Post pics of something from your childhood.....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL you and me both

Prior to the box we had the rotary antenna

We'd tune into (from Roch) Buffalo, Syracuse and later at night Toronto TV to watch "racy" TV shows.

to have mom or dad scream at me --- What the hell are you watching!!!

We had an antenna like the one pictured on a rotor. The main purpose of our rotor was Hockey Night in Canada. Glued to the TV every Wed and Sat night, could even make a quick bathroom run during the game because if you missed something, you missed it. No replay put a lot of strain on the bladder. I just now remembered when if first started to be implemented, you could only get a replay during the period breaks or after the game. So I am thinking the first delayed replays came somewhere around 65-67.

anyone else remember these? wish i still had mine, i think i was one or two stickers short of a complete album.

the books that the stickers came in

loblaws_5.jpg

I still have that, along with the hockey stickers we would get from Loblaws.

$_35.JPG$_1.JPG

40654084_614.jpg

This was my stereo as a teen! 8 track and all...

Couldn't find a picture of mine, but I did find a video, I had this bad boy right up through college. Even had it modified to connect a CD player to it....

Six pages in and no one mentioned these? Unless of course I missed it.

G.I.%20Joe%2019642.jpeg

I had them (see Rat Patrol jeep above). My best Christmas present ever was when I unwrapped a two foot high package, and it was a stack of GI Joe uniform and accessory boxes.