Nate Peterman - weak arm? I don't think so!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say that about all later picks. Everyone can always justify the reason that ____ is different. Logan Thomas had the skill set, Skelton had the arm, McCarron had the intangibles, Brennan had the numbers but they all end up sucking. We try to justify "our guy as different" but as of now it's not likely. There's a reason that he went in the 5th and it's not because scouts expect him to be a good pro QB. 7 guys were taken ahead of him including CJ Beatherd. If Peterman turns out good we should be thrilled. The numbers say though, good would be a career like McCarron and great would be a career like Tyrod. That's the reality of late round QBs. The sample size is large enough.

CJ Beatherd is terrible. I agree with the rest of your post though.

Folks need real expectations for a 5th rounder.

He needs a pitching mound out there. I hope Cardale steps up and keeps this kid off the roster.

FWIW Cardale did not get a shot with the 11 on 11 red zone group. And was not mentioned by SD in his press conference regarding QB depth.

Just saying that a team (and QB guru) had more confidence in Beatherd than Peterman.

Yeah, that was a surprise pick for sure. Whenever I saw him, he looked almost undraftable. But Kyle's rep is pretty solid so we'll see.

Not enough mustard, yet completions,

ok...

It's 7 on 7. Fairly Meaningless.

Yeah, that was a surprise pick for sure. Whenever I saw him, he looked almost undraftable. But Kyle's rep is pretty solid so we'll see.

It's 7 on 7. Fairly Meaningless.

Meaninful enough to critique Peterman's arm strength...

I am wondering if the wording is a bit off on this

I am wondering if what he MEANT to say is that most of Peterman's throws are fine EXCEPT the ones that require him to throw to the outside hash

That's what it means. Follows on from an earlier tweet about deep outs lacking oomph.