James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

secrets / classified info ...

President Donald Trump reportedly shared classified information with the Russian officials during a meeting at the White House. IIRC that was the thing about the laptops that go boom.

The information was originally provided by a US partner who had not given permission to share the material with Russia

There's also his tweets - We've got ships sailing to North Korea.

That was a smart as Geraldo saying the US Army was going to drive straight into Baghdad on live News, who then was immediate expelled from Iraq for broadcasting details about future U.S. troop movements in the country.

You want info from fellow Republicans

read or follow them here

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

I'm not a Repiblican. Nor am I a Trump guy.

But both of those are huge stretches. First, the President can declassify anything he wishes. The burning of an Israeli source was poor form, not illegal and not the same as selling secrets. That intel was shared with Russia who, despite the hype, are our allies in the battle against ISIS (when we actually care to fight ISIS that is, but I digress). Second, the ships weren't even en route when that tweet was made. He tweeted false information about the position of the strike group... which, is more a nod towards his own incompetence than it is his desire to "sell state secrets".

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Repiblican. Nor am I a Trump guy.

But both of those are huge stretches. First, the President can declassify anything he wishes. The burning of an Israeli source was poor form, not illegal and not the same as selling secrets. That intel was shared with Russia who, despite the hype, are our allies in the battle against ISIS (when we actually care to fight ISIS that is, but I digress). Second, the ships weren't even en route when that tweet was made. He tweeted false information about the position of the strike group... which, is more a nod towards his own incompetence than it is his desire to "sell state secrets".

I'm going to believe someone hacked your account today. Stop making sense.

The president is the head of the unified executive branch of government, and the Justice Department and the FBI work under him and he may order them to do what he wishes.

I'll side with Mr. Dershowitz's view until it's changed by explicit intent of Congress.

CATHERINE HERRIDGE: Comey Made A Leak In Hopes Of Changing Focus Of The Russia Investigation.

“I can’t remember a time ever where a former FBI director has deliberately leaked the contents of a government document so it would get to a reporter in the hopes that it would prompt a special counsel investigation,” Herridge said Thursday afternoon.

“What you can draw here from that testimony is that once he left the office of FBI director, he was not necessarily a person of principle,” Herridge said. “He made a decision to leak information on an anonymous basis in the hope of really changing the entire focus of the Russia investigation going forward.”

Instead, everyone is focused on Comey.

CATHERINE HERRIDGE: Comey Made A Leak In Hopes Of Changing Focus Of The Russia Investigation.

“I can’t remember a time ever where a former FBI director has deliberately leaked the contents of a government document so it would get to a reporter in the hopes that it would prompt a special counsel investigation,” Herridge said Thursday afternoon.

“What you can draw here from that testimony is that once he left the office of FBI director, he was not necessarily a person of principle,” Herridge said. “He made a decision to leak information on an anonymous basis in the hope of really changing the entire focus of the Russia investigation going forward.”

Instead, everyone is focused on Comey.

He did that in direct response to Trump making claims about their meeting. He was answering Trump's lies.

possible

imagine the possibilities, billions and billions of traitors...

goosebumps...

Probable. Flynn has a story to tell!

Flynn... yeah that's the ticket, he'll come in with the Perry Mason last-second confession and then Trump will resign and walk with the Stonecutter's Stone of Shame tied to his neck...

is Flynn even more Looney Tunes than Comey?

:beer:

Today the role of Greg is being played by a 300lb Estonian LARPer.

Ya know, I was in Sweden recently at a friend's home for dinner. Their family is way into LARP. The funny thing is the oldest daughter who is 20 was showing pictures of LARP events and I was stunned.

In the US, the LARP community is unattractive. In Europe, not so much and in fact highly not so much. The lesson is: If you like the idea of LARPimg but not the stigma here, go to Europe.

Flynn... yeah that's the ticket, he'll come in with the Perry Mason last-second confession and then Trump will resign and walk with the Stonecutter's Stone of Shame tied to his neck...

Facing prison time will make people looney, so Flynn is way more looney

Flynn will stick up for DT but he is the vehicle for the witch hunt mobile, not its destination any more than America cared about Bill getting a BJ from an intern.

Ya know, I was in Sweden recently at a friend's home for dinner. Their family is way into LARP. The funny thing is the oldest daughter who is 20 was showing pictures of LARP events and I was stunned.

In the US, the LARP community is unattractive. In Europe, not so much and in fact highly not so much. The lesson is: If you like the idea of LARPimg but not the stigma here, go to Europe.

I had to research LARPers once. And you are correct. The European version is much... easier on the eyes. In the states it tends to be this: