that guy who punched Geno Smith? He's gone too! Will miss him.

I see a future in which there are 11 players on the field on every play. I see coaches making challenges based upon real observations and upstairs paying attention. I don't see Marcel Dareus dropping back into coverage. I see Reggie Ragland knocking Gilislee onto his backside. I see Lawson blindsiding Brady and Brady considering retiring in the middle of a game. I see a healthy Sammy Watkins getting 1400 yards and 15 touchdowns.

But then again, I just dropped a handful of shrooms.

Any trip the shrooms fantastic. Are the fire flies kicked in yet?

Well we had a roster of 53. 23 UFAs, 5 RFAs, plus cuts like AW and Graham makes up a pretty high %.

Plus we had some significant injuries to starters forcing us to sign a lot of street FAs....Now neither those injured starers nor the street FAs are around.

I think our issue is going to be depth.

When making out the 53 and surveying the cuts the Bills would make there are no shocking names. Most of the guys i've never heard of.

If we lose a starter or two were pretty much screwed.

If everyone stays healthy we may have a shot at a playoff birth, but based on past history with this team's injuries I'm not keeping my hopes up.