Nate Peterman - weak arm? I don't think so!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Peterman is EXACTLY the QB that we thought he was coming out? Thanks for the update!!!

Oh, come on. It's not like anyone here said Peterman was going to start for the Bills and become a franchise QB. That's just silly talk.

:rolleyes:

@SalSports

My Bills Day 3 minicamp notes are coming. But I wanted to get this part out there about Nathan Peterman first, since many ask about him:

DCYfz1cXkAAgJdD.jpg

I mean, yeah. I don't think anyone excited for his potential expected him to come into his first training camp sporting new biceps. I am happy to hear he's making mostly smart decisions, now we need to see if he can get more arm strength and get the ball out faster. Next year is when we get a good look at what we might have.

The thing with Peterman that some are missing is that he isn't getting the chance. Either Tyrod develops to a point that they want to roll with him or they draft a guy in the 1st next year and he gets the chance. There isn't a path, outside of injury, for Peterman to be the starting QB.

The thing with Peterman that some are missing is that he isn't getting the chance. Either Tyrod develops to a point that they want to roll with him or they draft a guy in the 1st next year and he gets the chance. There isn't a path, outside of injury, for Peterman to be the starting QB.

I trust McD when he says it is open competition

BUT

If all he ever ends up being is Frank Reich I still think that it was a draft pick well spent

That statement shows zero faith in the new coaching staff. If they did indeed get a steal in the 5th round it's their jobs to figuere it out sooner than later. I think he sucks, but that statement is pretty sad. Sure the road isn't paved but he can still drive down it.

If all he ever ends up being is Frank Reich I still think that it was a draft pick well spent

If you get a 10-year backup who can give you some spot starts along the way with a 5th round pick, I'd say you've gotten good value.

That statement shows zero faith in the new coaching staff. If they did indeed get a steal in the 5th round it's their jobs to figuere it out sooner than later. I think he sucks, but that statement is pretty sad. Sure the road isn't paved but he can still drive down it.

Its easy to say a 5th round draft pick will become a backup at best and be correct because its typical of QB's drafted in any round IMO.

Its easy to say a 5th round draft pick will become a backup at best and be correct because its typical of QB's drafted in any round IMO.

That speaks to the quality of the QB's that are still available in later rounds. We have all seen the statistics for quaterbacks drafted outside the first round, it's not good. Any quarterback with a marginal chance of success is scooped up many picks ahead of their actual talent level.

Oh, come on. It's not like anyone here said Peterman was going to start for the Bills and become a franchise QB. That's just silly talk.

:rolleyes:

Whats even more silly is thinking we can predict a QB's ceiling before he even hits an NFL playing field against opposition in my humble opinion PTR.

....if he wasn't up to speed by DAY 3 of minis, he needs to go.......

...noodle arm...

...its hopeless...

That speaks to the quality of the QB's that are still available in later rounds. We have all seen the statistics for quaterbacks drafted outside the first round, it's not good. Any quarterback with a marginal chance of success is scooped up many picks ahead of their actual talent level.

Its not good for QB's drafted in any round including the 1st round IMO.

The BIlls have struggled finding a QB in any round or via FA and now have a late round QB/T T coming the closest we have been to a real QB in years. So its hard to convince me Peterman is already destined for backup duties.

with all due respect commonsense.

Edited by Figster

Its not good for QB's drafted in any round including the 1st round IMO.

The BIlls have struggled finding a QB in any round or via FA and now have a late round QB/T T coming the closest we have been to a real QB in years. So its hard to convince me Peterman is already destined for backup duties.

with all due respect commonsense.

I wouldn't say "no chance" but I am not ready to put him ahead of what the stats support (4% ish). There's always a chance but the at this point there is no evidence to deviate from the numbers.

Whats even more silly is thinking we can predict a QB's ceiling before he even hits an NFL playing field against opposition in my humble opinion PTR.

...noodle arm...

...its hopeless...

....EZ Big Dawg......I'm Italian and love my NOODLES....could be Fettucine Arm.......I'm in..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I wouldn't say "no chance" but I am not ready to put him ahead of what the stats support (4% ish). There's always a chance but the at this point there is no evidence to deviate from the numbers.

I understand, thanks for the polite responses.