James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/336452-team-trump-on-offense-ahead-of-comey-hearing

Potentially, this could be a very huge moment in American history. It could also be as much of a dud as many of you are hoping but team Trump is on the offensive already. Heck, they might even stop going after the mayor of London to focus on this.

Obviously, the issue of obstruction of justice will be the main point, but Comey in the past has brought up surprises when addressing congress, so we shall see. Anyway, while the GOP would never impeach Trump no matter what he does, establishing if a possible impeachable offense took place would set the stage for a hard fought election in 2018 with Democrats trying to restore checks and balances like the founding fathers intended and the GOP fighting for keeping Trump above the law

The White House is in full attack mode just a few days before former FBI Director James Comey’s highly anticipated testimony on Capitol Hill.

President Trump’s aides fanned out across the networks to rip Comey as an incompetent FBI director, sparred with news anchors and defended Trump on everything from the controversial immigration executive order to his response to the weekend terrorist attack in England.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/336452-team-trump-on-offense-ahead-of-comey-hearing

Potentially, this could be a very huge moment in American history. It could also be as much of a dud as many of you are hoping but team Trump is on the offensive already. Heck, they might even stop going after the mayor of London to focus on this.

Obviously, the issue of obstruction of justice will be the main point, but Comey in the past has brought up surprises when addressing congress, so we shall see. Anyway, while the GOP would never impeach Trump no matter what he does, establishing if a possible impeachable offense took place would set the stage for a hard fought election in 2018 with Democrats trying to restore checks and balances like the founding fathers intended and the GOP fighting for keeping Trump above the law

Again, show me evidence of Russia/Trump collusion in the election. As far as Comey's concerned, I think people that are dying to impeach Trump will be disappointed with his testimony. Since apparently all the meetings were private it's Trump's words against Comey's. Also, you're going to hear a lot of "I can't talk about an ongoing investigation" again.

Democrats are in the minority in all levels of government which although is typical of a party after 8 years of a two term president, it is more pronounced suggesting a lost and incompetent Democratic party. They don't have the power for checks and balances at this point.

Again, show me evidence of Russia/Trump collusion in the election. As far as Comey's concerned, I think people that are dying to impeach Trump will be disappointed with his testimony. Since apparently all the meetings were private it's Trump's words against Comey's. Also, you're going to hear a lot of "I can't talk about an ongoing investigation" again.

Democrats are in the minority in all levels of government which although is typical of a party after 8 years of a two term president, it is more pronounced suggesting a lost and incompetent Democratic party. They don't have the power for checks and balances at this point.

You mean aside from the circumstantial evidence that has already been demonstrated. But now we get this:

Last week, a subpoena for Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, was approved as part of the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation into Russia’s interference with the presidential election. With that, Cohen was added to a range of Trump allies who are reportedly entangled in the investigation—from outer-orbit figures like Roger Stone and Carter Page, to more visible senior advisers like Michael Flynn and Boris Epshteyn.

Sources close to the president say there is growing concern in the White House about what skeletons may emerge as investigators comb through a coterie of aides, past and present, who would have done virtually anything to win favor with Trump.

“My fear is that a bunch of people were freelancing—doing things not thinking about the repercussions, but thinking Trump would be so impressed by it,” said one person close to the president. He said that with all the resources the government is putting toward the investigation, “they’re going to want a return.” And in a climate like that, any misguided meeting, bluntly worded email, or undisclosed contact with a Russian official—whether or not Trump himself knew about it—could surface as an incriminating bombshell.

Given the characters this president likes to surround himself with, it’s easy to see why he might be worried.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/what-trump-really-fears/528846/

Not the smoking gun yet, but they are admitting, at least through leaks, someone might have been colluding. Everything leads to Russians! Why is that?

This is aside from the angle he might be compromised. And the new push by Dems to show Trump is using presidency for profit.

This is what's wrong with our system. Political parties shouldn't have the power for checks and balances; that is the role of the government body itself. The founders must be spinning like spits.

This is what's wrong with our system. Political parties shouldn't have the power for checks and balances; that is the role of the government body itself. The founders must be spinning like spits.

Who is the government body made up of?

The Watergate scandal that led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon “pales” in comparison to the ongoing Russia investigations that have besieged the current White House, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told reporters in Australia on Wednesday.

"I think if you compare the two that Watergate pales, really, in my view, compared to what we're confronting now," Clapper said Wednesday, according to a report from Reuters.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/07/russia-investigations-trump-watergate-239233