James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

Hard copy memos perhaps but Comey also testified that he had apprised 6 other high-ranking FBI officials on the details of his meetings with Trump. Details presumably contained in the memos.

And I agree there is definitely a level of vindictiveness as well. Comey was defamed and didn't take it lightly.

Yep, and he went tit for tat by calling Trump a liar several times.

Bottom line is Comey's a leaker and he did what he did with the expressed intent to trigger a Special Prosecutor Investigation.

If the FBM was doing its job this investigation matter would have been finished months ago.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have sworn I heard Jimmy say yesterday in the "open setting" that he gave the memo to his bud to give yo the NYT.

CORRECT. He said that exchange was on May 16, the date of the article I shared.

Bat **** Rhino insists that the exchange took place prior to that based on information NYT had, and thus Stretch committed perjury.

Cowardly? I thought he had balls doing it, admitting it, and calling the liar a liar.

That was my take.

He may serve at the "pleasure" of the Pres, but is duty and loyalty is to AMERICA.

Tell us how he stood up to his former boss, Loretta Lynch. And then let us know why he stopped the Hillary email investigation matter.

Real he-man he is. :thumbdown:

May be it did. But that doesn't mean they got the memo from Comey (your inference).

It was a memo. Other people had access to it. The NYT piece says it was confirmed by two people. The memo wasn't Comey's personal diary otherwise kept locked and under his mattress.

Your accusation of perjury here is wildly inconsistent with your apparent inability to infer anything from any other piece of information that has been brought to light in all of this.

You have a keen willingness to infer the worst based on information that would implicate anyone/anything opposing Trump/GOP. Information implicating Trump/GOP, on the other hand, is evidently impossible for you to process without thick, impenetrable skepticism.

Comey covered his ass well by handing out copies of the memo, so what does that prove? How many times has he leaked information? Somebody was,

Are we supposed to expect the FBI to do its job properly when the head of the department is tainting its people with he said, he said memo's to push a personal agenda? How about dealing in facts?

All this talk of clearing the room , where was this talk when Comey asked for privacy in an earlier setting? If Comey believed people close to Trump may have colluded with the Russian goverment then wouldn't it make perfect sense to have these kind of discussions one on one in private?

Edited by Figster

I'm guessing Comey only leaked the "memo" to cover his ass and refute any alternate truths being told.

Had he not been fired we'd have never know about them.

This isn't a corporate boardroom where the CEO can tell someone to drop a project.

This is the real world Donny. Get with the program or quit.

Comey covered his ass well by handing out copies of the memo, so what does that prove? How many times has he leaked information? Somebody was,

Are we supposed to expect the FBI to do its job properly when the head of the department is tainting its people with he said, he said memo's to push a personal agenda? How about dealing in facts?

All this talk of clearing the room , where was this talk when Comey asked for privacy in an earlier setting? If Comey believed people close to Trump may have colluded with the Russian goverment then wouldn't it make perfect sense to have these kind of discussions one on one in private?

Comey explained why he cleared the room. It was literally one of the first things in his testimony. Looking forward to DT's explanation.

The rest of your questions are leading and nonsensical, quite frankly.

I'm guessing Comey only leaked the "memo" to cover his ass and refute any alternate truths being told.

Had he not been fired we'd have never know about them.

This isn't a corporate boardroom where the CEO can tell someone to drop a project.

This is the real world Donny. Get with the program or quit.

No reason to guess. That's literally what he said.

Tell us how he stood up to his former boss, Loretta Lynch. And then let us know why he stopped the Hillary email investigation matter.

Real he-man he is. :thumbdown:

Comey publicly stated he was investigating the the Hillary emails (again). That statement may or may not have handed Donny the Electoral College majority.

Was he right in doing so?

Was he fired for doing so?

Did the president at that time get all up in arms about it?

The drive by posters sure show up when there is absolutely nothing to say and sensationalize ****.

Why is anyone bothering to give a **** about this circus show and witch hunt in DC?

Idiots

The drive by posters sure show up when there is absolutely nothing to say and sensationalize ****.

Why is anyone bothering to give a **** about this circus show and witch hunt in DC?

Idiots

Because our President might be compromised by a foreign power

Idiots

Nothing gets accomplished when both parties care more about doing damage and damage control in my humble opinion.

with all due respect Boyst 62

Because our President might be compromised by a foreign power

Doug stones real name is Doug brooks. But he went to Nashville the same year garth did and wanted to avoid the confusion. Garths name is troyal

Cowardly? I thought he had balls doing it, admitting it, and calling the liar a liar.

I don't think it's particularly courageous to call water wet. Not cowardly, either.

Really, the Comey testimony didn't tell us anything about Trump we didn't already know. He's a thin-skinned, narcissistic carnival barker.

And while all this **** is going on...the House repealed Dodd-Frank. How many people heard that news over the Trump-Comey dick-measuring contest?

Trump to address media at 2:45, lol

Keep the fool talking!! :thumbsup:

Trump knows full well that if he shuts up, this goes away pretty quickly. He's keeping it in the news cycle for a reason.

I don't know what that reason is...but he has one. This is the one context - marketing - where the Cheeto Dust Golem is a legitimate expert.

CORRECT. He said that exchange was on May 16, the date of the article I shared.

Bat **** Rhino insists that the exchange took place prior to that based on information NYT had, and thus Stretch committed perjury.

Again, you are casting a lot of aspersions about me without knowing my position on this matter at all.

It shows your bias. It shows you're unable to look at this situation dispassionately.

Not a surprise. Just a shame.

The truth is, Comey said he was prompted to leak the memo after Trump tweeted on the 12th. But the NYT was running stories and quoting the same memo (which he admits to leaking to the Times) a day before the tweet. Was it perjury? Could very well be.

That isn't a stretch. That's the reality. Your refusal to admit it's even possible shows you're unwilling to be reasonable when it comes to looking at evidence in this matter.

Judge Jeanine Pirro said former FBI Director James Comey is a "predator" who sought "revenge" by leaking his private memos about meetings with President Trump.

"He is an operator. He is part of the Washington elite," the judge told the hosts of "Fox & Friends."

The now-fired FBI Director testified to Congress on Thursday, dropping multiple bombshells including that he had leaked private conversations between him and the president in which he said he felt pressured to end the investigation into former national security advisor Michael Flynn.

Pirro commented that Comey comes across as "so wily and so calculating," and said she thinks he was looking to take the president down.

"It's clearly about revenge. This is a setup," she stated, referring to Comey's expressed hope that his leaks would prompt the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the Trump campaign.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/09/judge-jeanine-pirro-james-comey-leaks-predator-who-sought-revenge

Trump fired Comey because Trump couldn't get Comey to obstruct justice. How much clearer can it be.

If Trump had nothing to hide, let the FBI investigation run its course.

Trump's ADHD will be is downfall. It always did hinder him. Of course he is a functional billionaire. That helps.

Trump fired Comey because Trump couldn't get Comey to obstruct justice. How much clearer can it be.

If Trump had nothing to hide, let the FBI investigation run its course.

Trump's ADHD will be is downfall. It always did hinder him. Of course he is a functional billionaire. That helps.

It's a good thing Trump isn't likeable. Could you imagine the cult of personality he could summon up if he was likeable.

I don't think it's particularly courageous to call water wet. Not cowardly, either.

Really, the Comey testimony didn't tell us anything about Trump we didn't already know. He's a thin-skinned, narcissistic carnival barker.

And while all this **** is going on...the House repealed Dodd-Frank. How many people heard that news over the Trump-Comey dick-measuring contest?

Trump knows full well that if he shuts up, this goes away pretty quickly. He's keeping it in the news cycle for a reason.

I don't know what that reason is...but he has one. This is the one context - marketing - where the Cheeto Dust Golem is a legitimate expert.

I think the longer he keeps this in the news cycle and the narrative is "there is no there there" that's a good thing for him.

It's a good thing Trump isn't likeable. Could you imagine the cult of personality he could summon up if he was likeable.

You know that's a great, and very scary, point.

Oh to the contrary... He's likable amongst The Klan and the militiamen. That's a lot of personality there.

Burned his bridges with the elites, now he is pandering to Uncle Cletus and Billy Bob racist.

He so wants to be in with the coastal elites. It's gotta be killing Ivanka & Jared, and Papa Bear alike, that the only people snapping up their wares and this political schtick belong @ a Walmart in Terra Haute.

Like Slick Willy's Akansas winning campaign stuck in reverse. He just can't get the damn transmission out of reverse! Bill figured out how to change to a forward gear with the elites on the national scene.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois