James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

For some reason every President gets a pass on their campaign promises.

Were you calling for reporters to ask Obama about his broken promises?

Yeah. I would of loved for somebody to ask him why he didn't close Guantanamo Bay.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I would of loved for somebody to ask him why he didn't close Guantanamo Bay.

Because it's easy to make campaign statements when you don't have all of the facts.

Once in office, now educated about those held in Cuba, he realized the necessity.

Because it's easy to make campaign statements when you don't have all of the facts.

Once in office, now educated about those held in Cuba, he realized the necessity.

Agreed, but Trump knew before entering office he'd have to cut Medicaid in order to give the rich their tax breaks.

:ph34r: Comey implies he might not be human?

Transcript:

MCCAIN: Yeah, but I - I think it would intensely arouse my curiosity if the president of the United States said "We had that thing, you know" - I'd like to know what the hell that thing is, particularly, if I'm the director of the FBI.

COMEY: Yeah, I - I get that, Senator. Honestly, I'll tell you what - this is speculation, but what I concluded at the time is, in his memory, he was searching back to our encounter at the dinner, and was preparing himself to say, "I offered loyalty to you, you promised loyalty to me," and all of a sudden his memory showed him that did not happen, and I think he pulled up short.

That's just a guess, But I - I - had a lot of conversations with humans over the years.

https://youtu.be/-lnnGXp2cnI?t=10223

/s

Agreed, but Trump knew before entering office he'd have to cut Medicaid in order to give the rich their tax breaks. money back

fixed it.

A tax cut is not the government giving someone something, it's the government not taking as much.

Again, you are casting a lot of aspersions about me without knowing my position on this matter at all.

It shows your bias. It shows you're unable to look at this situation dispassionately.

Not a surprise. Just a shame.

The truth is, Comey said he was prompted to leak the memo after Trump tweeted on the 12th. But the NYT was running stories and quoting the same memo (which he admits to leaking to the Times) a day before the tweet. Was it perjury? Could very well be.

That isn't a stretch. That's the reality. Your refusal to admit it's even possible shows you're unwilling to be reasonable when it comes to looking at evidence in this matter.

You have serious/legitimate identity issues.

You know, it's pretty simple. If Comey felt he was being pressured and asked to stop an investigation it was his sworn duty to report that to his superior. He didn't. He can't have it both ways. Either he wasn't really pressured but is stating so now, or he was pressured and should face his actions via our court system.

When has the real estate industry produced a truly honest man?

I hear that federal workers that deal with watercraft transportation are tied to child prostitution rings. All of them.

You know, it's pretty simple. If Comey felt he was being pressured and asked to stop an investigation it was his sworn duty to report that to his superior. He didn't. He can't have it both ways. Either he wasn't really pressured but is stating so now, or he was pressured and should face his actions via our court system.

I hear that federal workers that deal with watercraft transportation are tied to child prostitution rings. All of them.

Rich in Ohio up to his old tricks?

Honest salesman vs sex on a watercraft. Holy logical leap.

But Trump admitted to Lester Holt he fired him because of the Russia thing. So that backs up Comeys contention. If you also want to prosecute Comey for not reporting this to the ethically challenged Jeff Sessions, good luck with that!

I don't know what that reason is...but he has one. This is the one context - marketing - where the Cheeto Dust Golem is a legitimate expert.

I think you give him too much credit. I used to believe that maybe I had been wrong about him and that he was some sort of evil genius. But that hair-brained theory has long run it's course. He's just a thin-skinned narcissist who simply cannot allow himself to let anything go uncontested.

I think you give him too much credit. I used to believe that maybe I had been wrong about him and that he was some sort of evil genius. But that hair-brained theory has long run it's course. He's just a thin-skinned narcissist who simply cannot allow himself to let anything go uncontested.

I've mentioned often since the election that he is essentially Obama with a bad combover.

Gorsuch appointment aside, he's a lifelong Democrat who is more interested in hearing himself speak than he'll ever be in the welfare of the country.