Nate Peterman - weak arm? I don't think so!

Its not good for QB's drafted in any round including the 1st round IMO.

The BIlls have struggled finding a QB in any round or via FA and now have a late round QB/T T coming the closest we have been to a real QB in years. So its hard to convince me Peterman is already destined for backup duties.

with all due respect commonsense.

I wasn't saying he is destined for back up duty, I was responding to Kirby. Saying that it was on him to make carve a role out for himself or fail.

I don't think very highly of Peterman so I won't speculate on where he ends up!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't saying he is destined for back up duty, I was responding to Kirby. Saying that it was on him to make carve a role out for himself or fail.

I don't think very highly of Peterman so I won't speculate on where he ends up!

That's fine in theory but there isn't going to be an opportunity outside of injury. He won't start this year and if Tyrod isn't going to be the guy moving forward they are taking a guy in 2018 to be "the guy." The path isn't there.

That statement shows zero faith in the new coaching staff. If they did indeed get a steal in the 5th round it's their jobs to figuere it out sooner than later. I think he sucks, but that statement is pretty sad. Sure the road isn't paved but he can still drive down it.

He's also referring to the reps that Peterman will get in practice. Doesnt sound like McD is running parallel drills to give more reps to the qbs. So by that virtue alone Peterman will get less chance than Yates to claim the job.

He's also referring to the reps that Peterman will get in practice. Doesnt sound like McD is running parallel drills to give more reps to the qbs. So by that virtue alone Peterman will get less chance than Yates to claim the job.

McD may look at Nathan Peterman as more of a project despite all the pro ready claims. Yates already knows the O which could put him in the best position to become Taylors backup. Early on it appears Peterman needs to throw with more velocity as many have pointed out and it may take some time getting him up to speed. So perhaps holding a clip board for a season or two, bulking up and possibly adjusting his throwing mechanics a little to get more zip on the football might be the best case scenario for Nathan Peterman IMO.

The NFL has evolved over the years and continues to do so making it easier for a good signal caller like Peterman to get overlooked in my humble opinion. The landscape is changing as the power forward style QB begins to gain more of a foothold in the NFL. Some say QB's like Jim Kelly and Dan Marino would struggle in this day and age because of low wonderlic scores and it appears many GM 's share this belief. This perception has altered the QB position all the way down to the high school level in my humble opinion. QB's have gotten smarter because of it , but how many athletes like Taylor never get a chance. It took Barry Sanders like running capabilities, a cannon arm with good accuracy, and one hell of a work ethic to get Tyrod Taylor where he is today. Starting QB and fearless leader of the Buffalo Bills.

with Peterman/plan B on the back burner...

Edited by Figster